About this project
Introducing iFetch Too: Bigger Dogs. Bigger Balls.
You asked for it! So here it is! A bigger iFetch for bigger dogs that launches bigger balls!
- Creates fun for the whole family – the iFetch Too brings a fun, new twist to the familiar game of fetch. Many dogs are able to use the iFetch Too to play fetch by themselves, however every dog loves it when people play with them!
- Launches a standard, full-sized tennis ball 10, 25, and 40 feet, perfect for indoor and outdoor play.
- Works great with many other dog balls as long as they are about the same size as a standard tennis ball (2.4" to 2.8" in diameter).
- Plays tirelessly on built-in rechargeable battery. No need to buy batteries. Just plug it in to recharge it.
- Saves energy – the iFetch Too is energy efficient, powering up on demand when a ball is dropped in and powering down once the ball is launched.
In 2013, the Kickstarter community made iFetch – our family project – into one of the most popular Kickstarter pet projects ever. The result: thousands of dogs around the world can now play fetch to their heart’s content.
When we made the original iFetch, the idea was simple. We just wanted to satisfy our toy poodle, Prancer, who’s a bonafide fetching fanatic. Grant wanted to do his homework, but Prancer just wanted to keep playing.
However, once the Kickstarter community made the iFetch a reality in 2013, we quickly learned that Prancer wasn’t the only one who loved playing fetch. As videos of happy dogs playing with the iFetch began to spread online, people around the world began asking if we would make a version for bigger dogs.
So here we are again, back on Kickstarter where it all began!
As with the original iFetch, we have worked closely with our friends at d:e for the iconic, approachable design and with Pump Studios for the mechanical engineering and with TenX Precision for the electronic functionality. Early testing with dogs (and humans) have led to some inspiring results. Fetch-loving dogs love the sturdy design and people who have seen the iFetch Too in action have shared some very positive feedback.
We have been testing the iFetch Too with a wide variety of enthusiastic dogs (e.g. Border Collies, Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds, Italian Mastiffs, etc.) in and around our hometown of Austin, TX. We have patents filed in the US and internationally, and we have manufacturing quotes for molds, parts, and assembly.
With your help, finished iFetch Too units can be shipped out from the factory in September/October. We will, of course, keep our supporters updated regularly on the progress of iFetch Too.
Risks and challenges
We’ve learned an incredible amount since the original iFetch became an international sensation, but as with any new venture, the main risk remains the same. While we have forged great relationships with our manufacturing partners, there’s always the possibility for delays in production. All of the manufacturing partners we're working with have given us lead times and we've based our schedule on those quotes, aiming to have iFetch Too on your doorstep by September/October. Our goal is to deliver rewards to our backers long before the holidays this year. However, there is always a chance that production can be delayed due to setbacks in material supply and work flow.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)