About this project
Seattle Transmedia & Independent Film Festival, one of the most successful transmedia art festivals in the united states, wants to build a new exciting art collective for STIFF 2016 to incubate VR Games, Technology Documentaries and Second Screen Art. With the success of our 2015 transmedia gallery, we move forward with our artists' support program; through which STIFF will furnish affordable filmmaking resources to catalyze local artists, and communities.
STIFF, will leverage transmedia as a tool for self-expression, cultural preservation and social change.
Or as we call it: #STIFFRentals
Opening February 2016 with your help!
Seattle Transmedia and Independent Film Festival
We want to create an incubating environment for new media projects that could not exist inside a profit-driven environment. STIFF is a community of incredible artists, curators, galleries, and an enthusiastic and committed audience. The new rental program and space will be a home to our artist-led education program called #STIFFEducate!
At its heart, this is an artists' project. The rental program itself will be in line with the aims of the festival, to: collaborate with artists and arts organizations; commission new and ambitious work; and contribute to an essential and critical contemporary art discourse.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN THERE?
While the full line-up is still evolving, we can promise that we will deliver an incredibly active schedule, including artist talks, workshops, lectures, meet-ups and parties, alongside access to all the information you will need for your visit to #STIFF2016. It will be a great opportunity to get together to experience, discuss and learn about the best the festival has to offer.
WHY DO WE WANT TO DO IT?
We want to take full advantage of the artists both living in and visiting Seattle. Seattle has a thriving artistic community, built on collaboration and a DIY spirit which we will embrace this new rental program. This project is a new way of achieving our ambitions and aims of taking risks, and developing the ambitions of the festival for future editions. We know it's a big project, but we believe it adds immeasurably to the festival.
Most of our rewards have images below, but some will be uploaded shortly.
WHAT WILL YOUR CONTRIBUTION SUPPORT?
We need to raise $45,000 to create this exciting and dynamic project as part of the year round festival activities. Your generous contribution will go towards the purchase of used or new gear to create specific packages for incubation. It will also support the rent, bills and insurance, and of course we need brilliant volunteers to make sure that everybody is looked after!
With a limited 501(c)3 donation time frame, we're only asking for the minimum to jump-start our inventory rolling out to the Seattle film community by February 2016.
Rhode VideoMic Kit (Need to complete kit)
- BongoTies 19501 BongoTies
- Elastic Shock Mount Bands Rode SVM Bands
- Telescopic Microphone Extension Rode Micro Boom Pole
Canon 7D with 50mm f/1.8 2K Magic Lantern Kit (Need to complete kit)
- Li-ion Battery for Canon EOS LP-E6N
- Rode Videomic Microphone with Rycote Lyre Mount
- 1066x 64GB UDMA 7 CompactFlash Card LCF64GCRBNA1066
- Canon AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6AC
Blackmagic Design HD Pocket Camera Documentary Kit (Need to complete kit)
- Female and Male Power Adapter Connector 5.5x2.1mm to 2.5x0.7mm
- Male Plug to Blackmagic Pocket Camera 24" Power Cable
- Sony Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone MDR7506
- Lanparte DB-15 Dovetail Base Plate
VLock External Power Kit for 15mm Rail Rig (Need to complete kit)
- P-Tap connector to BMPCC 24" Power Cable
- 4-Pin Xlr Power Adapter Cable Dtap-4pxlr D Tap
- P-Tap Hub Adapter Splitter for Video Power Power Tap to 4-Port Female D-Tap
- DC Coupler for Canon Canon DR-E6
With this humble beginning, STIFF can finish completion of the following packages;
Canon XHA1 Camcorder Event Kit
- Blackmagic Design Video Assist HDMI/6G-SDI Recorder and 5" Monitor
- Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Canon LP-E6, LP-E6N
- SANDISK Extreme PRO SDXC 64GB UHS-II SDSDXPB-064G-A46
- Manfrotto MVM500A Aluminum Fluid Monopod with 500 Head
Shoulder Mount Camera Rig
- 2pcs Handles 15mm Rod Rail Support System
- Lanparte DSLR V-mount Battery Pinch Splitter Power Supply
- Lanparte 15mm Rod Rail Length 300mm 30cm Aluminuim(Pair)
- Li-ion Lithium Battery 130Wh Sony V-mount/Anton
- Lenzhound Basic Kit Wireless Follow Focus
Field Audio Recording Kit
- Condenser Shotgun Microphone Rode NTG2
- Boom Poles with CCR Internal Coiled Cable-Side Exit K-Tek Avalon Aluminum KE110
- 8-track Portable Digital Field Audio Recorder Tascam DR680
- Porta Brace Belt Audio Harness with Memory Foam and Medium Belt AH-3-MEMM
Canon 7D 2K-HD Photography Kit
- DVDO iScan Micro 4k Ultra HD Scaler iScan Micro
- Fresnel Continuous Lighting (x4) Light Kit with Case & Stands
- 4k Rokinon T1.5 Cine 3 Lens Kit - 35mm + 24mm + 85mm EF Mount Cine 3 Lens Kit
BMDPCC Super16 Documentary Kit
- Metal Cold Shoe Flash Adapter w 1/4 Mounting Hole
- Rode VMPR VideoMic Pro R with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- Sennheiser Wireless Lav Kit x2
Pansonic 4K UltraHD Cinema Kit
- (Type A to Type D) 90 Degree Right Angle Adapter Connector
- DC Coupler for Panasonic
- Fluid Base with Retractable Feet
- DVDO iScan Micro 4k Ultra HD Scaler
- Pro Audio Video Interface for LUMIX GH4
- HDMI/12G-SDI Recorder and 7" Monitor
SteadiCam HD/SDI Camera Stabilizing System
- Videook 1-7Kg Vest And Dual Arm Stabilizer
- Steadicam Camera Dovetail Plate Steadicam
- 078-5245 Stage Lock Spring SteadiCam
- 078-5152 Stage Lock Clamp SteadiCam
- SPR-139560 Black Spacer SteadiCam
- 802-7417 Spare Camera Dovetail Plate
- Long Gimbal Bracket Stand
- LILLIPUT 3G-SDI In&out HMDI Output 7"LED IPS 800:1
DJI Ronin 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Bundle
- 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Easyrig Cinema 3 500N Stabilizing Camera Support
- DJI Ronin Pan Extension
- DJI Ronin Arm Extensions
BMD 4K URSA Super35 Broadcast Kit
- Lanparte AR-450 15mm Diameter
- 450mm in Length Aluminum Rods
- Sony Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone
- Wireless Follow Focus Kit with Case
- 50mm + 35mm + 85mm + 24mm + 14mm EF with Case
- Shotgun Microphone with Blimp, K-Tek Boompole, & XLR Cable
- Porta Brace Video Vest Audio Module VV-MA
- 2 Stage 114mm Below 15mm Support Rod Mount for Wide Angle Lenses
- Sony VCT-14 Quick-Release Tripod Adapter
- Pro Video Fluid Head Tripod w/Adjustable Zero Drag Control
This one means the most, allowing us to offer emerging filmmaker kids camps and student rentals. This would make kids dreams come true!
iPad Pro Filmmaker's Kit for Kids (x6)
- Apple iPad Pro (128GB, Wi-Fi, Space Gray) - 12.9" Display
- Apple Pencil
- iPad Pro Case, [Heavy Duty] i-Blason Apple iPad Pro 2015 Armorbox
- iMovie for iOS
- FiLMiC Pro
- Air Display for Mac
- JumpStart LTC generates Longitudinal Time Code
- Apple Smart Keyboard for iPad Pro (MJYR2LL/A)
WHO ARE WE?
STIFF is Seattle's 2nd largest film festival, and Washington state's only Transmedia Collective.
STIFF offers bitcoin grants to individuals, workshops, scholarships, low-cost equipment rentals, internships, networking opportunities and non-linear editing systems. STIFF is also 100 percent volunteer managed, so we depend on generous donors to keep the momentum going into our 12th year.
If your business would like to sponsor STIFF, benefits include;
- printed program advertisement
- logo on this page
- logo displayed on our Sponsor Reel played before each screening in 2016
- VIP passes for your Staff to attend the festival and STIFF event.
- Your promotional items placed in our venues and lots more.
We're a 501(c)3 non-profit organization for which your gift helps us bring you the best independent cinema, artist-made games and avant-garde experiences along with these year round programs:
STIFFEducate! - Emerging media programs where local filmmakers and Transmedia artists present their knowledge in a beneficial way and enhances the creative.
Seattle Transmedia Lab - An incubating lab that provides affordable Transmedia gear to catalyze local artists and communities to use Transmedia as a tool for self-expression, cultural preservation, and social change. These digitizing technologies will equip boot-strapped, budget tight filmmakers.
Pop-Up Shop Program - An innovative arts program that leverages vacant retail space to connect crowdfunding artists with audiences (commercial/educational).
4K HD Transfers - Have old VHS Tapes, Laserdiscs, or any other S-Video decks? Then STIFF can help turn those old analog antiques into digital HD files that can be saved in professional compressed formats, like ProRes and DNxHD, or as fully uncompressed 10-bit video, the format used by professional television production studios.
3% Fiscal Sponsorship - We are deeply committed to facilitating regional Transmedia productions, and understand the difficulty of finding financial support for experimental projects that are inherently non-commercial. Documentary films, and even narrative features, struggle to recuperate funds invested, even with artistic and critical success, and rely on philanthropic support. Fiscal Sponsorship is a mechanism for Transmedia producers to fundraise for their projects. It does not bestow non-profit status to any company, however it does allow supporters tax deductions for donations.
501(c)3 Fiscal Sponsor Project. #asylumshortfilm
A dramatic short film bringing awareness to the correlation between domestic abuse and mental illness. Domestic abuse can cause life long trauma. It is a story of hope, recovery and resilience.
501(c)3 Fiscal Sponsor Project: #BakedTWS
Cooking with marijuana is much more than making just a brownie or crispy treat; it’s an epicurean experience. Baked is a fun, lighthearted web series where our charming hostess Patsy Benson, an 84-year-old grandmother, takes cooking with cannabis to the next level. In a homage to Julia Child’s Baking with Julia, Patsy prepares beautiful meals, pairing foods with cannabis strains, and invites guests to her home to chat about the industry.
Special Thanks: We are grateful and proud that our volunteers come from all walks of life to make an impact on our year-round work.
Alec Willis, Alexandra Hammer, Arlene DeCaray, Carl Harris, Carla Buena, Delia Bennett, Dorothy Le, Dylan Hopper, Erik Cornelius, Jessica Liu, Jessica ZYJ, Liu Fang, Mallory Smith, Matt Harrison, Melissa Brink, Nicholas Locke, Phil Amoureux, Ray Misra, Skylar Holcomb, Sue Worthington, Susan Johnson, Tom Scott, Wayne (Mike) Matthews, Will Cadra, Wendy Gonzales, Mike Hampton, Jenn George, Ilona Rossman Ho, Ryan Clausen, Christy X NC17, Brian Nunes, Warner Boutin, Christopher Newell, Scott Doran, Darlene Sellers
Producer Level Sponsors
MISSION - STIFF is fundamentally a year-round promotion for independent artists incubating new storytelling art-forms. By utilizing various theatrical settings, we encourage the development of networking and collaborations between diverse backgrounds in the community.
VISION - STIFF is dedicated to the incubation of the Emerging Digital Art-Form. This non-profit endeavors to provide year-round cultural exchange and educational opportunities by bringing a diverse selection of storytelling to the community and to provide a place for networking between the neighborhood, artists and industry.
Thank you so much for your help in making our festival rental program a reality. We really could not do it without you! Please do come and join us there - it's a place for you, a place for artists, curators and visitors! We're excited about making this project happen, and we hope you are too.
Risks and challenges
We recognize that last minute donations can be difficult to procure after the holidays. Which is why we are only asking for the minimum needed to launch our new 501(c)3 equipment rental program in February 2016. If we don't get the money need to fully fund the program we will have to apply for local technology grants in May 2016 that will delay the launch of our new artist support program along with any new educational workshops to certify people on the new digital technology.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (8 days)