WHISPERS FROM THE ABYSS 2: THE HORRORS THAT WERE AND SHALL BE is the second collection of Lovecraft inspired short stories collected and edited by Kat Rocha, owner of 01Publishing and associate editor with Pseudopod. Whispers Vol.1 was released in 2014 and received acclaim from numerous publications including Innsmouth Free Press, Amazing Stories and Black Static magazines. In addition, “The Well” by Tim Jeffreys and “Chasing Sunset” by A.C. Wise received honorable mentions in Best Horror of the Year Vol.7 by Ellen Datlow
After much demand for more stories by fans of the first volume, Whispers from the Abyss 2 was released on Kindle and other digital formats in October of 2015, and now we want to see this book in print.
What we need is $7000 (essentially pre-orders) to pay for the printing and shipping of this title as well as ordering the incentives that need to be ordered. That is all. The hard part of creation is done and you only have to wait for the books to come back from the printers.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Foreward by Michele Brittany
A.C. Wise – We are not These Bodies
John C. Foster – His Carnivorous Regard
Orrin Grey – The Labyrinth of Sleep
Nathan Wunner – Death May Die
Dennis Detwiller – Knot
Jonathan Sharp – Skoptsy
Cody Goodfellow – Red America
Ferrett Steinmetz – Shadow Transit
Deborah Walker – Baby Rhyme Time
Tom Pinchuk – Nyarlahotep’s Way
Laird Barron – Strident Caller
John Palisano – Lucky Chuck Takes the Sunshine Express
Kevin Wetmore - Notebook Concerning Class Struggle in Dunwich, Found in the Ruins of a Construction Site
Michael Hudson – Five Minutes or Less
Chad Fifer – The Baby Downstairs
Robert Stahl – Gifts
Joel Enos – Now We are Nine
Samuel Poots – The Great Old Thing in the Fridge
Marc E. Fitch – God Does Damn the Mind
Greg Stolze – In the Light
Richard Byers – Kickstarter
David Busboom – The Vindication of Y’ha-Nthlei
Konstantine Paradise – Echoes in Porcelain
Sarah Hans – Shadows of the Darkest Jade
Hunter James Martin – The Dreadful Machine
The book itself will be a 250+ page paperback
WHISPERS FROM THE ABYSS features a collection of new, established, and rising talents of the horror genre. Featured authors include:
"My debut collection, The Imago Sequence & Other Stories, was published in 2007 by Night Shade Books. My first novel, The Light Is the Darkness, was published in 2011 by Infernal House, followed by The Croning in 2012 from Night Shade Books. I write stories with elements of crime and horror. I’m fond of pulp, historicals, science fiction, and noir. Typically, my work combines one or more of these elements with a horrific or weird supernatural intrusion." - from Laird Barron's website
Novelist and game designer, Stolze is no stranger to the Cthulhu Mythos. His work has appeared in numerous anthologies such as, Cthulhu Lives!, Delta Green: Alien Intelligence, Delta Green: Dark Theatres, and The Unspeakable Oath. He also co-wrote the mythos inspired novel Mask of the Other with Dennis Detwiller.
A rising star in short fiction, A.C. Wise's stories have appeared in Clarkesworld, Lightspeed, Apex and The Best Horror of the Year Vol. 4. Her mythos themed work can be found in anthologies such as Fungi and Future Lovecraft.
CODY GOODFELLOW has written three novels (RADIANT DAWN, RAVENOUS DUSK, and PERFECT UNION) and cowrote JAKE'S WAKE, THE DAY BEFORE and (forthcoming) FRUITING BODY with John Skipp. His fiction and "journalism" has appeared in Cemetery Dance, Black Static, Dark Wisdom, Dark Discoveries, Dark Recesses and Ranch & Coast, and recent anthologies MONSTROUS, MIGHTY UNCLEAN and THE BLEEDING EDGE. A collection of his best short fiction, SILENT WEAPONS FOR QUIET WARS, is now available from Swallowdown Press.
Dennis Detwiller is a game designer, artist, and writer. Since 1992, his books, roleplaying games, and video games have entertained over 40 million people in 11 languages.
He is the four-time winner of the Origins Award for gaming, and the three-time winner of the ENnie Award for RPG excellence. His game [PROTOTYPE] won the Diamond Award for surpassing 10 million views on Gametrailers.com.
- The Summoning of the Shogoth - A 11x17 poster of the anthology's signature cover art.
- Star Spawn Poster - A 11x17 poster of Whispers Vol.1 signature cover art and series mascot.
- Bookplates - Enhance your copy of the Anthology with a limited bookplate!
- Myskatonic Astrological Society Sticker - Let the world know that when the stars are right, you'll be there.
- Shot glass of the Elder Race - protect your favorite beverage from harmful pollups with this Eldersign shot glass.
- Digital Download of Whispers from the Abyss Volume 1 $5
- Additional copies of Whispers Volume 2 in paperback $15 each
- Additional copies of Whispers Volume 1 i n paperback $15 each
- Shot glass of the Elder Race $12
- Beer Glass of Elder Horror $12 (US and Canada only, sorry)
- Whispers Starspawn bookmark $2
- Whispers 2 signed bookplate $5
- Star Spawn Poster $12
- Summoning of the Shogoth Poster $12
- Myskatonic Astrological Society Sticker $5
- Order of Dagon Lodge Sticker $5
- Elder Sign Sticker $3
- Esoteric Order of Dagon T-shirt $25
- Copy of Casefile: ARKHAM with artwork by Whisper's 2 cover artist, Patrick McEvoy. $15
If you are not in the United States and pledged $10 or less you will need to pay an overseas shipping rate in order to get your add-ons of $20. If you have pledged above a digital level, your shipping cost is included in your pledge.
- $8k - [LOCKED] - Everybody who contributed $15 or more will get their name printed in the book as a patron.
- $9k - [LOCKED] - At no extra cost, everybody who contributed $55 or more will receive the Eldersign Sticker
- $10k - [LOCKED] - At no extra cost, all physical copies of Whispers of the Abyss 2 will now feature a beautiful illustration by Call of Cthulhu/Arkham Horror artist Patrick McEvoy.
- $11k - [LOCKED] - At no extra cost, everybody who contributed $55 or more will receive the Esoteric Order of Dagon Sticker
- $12.5k - [LOCKED] - Another illustration by Patrick McEvoy at no extra cost.
- $14k - [LOCKED] - If this goal is reached I will make available a Myskatonic Astronomical Society T-shirt as an add on for $25.
- $16k - [LOCKED] - Hardcover: Everybody's book is upgraded to a hardcover edition, no additional cost.
- $18k - [LOCKED] - a third illustration by Patrick McEvoy at no extra cost will grace the interior of this hardbound book.
Risks and challenges
Since the book is done completely, the only complications that I can foresee would be things beyond our control such as delays in the printing process with the printer itself, delays in shipping the book from the printer to us and getting through customs, and any unforeseen family emergencies. If our stretch goals for interior artwork are met, the production of these pieces may delay the process. I will always keep you up to date on any news or complications that may arise.
US Shipping rates to countries other than Canada have skyrocketed in the last six month and continue to fluctuate It is with a heavy heart that I have to charge what I do for international shipping and this price reflects what it currently costs to ship a package. With that said, I promise that if prices go down between now and when the book ships I will refund the difference to those backers who are not in the US.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)