THE BELLWETHER SYNDICATE is the musical project of William Faith (of March Violets, Faith and the Muse, formerly of Christian Death, Shadow Project, Mephisto Walz, Sex Gang Children, etc.) and Sarah Rose Faith (aka DJ Scary Lady Sarah).
In March of 2012, we launched our first Kickstarter to produce our debut EP The Night Watch. The Kickstarter was a major success for us, reaching our stretch goal of $11,000. The EP came out in February of 2013, and was followed by shows and touring in the U.S., as well as appearances in the UK and Germany. It was a blast.
For quite some time now (years, actually), many of you have been asking when we would be doing a new album. We've always believed in producing music only when we have something to say. Now is that time -- and It's time to step it up.
We're ready to do a new album. There are a few pieces of gear we want to add to our studio rig to make the recording better, and we're currently looking at a few different engineers to mix the album. We're excited by the new song ideas we have and can't wait to share them with you (including small runs of vinyl and CDs).
We also want to back it up with some proper touring here at home, in Europe, Central and South America and beyond. We have a whole new show we want to take out on the road -- there's nothing we love more than connecting with you directly by playing live. It's why we do what we do.
Our sincere thanks and deepest gratitude for your support -- you are the ones who make all this possible!
All the love,
William & Sarah ∞
P.S. - If you have any questions about any of the rewards, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does your pledge go toward?
• Gear: A few pieces of studio equipment to put the polish on our recording.
• Mixing: We are currently looking at a few different options, but will ultimately select the person we feel can best express the ideas behind the songs.
• Mastering: The album will be mastered by the best in the business, Joe Gastwirt in Oak Park, CA.
• Artwork: Again, examining several options, but will go with the person who truly understands what we're conveying with this album.
• Vinyl Pressing/Compact Disc duplication: Manufacture of short-run vinyl and CDs of album.
• T-Shirts/Buttons/Stickers: Manufacture of merchandise.
• Beyond... If we are fortunate enough to meet our goal, anything above and beyond that amount will go toward promotion of the album as well as further development of our live show and more touring.
• Friday, May 5: Our Kickstarter deadline hits.
• May - December, 2017: We are in the studio working on this new album.
• December 25, 2017: Everyone who pledged to our Kickstarter receives a digital download of the album, nearly 2 months ahead of the album release date of February 14, 2018
• December 31, 2017: We perform a New Year's Eve concert event here in Chicago, IL.
• January, 2018: All physical product rewards go out, a month or more ahead of the album release date of February 14, 2018.
• February 14, 2018: Official street/release date of our new album. Touring and events to follow.
Risks and challenges
The risks and challenges associated with this project are minimal. As we have our own studio to produce the work in, we have no concerns about being able to complete the album. The only challenges we can imagine are related to delivery timeline, but we feel we have left ourselves enough time to do this within the specified window (this is our second Kickstarter campaign). If we run into any delays or issues, we will let you know immediately.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)