Lion’s Vault is the third chapter of the Fate of the Forebears Adventure Path, beginning immediately after the close of City of Sands module. The players must now venture out into the desert wastes of the Mirrored Steppes to uncover the secrets of an ancient city in ruins. Characters must withstand an ever-present corruption that feasts on their will, while they race treasure hunters and bandits through trapped-filled ruins to find the corruption’s source, an unspeakable horror protected by an ageless guardian.
The 80+ page adventure is setting agnostic, but with original locations and written for both Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition as well as the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. The module will take characters from level 9 to level 11 and brings them through three narrative acts of a story arc, yielding 10-12 sessions of play. It is the continuation of the second module of Fate of the Forebears AP, City of Sands, which, in turn, picks up after the first module, Domes of Ishaq-Zahur.
In addition to the module, there will be an opportunity to pledge for digital assets in addition to PDF and print versions, which will allow you to easily run it online through virtual tabletop as well as at your table.
The destruction and terror the Nartheneen scepter caused on the metropolis of Archensheen will mark the city for decades. But even as the warring factions of the city fell to its power, it was clear that its evil source came from somewhere. Following a trail of disreputable treasure hunters, it is learned that a long-ruined Nartheneen city in the wastes of the Mirrored Steppes was the source of not only that scepter but all manner of evil and corrupted artifacts.
A dark corruption lies beneath the Nartheneen ruins, tainting everything around it—and this corruption is protected by ancient guardians who will stop at nothing to protect their secrets. What extremes must the adventurers reach to reveal the Nartheneen secrets and what horrors will awaken when they do?
Without you, and the support of those who helped bring Domes of Ishaq-Zahur and City of Sands to life, this module could not exist. Due to the success of Part 2: City of Sands this project is well into production, continuing the story of the Fate of the Forebears series. This means we have completed the storyboard and adventure outline, commissioned magnificent art pieces, and have written many encounters.
Many faces have returned from the City of Sands and Domes of Ishaq-Zahur projects to continue Fate of the Forebears story in a magnificent Part 3. Pledging your support helps us fill your book with the following elements, creating a masterwork finished product.
- Encounter Maps: Your book will have a plethora of both encounter and environment maps that will give players a sense of scale, wonder, and mystery. Highly detailed and strategically labeled, these maps will integrate seamlessly into a virtual or physical game.
- Professional Formatting: The way your book reads and feels is paramount to a good adventure. With our layers of editing and revision, coupled with professional formatting, you'll find the book straightforward and detailed.
- Full Illustration: A fantasy book without artwork? That would be madness. We love filling books with high quality illustrations that spark the imagination and inspire players. To that end, 2CGaming veteran and professional artists are on board to make sure page after page of beautiful art inspires and impresses.
- 5E and Pathfinder Compatibility: Pathfinder and 5E exist in two very different worlds. To make sure that both receive a compelling experience that challenges and excites, significant time must be spent on testing, development, and balance. Its not fun or pretty, but is an essential component to make your book play as awesome as it reads.
- Fantasy Writing: As a part of an overarching story, this module needs to have quality writing that continues existing plot threads from the previous books, introduces wonderful NPCs, and details extraordinary environments. This takes great care and effort, but the results will speak for themselves!
- Object and Tokens: Those who game in the virtual realm, we will fill your screen with objects and tokens to run the adventure fully realized and with minimal setup. These high quality pieces can be easily taken beyond the adventure, serving as excellent additions to any digital library.
- Music Tracks: Quality music has been a hallmark of many a great adventuring experience. Your game will have thematic and powerful audio tracks, delivered by a professional studio.
Our Thanks! - $1+
Thank you for your support! Your interest, time and money help more than you know, and we greatly appreciate it.
Lion's Vault, Digital - $15+
Thank you and welcome. As a patron, your money brings you a fully-searchable, bookmarked PDF version of the adventure, perfect for tablet and online RPG systems. You can choose between the Pathfinder or 5th edition version to add to your collection!
Lion's Vault, Print & Digital - $22+
You have a discerning eye! At this level your rewards are a both a digital PDF and print copy of the adventure (Shipping included separately).
Lion's Vault, Digital & Game Assets - $30+
For those seeking a legendary digital experience, this package integrates your book seamlessly into your favorite digital platform (Roll20, FantasyGrounds, etc.). The following assets are a part of this package:
- Digital Tokens for all statted creatures and NPCs in the module.
- Digital objects for all items, objects, and terrain features for battle maps.
- Three tracks of atmospheric music to accompany your adventure.
- Digital high resolution encounter and world maps.
Lion's Vault, Everything - $37+
To maximize your experience with Lion's Vault, this packages includes everything from the Digital & Game Assets reward level, as well as a printed softcover of the Lion's Vault module for 5th Edition or Pathfinder.
Newcomer, Digital - $45+
New to the Fate of the Forebears module? No trouble; this reward level will catch you up. Includes digital PDF copies of the first three modules in the series: Domes of Ishaq-Zahur, City of Sands, and Lion's Vault.
Newcomer, Print & Digital - $66+
If you're just joining us and love the feel of books-in-hand, this reward level is for you. It includes digital copies of the three modules: Domes of Ishaq-Zahur, City of Sands, and Lion's Vault as well as a high-res printed softcover of each - totaling more than 290 pages of adventure!
Newcomer, Everything - $110+
Everything we have thus far for Fate of the Forebears - what better way to immerse yourself fully in the adventure? This includes PDF and printed softcover of each module alongside all maps, music, tokens, handouts, and objects for each module.
- 75+ Digital Creature Tokens
- 150+ Digital Objects
- 8 Ambient Music Tracks
- World Maps and Battlemaps for every encounter.
$17,500 - Fate of the Forebears - Part 4: Zahur's Legacy
The secrets of the Lion's Vault are out and, as the knowledge rocks the mortal realms, your players find themselves caught in a temporal maelstrom flinging them across the eons to the heyday of the Nartheneen! The impact your players will have millennia before the current age will have sweeping ramifications through the modern age. What better way to learn history than to meddle with it?
$20,000 - Fate of the Forebears - Player's Guide
At this stretch goal, we'll produce the foundation of the Player's Guide, giving you a set of six brand new backgrounds for player characters that are specific to the setting of the Fate of the Forebears, alongside suggestions and guidelines for both players and the DM. If unlocked, the Player's Guide will be available as a free download for everyone. Additional funding will unlock expansions for the Player's Guide, adding a new archetype for each class, more backgrounds, and new spells and magic items.
MORE TO COME ...
The positive response to the previous two modules and your support of this module means we're going to continue with the development of the Fate of the Forebears adventure path! We'll return to Kickstarter to raise the funds we need to build it, one module at a time, or faster if we hit stretch goals! The full Adventure Path is expected to be six modules long, and to start at 5th level with the Domes of Ishaq-Zahur and run all the way up to 17th level. All the modules in the series will be available for both 5th Edition and Pathfinder game systems.
Writing & Story
Christopher Grey and Ryan Servis comprise the writing and story team for Lion's Vault, their combined experience with both 5th Edition D&D and Pathfinder a welcome addition to the 2CGaming team.
Art & Design
Many of the artists that brought graphic wonders from the Domes of Ishaq-Zahur and City of Sands return for Lion's Vault including:
- Ambrose Hoilman (Cover Art, Illustrations)
- Jason Strutz (Illustrations)
- Kadra Alvaro (Object Art)
- Natalie Kelly (Token Art)
- Tommi Salama (Encounter Maps)
- John Stevenson (World Maps)
- John Cason (Formatting & Design)
We're excited to work with a new composer, Pontus Rufelt of Sweden, who brings his cinematic feel to the soundtrack of Lion's Vault! Check out his work here: http://pontusrufelt.com/
Masterwork Tabletop Gaming
With a proven history of solid Kickstarter delivery, 2CGaming is a young company dedicated to production of the highest-quality, non-magical supplements and stories for 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder RPG game systems. Our other recent (and impending) projects include:
Risks and challenges
We've successfully funded and delivered on several Kickstarter projects at this point, many of which have larger scope than this. This is the third module in the series - the first two have been funded and delivered via Kickstarter.
As before, we make sure that development of this project overlaps minimally with our other projects. The lead author (Christopher Grey) will be free to focus on the writing of this project for 2CGaming, while supported and directed by the project management (Steve, Ryan, and Jon).
We've worked with all of our artists and writers on previous projects, so there's no surprises there. And we have established methods to print, fulfill and ship this project.
If everything falls apart by some terrible act of god, the management team will step in directly and *crush* development in the 11th hour.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)