About this project
Let's bring back the fun!
As video game developers we often get pulled into the land of publishers. While its good to have someone backing your game, it also tends to focus games towards trends, numbers and executive goals. This has sucked the life out of most games and killed off many good studios.
Well here is your chance to be part of a game where the fun is the focus. To do this, we are going to need your help to put the finishing touches on the game, join our beta and help us get the word out.
The Kickstarter funding will be used to
- Finalize marketing and publishing material for Steam
- Finish production of the game trailer
- Set up beta testing equipment
- Develop more vehicles and weapons
- Add finishing touches to gameplay and levels
The game is called Ravaged, a post-apocalyptic vehicular first-person shooter. Think Mad Max meets Battlefield where a group of resistance soldiers fight for humanity while scavengers look to control it all.
The game features over 30 vehicles and weapons, amazing post-apocalyptic maps and 10 classes to choose from.
Check out our Development Diary videos to see some of our vehicles in action!
Why is this different from other first person shooters?
Focus on Fun
- Vehicles are fun to drive
- Crazy melee combat
- Fast-paced mayhem
- Cool characters
- Great new game modes
Skill is Needed
- Vehicles and weapons require skill to use, noobs beware!
Teamwork is Essential
- Tactics required! If you go it alone, your team won’t win. Many levels feature Capture the Resources game modes which requires teamwork and planning.
- Level have great depth, amazing places to climb and hide
- What if scenarios: snowed in cities, dried-up oceans and more
- Battles range in players from 16 (8v8) to 64 (32v32)
Focus on Community
- We care about your ideas and feedback and at every step of testing will be asking for your thoughts and working to make this the fun game you want to play!
We solemnly pledge 5% of the profits from the finished product back to the Kickstarter community to help fund other people's dreams.
About the Team
Established in 2009, 2 Dawn Games is a team of AAA game and indie developers dead set on bringing the fun back to games. Our team is made up of passionate gamers who have worked on games such as Desert Combat, DCON, the Battlefield series and more. We want this game to be fun and without the restrictions of a publisher, we can support the community the way we want to.
Beta will be in Spring 2012 and Release in Summer 2012. We'll have more specific dates once we work out some details with Steam.
Support this project
- (45 days)