"50 Women" will be one of the first female only exhibitions of ceramics in the United States and will promote the discourse of female contributions to the arts on this very special occasion. "50 Women" will open during Women's History Month to celebration the vast contribution that women have made to the ceramic arts. The exhibition is scheduled for the Changing Gallery at the American Jazz Museum, Kansas City, Missouri, March 16 - May 13, 2016. The exhibition is also scheduled as a Concurrent Exhibition to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts' (NCECA) yearly conference that takes place on March 16 - 19, 2016.
The 50 Women exhibition will be organized to celebrate a cross section of contemporary female ceramic artists. The exhibition will include tile, installation, sculpture, figurative and functional ceramics. While many of the artists are internationally acclaimed, others will still be in graduate school.
Co-curators, Alex Kraft and Anthony Merino are dedicated and recognized ceramic artists and supporters of the arts. Ms. Kraft currently teaches at the University of North Georgia with several years of exhibition management. Mr. Merino has published over 100 reviews and curated 8 exhibitions. Melanie Shaw, also a ceramic artist, rounds out the team with over 20 years digital media and project management experience.
The 50 Women team have secured commitments from the artists--BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Through this Kickstarter Campaign we'll be raising the funds needed for shipping for the international artists and the large works by domestic artists selected for this huge exhibition. We've kept the initial funding request low, but we'll need your help to get ALL these amazing artists' works to Kansas City for one of the first female only ceramics exhibitions.
- Round trip shipping/insurance coverage for international artists selected
- Round trip shipping/insurance for domestic artists selected
- Covering the costs of Rewards production
- Shipping coverage for Kickstarter Rewards
- Thank you email from the curators--$5
- Thank you email from curators and a digital Thank You!--$15
- Navy T-shirt with Commemorative 50 Women logo--$30
- Ceramic mug/tumbler produced by Alex Kraft, Melanie Shaw or Anthony Merino--$65
- Navy Apron with Commemorative 50 Women logo--$85
- Slip Cast Ceramic Monster Tile by Melanie Shaw--$95
- Mono Printed Ceramic Tile by Alex Kraft--$125
- Bird Watercolor painting (matted) by Anthony Merino--$200
- MVP Level I, apron, mug/tumbler and invite to artist reception--$350
- MVP Level II, 1 large work by Anthony Merino OR Alex Kraft, supporter name on event invites, Invite + 1 to artist reception--$750
Risks and challenges
The monies raised in this campaign will fulfill the following objectives:
* Artwork Shipping/Insurance-Monies will be dedicated for round trip shipping and insurance for all artworks in the exhibition for the international and some selected national artists.
* Artwork, Rewards, Shipping and Insurance-Monies to be dedicated to procuring rewards, shipping and insuring the Rewards to be sent to you, the amazing supporters of this endeavor.
Approximately 85-90% of the funds needed will be utilized for shipping alone. All monies raised that exceed the requirements will be donated to a local Kansas City women's association.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)