We are the Tortuga Twins, a professional improv-comedy troupe that has well-over 3500 live performances at theme parks and festivals across North America. We are storytellers extraordinaire, outrageously funny as we present a variety of audience-interactive tales including stories about Robin Hood, the Big, Bad Wolf, and Captain Morgan & the Pirate Queen to name a few.
We are now writing & producing a new show that revolves around the poem “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” In true Tortuga Twins fashion, we can guarantee that it will be hilarious, audacious, and quickly depart from this beloved poetic story to become one filled with intrigue, mayhem, and Tortuga Twins donning holiday-inappropriate clothing.
For those of you who already know us, this will also be the first time that both Tortuga Twins troupes will be performing onstage together. That's right, you will be getting at least six Tortuga Twins prancing & swaggering about on stage and while we weave our madcap tale of Santa Snatching & Holiday Tomfoolery. Sound interesting? Intriguing? Inappropriate? Indeed it will be! Want to have a hand in creating the magic? Get a piece of the action? Maybe even be in the show? You can! Read on, watch our Kickstarter video, and allow us to regale you with our tale on how we intend to write, produce, perform, and record for DVD our Tortuga Twins Christmas Story 2012!
Though it's true that we've produced two other theater shows, Tortugapalooza and Tortugapalooza 2: Spies! (Tortugapalooza 3: Sex Ed is slated for production in the next couple years), we want your help on this one. There are a variety of things we need to purchase and/or create over the next few months before our deadline—did we mention that we plan to perform this Tortuga Christmas extravaganza on December 14 in Charlotte, NC?
Here are a few of the things we'll need to stir into the pot for our Christmas Show Soup:
- Pre-shot & edited video for the multimedia portions of the show
- Actors & Production Assistants
- Rehearsal time & space
- Securing the Theater & Staffing
- Hiring the Video Production crew and Editor
- Sound and other miscellaneous technical equipment
The cost of these and other necessary components will add up quickly. Please help us, Kickstarter, you're our only hope (paraphrased from another request uttered “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....”).
So...what can you do to help? We're glad you asked. (No, really!)
Here are the most important things you can do to help this project become a success:
1) Contribute. It doesn't matter if it's one dollar, twenty dollars or *grin* ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS (or more). Whatever the amount, we'll put it to use. We plan on giving back to you as well. Just check out the list of Rewards we're offering, figure out what it is you want to contribute to the show, and point & click your way to becoming a Tortuga Twins Christmas Show 2012 Executive Producer.
2) Tell Your Friends!!! Let the people know who we are, what we're about, and tell them all about this madcap mischievous scheme we've embarked on. Tell them through Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, your podcast, Tumbler, your website, stick this to them on Pinterest—we don't care how you do it, just make sure the word gets out! (please & thank you)
With everything we're planning, our goal is $10,000 and we've got only 30 days to raise it. That's how Kickstarter works. It's ALL OR NOTHING in 30 days. We know we can do this—and with your help, it's gonna be a fantastic Christmas show for everyone!
If you haven't already, please take a look at our video. Feel free to poke around our website (http://www.tortugatwins.com/), scope us out on Facebook, (http://www.facebook.com/TortugaTwins), or tickle us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/tortugatwins). Get to know us and decide how you want to help us produce our latest theater show & DVD. If you have any questions—about the Tortuga Twins, our projects, this project, or anything else that might cross your eyes—please email us. We'd love to hear from you and answer your question(s). If we don't have an answer, we'll either research it or (more fun) make something up.
Thanks for everything, Kickstarter! And thank YOU for helping us make some Christmas Magic!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)