2 Pups N' Cat
Partialliy animated series for children based on science, math, geography, history & creativity. Including characters with disabilities
2 Pups N' Cat
Partialliy animated series for children based on science, math, geography, history & creativity. Including characters with disabilities
Keep up-to-date with 2 Pups N' Cat and our Kickstarter Campaign. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. Doing so you will get instant access to a "Wacky Wednesday" video we have created. And it is pretty funny. During the Kickstarter campaign we will be doing a couple live events with the characters using the awesome software that I mention down below. Make to keep an eye out in our newsletters for dates and time. You'll be able to ask the Creator/Host live question at the magical cabin! *Created more towards teenagers and young adults.
The #1 way that this Kickstarter campaign will be a success is if viewers like you share our story. Share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, on any and all social media platforms you utilize. 2 Pups N' Cat would like to thank you for referring to this campaign. Each time you refer us and someone clicks the link which will direct them to this campaign page you will receive 25 Whisker Points© from 2 Pups N' Cat. Click here to read more about our referral offer.
Our Kickstarter funding goal is $7.5k. That is the bare minimum we need to create season 2. Our target goal is 35K. This will allow for a small studio with a proper green screen, proper lighting, props, project gear, and "field trips". Field trips is defined as us going to specific places to film an episode. For example, a hydroponics farm. Allowing children to see what a full operational hydro and aquaponic farm is like. And of course are dream target would be 65K. Not only would we have the funds to film season 2, but the funds for all the proper equipment including film editing AND enough funds left create season 3 too! That would be fantastic!
My name is David Swanson. I’m the creator of 2 Pups N’ Cat. I want to thank you for taking the time to look at our Kickstarter project. Fingers crossed we will be able to reach our goal and help to continue to create this fantastic show for children.
First, let me give you a background about what the show is about and then a background of who I am. I grew up watching Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood, Winnie the Pooh, Magical School Bus, and Reading Rainbow. It’s hard to find shows like that for children these days. That is entertaining and educational. Netflix was courageous enough to bring back the Magical School Bus. That’s awesome! And, LeVar Burton’s own campaign right here on Kickstarter to bring back…"Butterfly in the sky", if you watched Reading Rainbow you know what that’s from:).
2 Pups N’ Cat is a magical, educational show that takes place in the magical cabin with David’s two dogs, Buster and Chance, and his cat Jasper which are the primary characters with a few others as I will explain below. You might ask how can magic be in a show that teaches science, math, geography, history, and spelling. Three words…Magical School Bus :). 2 Pups N’ Cat’s purpose is to teach science, math, geography, history, and spelling in a unique, creative, entertaining way that engages our young viewers. At the same time teaching about and respecting animals and our planet.
2 Pups N’ Cat will be gender neutral. Encouraging both girls and boys, equally! And most importantly many of our characters will have disabilities. Teaching children that we are unique and creative in our own way and respecting and accepting each other's unique disabilities. For example, one of the main characters is Charlie, a rabbit that grows hydroponic food for the 2 Pups N’ Cat community. Charlie has down syndrome. It’s important that children with disabilities have characters they can relate to and identify with. Not to give away too much but a few of the characters will have A.D.D., dyslexia, and cerebral palsy.
Growing up I loved camping, hiking, outdoor activities, just being in nature and exploring the wonder of nature. For example, I lived in a small town in western Nebraska growing up. Not too far from our small town was a state park that had a small stream running through it. Taking a small sample of water and placing it under my inexpensive microscope and viewing the amazing universe of creatures that lived in just a drop of water was thrilling, to say the least. My imagination went crazy with wonder.
With smartphones, tablets, game boxes, and virtual reality headsets its harder than ever to get children outside these days. That’s where 2 Pups N’ Cat comes in. 2 Pups N’ Cat takes place as I said in a magical cabin in the wilderness. Again, fingers crossed if this Kickstarter campaign is successful I’ll be able to purchase equipment like a microscope attachment, telescope attachments, additional science gear for the show. that will record what is being seen under the microscope and in the telescope. Encouraging children to get out in nature like we do in the show and explore for themselves the wonders and magic of our planet.
With the new amazing software from Adobe, Adobe Character Animator, I’m able to create and bring Buster, Chance, and Jasper into animation form. In an episode coming up Buster, Chance, Jasper, and David will enter a secret portal in the magic cabin that takes us to a land called Axelber. In Axelber Buster, Chance, and Jasper are animated and can talk. I don’t want to give away too much and spoil the enchantment of 2 Pups N’ Cat. But sufficed to say with this software it will make 2 Pups N’ Cat even more magical and exciting for children.
I don’t want this to go to long so last but not least is another exciting reason to use Adobe Character Animator. With this software, I’m able to stream live on YouTube each of the Characters and have a live session each month. Children and parents will see Buster, Chance, Jasper, and Charlie in their animated form, moving and talking directly to them. How cool is that?! This just gives me another tool to really bring the magic and excitement of 2 Pups N’ Cat to children by directly interacting with them.
A little background about me before this gets too long. I was born in Colorado and grew up in Colorado and Nebraska. I was born with severe dyslexia. And struggled in grade school and high school with dyslexia. Until I met a guidance counselor my senior year in high school, Mrs. Baker. I don’t have the words to express how much she helped me. One thing that was missing was someone I could identify with. I felt embarrassed about having dyslexia. Having a character on a show that I could identify with would have been wonderful.
I’m sure you can tell I have excitement when it comes to nature. I love children and animals and working directly with children and animals. Being able to take children out to a state park, grab a little stream water, place it under the microscopes and seeing their faces as they look for the first time into the microscope and see the amazement in their faces as they view the life in just one drop of water. It’s just incredible!
Now with Adobe software like Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Character Animator it makes it very inexpensive and not too time-consuming to create an animated series with amazing video effects like the magic I use in the videos. My background is in computer science. In fact, I designed and created the entire 2 Pups N' Cat website myself. I’m very versed in all this software. One skill I’m lacking is drawing. I’m not a great graphic artist. If this Kickstarter campaign is successful I will be able to hire a graphic artist that will be able to create the characters and scenes that are needed for the animated version of 2 Pups N’ Cat!
I’m asking for your help. Please! Please, help me bring this amazing, creative, educational show to children around the world! If you can spare even $1.00 you are helping bring this show to children. It may not seem to be a lot but it adds up quickly. Rather you can spare one dollar or ten thousand dollars the most important thing you can do to help this campaign to be a success is to SHARE IT! Share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, even word of mouth. More shares, the better of a chance this campaign will be successful. Will you help me bring this animated show to children by sharing this campaign with your friends and family and if at all possible take a leap of faith and make a pledge?
David, Buster, Chance, and Jasper
1. Name on permanent "Made It Happen" web page can be your name, first name only, or on behalf of someone. Please, no company names. If the name is on behalf of someone you must have their permission first. A signed release will be required.
2. Limited edition downloadable/print-out/photo is a specific photo of Buster, Chance, Jasper, and David. It will be issued only for this Kickstarter campaign. Limited edition. It will be numbered in the series from the print-out.
3. Downloadable and digital items, including digital books, are available on the 2 Pups N' Cat website. You must create a free account on 2 Pups N' Cat website to access the downloadable link.
4. Items that are shipped will be sent by either USPS (United States Postal Service) or by FedEx. 2 Pups N' Cat will make the choice on shipping company. You must verify that you can receive items from either USPS or FedEx before making the pledge. 2 Pups N' Cat is not responsible if the item can't be shipped to a location that is not serviceable by either USPS or FedEx. We hope you understand.
5. One on One online conversation is done through either YouTube Live or Facebook Private Messenger. Please note that 2 Pups N' Cat is in UTC-6 (American/Denver) time zone. If and when the Kickstarter campaign is successful you will receive a link to a shared calendar that you will be able to book a time for the one on one conversation. You may put in a request for the character that you would like to speak with.
6. If your reward includes having your name in the credits of the 2 Pups N' Cat episodes you may supply your full name, first name only, or on behalf of someone. Please, no company names. If the name is on behalf of someone you must have their permission first. A signed release form will be required.
7. Any item that includes a signature will be signed by Buster, Chance, Jasper, and David. That's right! Buster, Chance, and Jasper too. Buster, Chance, and Jasper have their very own signature (a stamp of their paw with their very own individual color). David, of course, helps them sign it but they do have their own unique signature.
8. If your reward includes an invitation to be on 2 Pups N' Cat episode please be aware that you are responsible for travel, accommodations, and meals. The reward includes one full day (eight to twelve hours) of shooting. Shooting the episode may take considerably less time. However, you will be included in the full day of activities. It will be something quite fun and exciting. You must sign a model release form before recording proceeds.
9. If your reward includes having a character in an episode that resembles you; A model release form must be signed prior to creation. The character will appear in one episode of 2 Pups N' Cat. A signed art still of your character will be printed, signed, and framed.
10. If your reward includes a theme interactive birthday party please note we can't guarantee that it can be on the exact day of the birthday. We will do our best but depending on shooting schedule and any prior engagements it may not be possible. Please know we will do our best. You must give 2 Pups N' Cat at least six weeks notice prior to the birthday to be able to ship the theme birthday decorations to you.
11. If your reward includes an annual membership to the 2 Pups N' Cat fan club a promotional code will be generated and sent to you by email. When subscribing on the 2 Pups N' Cat website the promotional code will activate your annual membership.
12. If your reward includes a lifetime membership to the 2 Pups N' Cat fan club a promotional code will be generated and sent to you by email. When subscribing on the 2 Pups N' Cat website the promotional code will activate your lifetime membership. Please note the term "lifetime" is defined as the lifetime of the 2 Pups N' Cat fan club product.
13. If your reward is the ten thousand dollar reward. First off thank you! Please note we can only travel to the lower forty-eight states and certain parts of Alaska and Canada. Depending on road conditions, if an RV can travel the roads, and if there is a full hook up RV park that is close to your location, and has a vacancy. David has final decision on road conditions and road suitable for the RV. A twelve-week notice must be scheduled prior to the trip due to shooting schedule and any prior engagements. Buster, Chance, and Jasper if at all possible will be with David. A short introduction to Buster, Chance, and Jasper is a possibility. Buster and Chance are both extremely friendly dogs both with people and other dogs. But they are dogs and can be temperamental. Jasper can be quite hostile to other people. Petting Jasper won't be possible. David will do his best to hold and introduce Jasper but she is very shy. Please keep this in mind. A full release must be signed including any unforeseen accidents with Buster, Chance, and Jasper. Although the introduction with Buster, Chance, and Jasper will be short spending a day with David will be amazing and magical!
14. If your reward includes a limited edition is defined as the number in the run. Extra may be created due to errors in the run, or for additional reason that will not be included in the numbered set of limited edition offered on the Kickstarter campaign.
15. If your reward includes a podcast recording, Skype or telephone will be required. Including a model release and if the telephone is used a release to record the telephone call for the purpose of the podcast.
16. If your reward includes the pizza party in Colorado Springs you must provide your own travel to the pizza parlor in Colorado Springs. Date to be announced after Kickstarter campaign is successful. Pizza and soda is included.
Risks and challenges
With any new venture, there is always some risk involved. I’ve owned a large successful solar company in Central Florida that I started with a few thousand dollars. A successful merchant service company (credit card processing) that again, I started from nothing and sold. I’ve had a lot of experience with starting a business but most important keeping businesses flowing. That all said, each business is its own unique entity with its own unique risks and challenges.
Some of the risks involved with 2 Pups N’ Cat is time, engagement, and viewer satisfaction. I’ll address each one.
2 Pups N’ Cat is an internet show, timing is one if not the biggest risk factor. How to address this? If you watch many YouTube videos on how to be a successful channel and even YouTube themselves have stated it in their own newsletter is to publish, publish, publish new videos on regular bases. I don’t totally agree with that. Yes, you have to have constant fresh content. But it doesn’t have to be two videos a day. In fact, my favorite top five YouTube channels only produce one video a week. But….and it's a big but. The quality and length of the video is greater. They put a lot of work into that weekly video. The quality, the sound, the video/sound effects are greater than a video published bi-daily, daily, or even bi or tri-weekly. Plus there is the anticipation factor. I look forward to Sundays as I know my favorite two channels publish their video that day. Which creates excitement and anticipation keeping the show alive.
Engagement and viewer satisfaction go hand in hand. If we hurry through and produce a show just so we can add “content” to our YouTube channel, daily viewer satisfaction will go down as the viewers will be less engaged with our show. Having taken the time to produce a well scripted and filmed episode will keep engagement and viewer satisfaction high.
The challenges that we face is raising enough capital to be able to produce the partially animated version of 2 Pups N’ Cat. 2 Pups N’ Cat has already gained our first large corporate sponsor and possibly a second. Which is just fantastic. This is a great sign but complacency can be an internet show's biggest downfall. If a show becomes popular quickly, sponsors line up, and the managing members become excited and then complacency sets in. As quickly as the show became popular the show dies. Being aware of this is one of the greatest factors to prevent this from happening.
Other challenges are a lot like most successful internet shows. Keeping to a schedule, having engaging entertaining content that our viewers enjoy and anticipating the next episode. Gaining corporate sponsors. And one that isn’t talked about a lot but is very important. Not offending our viewers. It can take only one episode to offend a large number of viewers and the show dies. Yes, we will be diving into global warming, environmental change, big bang theory (no, not the CBS television show :)), and evolution. But, at the same time respecting political views and religious views.
Regarding the rewards for the pledges you made and we sincerely aprciate! The items that are downloadable are already on the 2 Pups N' Cat website ready to be downloaded. For printed items like clothing, we have partnered with a large wholesale printing company. The items are also ready to be shipped. The wholesale printing company holds are inventory, prints, and ships for us. For any other tangible item, we use Amazon shipping to hold our inventory and ship the items for us. This was we don't need a small warehouse to store our inventory.
Again, thank you for your faith in us and please, share, share, share. It's the only way we will succeed on making this campaign successful!
Thank you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (38 days)