Eat. Sleep. Rave. Die.
Eat. Sleep. Rave. Die.
E.S.R.D. is an adult comedy cartoon that combines the stereotypes of EDM culture with the archetypes of slasher movies.
E.S.R.D. is an adult comedy cartoon that combines the stereotypes of EDM culture with the archetypes of slasher movies. Read more
A rave-family and their newly adopted member, a serial killer, try to spread PLUR vibes in an increasingly violent world.
Similar to the structure of animated shows like Adventure Time, the pilot will consist of two separate short stories. The first story is called the Texas Moshpit Massacre. Cyril accidentally insights a mosh at a dubstep show, and the med tent EMT's opinion on crystal healing try to shaken Pixie's neopagan faith. The second story in the pilot is called 28 Dayge Later, in which the rave fam try to remedy the wook flu, while Wook searches for a lost friend and lands in a pedo sting.
The show is 18+ with drug use, sex, and violence. It's like if Pineapple Express had sex with Spring Breakers and they had a baby, meanwhile Rick and Morty had sex with Metalocalypse and they had a baby. And then if those two babies met and somehow f*****, this show would be their baby.
- The Dabby Road Wallpaper. I'm honestly not sure if there's anything stopping you from just clicking this picture, saving it, and setting it as your background. That being said, this artwork has already improved and by the time rewards get sent out, it'll be worth it. Right now it's just a rendered fame.
- Wook and Andi Kay hat pins. These sexy little 3/4" enamel lapel/hat pins are based off of the sprites I made for the original animatic, back before this show had a name and everything was made in Blender and Photoshop.
- The Danker Things T-shirt. Pulling inspiration from 80's horror is something we like here, so I made a mash up illustration for the shirts. Plus, it's black so you can tell people at festivals that you're a DJ and they'll probably believe you.
- The Pieces of My Soul. I don't want to clutter this with non-related art, so here is a link to my portfolio for some examples https://paytonkennard.wixsite.com/portfolio/portfolio
- Background Characters. Don't believe me? Check out the Dabby Road wallpaper. See that little fellow in the background between Cyril and Cake's heads? That's my talent scout G-Dubz! This is him looking beardier than usual:
Speaking of characters...
Andi Kay is the final girl in horror movies, and applied here she is the most pure plur human in the family. She says she doesn't like labels, but knows sub-genres of sub-genres of house. She's in it for the dubstep, but she's versatile.
Wook is as the name implies which, in this pack of potheads, means he's the closest to the stoner archetypes in horror movies. He's a human trash can but doesn't call it substance abuse if it's psychedelics. You can find him in the cuddle puddle listening to chillstep and bongo/sitar/didgeridoo jam bands.
Cake might have traded his pads for gloves, but that swole bro persona still makes him the horror movie jock. He says he's all about that cake, but we're still not sure if that means money or butt cheeks. He likes trap and house, and trap houses.
Pixie is the rave bunny in the group, and her promiscuity earns her the rank of horror movie slut. She's more keen to throw shade, and yet high-key messy, even in an open relationship. She'll hoop and spin all night to a trance set.
Cyril Keller was an unstoppable, immortal, and mute killing machine. Every generation would come camp in the woods by his dilapidated farmhouse, and quickly be slain. Then one year a music festival came to his campsite, and the fam wandered into the woods, but when they came across Cyril instead of running away they embraced and accepted him. A year later they're all moved in and go to shows together. He doesn't know which genre he likes yet, but he's been around since before techno.
Cast and Crew
Mikaella Shmidt as Andi Kay
Joe Devine as Cake
Payton Kennard as Wook/Cyril
Alisha Noorali as Pixie
Xavier "Fattz" Ferguson sound engineer
Risks and challenges
Everyday is an obstacle. All of this is out of pocket so far, and my only source of income is waiting tables. I did quite a bit with the 21 day free trial of the advanced software, but now I'm paying monthly for a lower one. That and I'm running all of this on a potato I bought for $400
I've already received estimates on the rewards and calculated them and all their shipping costs into the budget. I'm using Allaboutpins.com for the pins and Rushordertees.com for the shirts, they're well received and can meet any deadline. It's a healthy portion of this, but I want to hook you guys up. Kickstarter's slice is included as well.
- (60 days)