WE'VE UPDATED OUR PLEDGES AND ADDED SOME TASTY TREATS FOR OUR BACKERS!
We've created the worlds first accessory that turns your standard Aeropress® coffee maker into a 2POUR® brewer.
The 2POUR® is the worlds first two brewer accessory for your Aeropress® Coffee Maker, designed by the inventor, Andrew Eaves from Manchester, UK. The 2POUR® accessory has been specially designed by a team of coffee enthusiasts to enrich your Aeropress® coffee routine by adding the ability to make two cups of coffee from a single plunge.
We love the Aeropress® coffee maker; it's been in our families morning routine for many years. If you own one, you've almost definitely encountered that moment when you've made a coffee for a friend or partner, and then you've got to re-do the whole process for yourself before you can enjoy them together; with the 2POUR®, you no longer have that problem.
- Reusable. We believe in buying once, buying better. That doesn't mean it has to be expensive either; we are committed to ensuring everything we design is made to last and at an affordable cost for all. The 2POUR® has been designed to last a long time - meaning you'll only ever have to buy one, that is, unless you're buying one for a friend too.
- Washable. We designed the 2POUR® not only for a great coffee brewing experience but we also made it super easy to clean. The product is a single-unit design with no removable parts, resulting in a quick and easy cleaning experience with most household cleaning cloths.
- Easy to use. The Aeropress® is one of the easiest products we've ever used to make coffee and the 2POUR® is no different. It was really important for us to design the 2POUR® so that when combined with the Aeropress® it has little to no impact on the original brewing experience; meaning, 'less fussing, more sipping! - but this time, with friends!
When designing the 2POUR® our main goal was to ensure that it remained in line with the same principles of the Aeropress® coffee maker; harvesting smooth, rich coffee in just a few minutes.
We've taken very subtle design influences from both the portafilter (used on commercial coffee machines) and the Chemex style pour-over brewer - resulting in a new, but familiar 2POUR® which is equally at home on your countertop.
As we've already mentioned, using the 2POUR® impacts on your Aeropress® routine very little and requires minimal setup; all you need to do is put your Aeropress® on top, it's that easy!
I know what you're thinking, the Aeropress® can only make one cup for a reason - it only holds 250ml of water, right? Well, the short version is, yes!
Our research showed that there is already a demand for a two cup strength method using the Aeropress®, so we've taken the time to perfect this method so that you can extract the same great tasting coffee from one plunge.
STEP 1 -Grind 30g of coffee with a medium-fine grind, roughly the size of table salt
STEP 2 - Add your coffee to the Aeropress®
STEP 3 - Boil 500ml of water, let cool to around 90-96ºC and top up your Aeropress®
STEP 4 - Place the filter into the cap and screw firmly.
STEP 5 - Place your 2POUR® onto the Aeropress® and press firmly - now watch the 2POUR® take over.
STEP 6 - Finally, top your cups with the remaining water you boiled earlier.
Visit our website www.2pour.com to share your own brewing recipes. We'll try them all and the ones we like, we'll publish on our social media!
We really believe in 2POUR®.
Having invested a lot of time and money into this project in the last 3 years, we can't wait to get this product to market. We strongly believe in making products that improve peoples lives, and as designers, we have a lot of responsibility in making that happen.
Products take a long time to get to market, and most don't even make it; mostly down to the lack of funds or resources to meet minimum order quantities.
By investing in our project, you'll be helping us produce our very first batch of 2POUR's that will be shipped to you this summer.
We've kept our pledges really simple. We want you, the backer to understand that we're serious about our product without having to fill our pledges with endless fodder, like key-rings and printed t-shirts, blah!
As a thank you for supporting us, if we're even more successful that we hope, we've put together a stretch package to bring something new and exciting to the 2POUR® range.
LET'S BREAK IT DOWN
- £8,500. The first goal of our Kickstarter campaign is to make sure we can meet the tooling and production costs required to manufacture the 2POUR® product. If we meet this goal, we've already got a strong infrastructure and process in place to ensure we can deliver what we promise - globally.
- £15,000. With great reward, comes great responsibility. If we meet £15,000 with our Kickstarter campaign we will head back to our manufacture team and produce 2 brand new colours of the 2POUR®. If we get close to this number, we'll announce our colours through a poll from our loyal backers.
- £20,000. The big stretch. The Aeropress® community is huge - its globally recognised. If we meet a whopping £20,000 with our campaign, not only will we be incredibly grateful, but we'll be hosting a special Kickstarter, 2POUR® event here in the, UK. We'll be inviting a number of special Aeropress® enthusiasts and professionals to demo our 2POUR® accessory, along with special roastery guests to immerse our loyal backers in a new Aeropress® / 2POUR® experience. The evening location, venue and full list of activities will be revealed on Kickstarter and our website if we meet our stretch goal. We can't wait to share more with you - it's going to be exciting.
Hi, I'm Andrew Eaves, the inventor and founder of 2POUR®. I have had a lot of experience working in and running my own successful global wholesale and distribution company.
I've never considered myself a designer, but instead a product inventor. If I have learnt anything over the years, it's that I love collaborating with people who are passionate about their specific discipline.
Founding relationships with people who understand your own goals isn't easy, but at 2POUR®, we've worked hard to find a team that helps us achieve excellence in everything we do.
Here at 2POUR®, our core principles are to continue designing great products and delivering a service that counts - building our own community of 2POUR® customers that matter!
From myself and everyone at 2POUR® - Thank you!
Risks and challenges
We're new to product development, so the process has been a big learning curve. Initially, we began the process alone, consulting input from local services to help us achieve our goal - but we quickly realised we needed more professional help. We took our product to a professional design team 2 years ago and have been working with them ever since. To-date we've produced more than 5 prototypes together, so we're confident that they understand our product as much as we do.
If the funding is realised, we know that the product will reach the market by summer 2018.
We already have an in-depth commercial knowledge of wholesale and global fulfilment, so we'll be using our existing relationships with teams based in the USA, UK and subject to demand, Australia, to ensure we deliver the 2POUR® product to our backers and later to our new customers - smoothly and efficiently.
Until this point, this has all been self-funded.
Our Kickstarter goal is set to ensure we can create the moulding and tools required to fulfil our stock levels for our first minimum order quantity.
We fully understand that backers funds are not to cover the self-funded part of our project. This will come from future sales of 2POUR® and our future products launched under our new brand.
We genuinely thank you for believing in us! 2POUR®.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)