Top Ten Reasons you want SwitchIDs:
10. Your kids think the glow-in-the-dark SwitchIDs are cool. Be a cool parent!
9. Your airbnb renters complain that they can't find the right switch and you'd like to go the extra mile for them by installing SwitchIDs.
8. You are a Real Estate Professional and you want an awesome house-warming gift for your customers, so you give them SwitchIDs.
7. You know someone who needs help navigating their home, and these small visual cues in form of SwitchIDs are another piece of the puzzle.
6. You want the ceiling fan but get the light when you need some air in the middle of the night.
5. Your in-laws are moving in, and the last thing you need is for them to ask you every 2 minutes which switch is which. At this point you are dealing with your own demons...so you install SwitchIDs to walk you back from the edge.
4. It stinks when you flip the wrong switch at a surprise party - kinda ruins it, doesn't it?
3. You are so tired of hearing your husband claim that he can't do the dishes because he can't remember which switch operates the garbage disposal.
2. You are tired of hitting every switch on a bank of switches before getting to the one you wanted...how long have you lived here?
1. SwitchIDs finally provide an elegant and functional answer to the question: which switch is which?
How will we use the funds raised?
We, the SwitchID team, are raising funds to very strategically do the following:
[ 1 ] Production: cover the cost of manufacturing the SwitchID rewards and the first batch of SwitchID inventory. This will help us get off the ground in an industry where volume pricing is important but hard to achieve as a start-up.
[ 2 ] Website: part of the funds raised would allow us to build a state-of-the-art SwitchID web site that allows us to to efficiently and effectively communicate with our customers, take orders, connect to applicable social media outlets, and create a professional presence.
[ 3 ] Marketing: develop a SwitchID marketing campaign that would allow us to bring awareness about the SwitchIDs to our customers. We are not talking Super Bowl ads here, but rather smart marketing, using predominately social media and Google searches.
[ 4 ] Cover additional legal costs. Career tip: become a lawyer!
Risks and challenges
Every project has risks, but in this case we deem these to be minimal. Let us tell you why we believe that is the case:
We are Matthias and John, the creators of the SwitchIDs. We have been working together on projects since 2007. In 2009 we founded Napkin Innovations, L.L.C. as a design house for consumer-focused products and as an umbrella for our patents, trademarks, copyrights, etc.
We started working on the SwitchID project the summer of 2014. Since then we have brought an award-winning designer and, as of late, a social media specialist to the SwitchID team.
Additionally we are supported by an informal team of advisors that has vast experience in starting, growing, and managing businesses. We are simply very grateful for their continued input and support.
We have been working with a very experienced law firm to ensure that we have adequate legal protection for our product, name, tag line, graphics, etc. before we go public with our project.
For the production of the SwitchIDs we have partnered with a well-known engineered label manufacturer that is located less than 30 minutes from us. That proximity ensures fast and efficient communication.
Fulfillment will be handled by a local company as well, which will allow us to stay in very close communication to ensure a seamless logistical integration of order – manufacturing – fulfillment.
In other words: if we reach our funding goal, everyone will get their SwitchID rewards.
That is our promise to our backers!
Our product is ready to go!
We are ready to go!
We hope you consider backing us so that we can bring this great product to market.
- The SwitchID TeamLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)