Miniature lights for all shapes
Grimlight are tiny magnet-controlled light circuits for miniature gaming, dungeon mastering, model trains, LARP:s and whatever else you can think of. Grimlight has the following features:
- Magnetic control – switch on and off without touching the miniature
- Easy to hide – 0.2 mm wiring laid either inside or on the miniature
- Switchable effects – fixed, pulsating or flickering chosen by magnet
- Convenient – easy to use and install
- Small circuit – 21*2.4 mm fits in regular 28 mm miniature bases
- Small led's – 0.6 mm LED fits in a drill hole (1.8mm wide incl. wirepads)
- Battery operated – using a CR1216 or CR1220 battery
- Long stand-by time – over a year
- Long active time – 15 to 50 hours depending on battery, FX, lights
- Flexible – 2 led's per circuit
- Any colour – paint or cover the light thinly in any colour
- SHIPPING INCLUDED, WORLDWIDE! How about that?
To keep it simple there are only a few different reward tiers. For different amounts of Grimlights, just pledge in multiples of the chosen non-"early bird" tier.
The regular one that we believe will be what most want is the 250 SEK tier simply called "five grimlights". For ease of handling and due to shipping cost it is only possible to get Grimlight in multiples of five. If you would like to get 15 for example, just pledge 750 SEK. The reward level "5 Grimlights with larger battery holder" are Grimlights that are modified to operate from three AAA batteries instead of from one CR1216. If you want to add lighting to something big and think it would be good with extended time (about 50 times the capacity) before needing to change batteries this is for you.
If you have some special needs and ideas for the lighting you need there is also a tier where we can program custom effects for you (within the constraints of what is possible with the micro-controller we are using).
27/11: We've now added a new reward tier for 20 Grimlight's. If you want let's say 25 Grimlights you simply pledge for 5 and for 20 added together (250+950 at our normal pledge levels).
Promotional stretch goals!
What it looks like
How we intend to use the funds you entrust us:
Risks and challenges
Yes, we admit we're new to this. That is why we've spent a year preparing and testing. We've gone through countless prototypes and designs to find the most convenient solution. We have already ordered and tested a final prototype batch from our manufacturers in China. We've established our costs and have a solid grasp on what our pledge goals needs to be. Unless any major upsets in the market or currency balance we believe we have prepared for any eventualities.
That being said, we cannot anticipate every possible risk but we can assure you that we will work day and night to make this Kickstarter happen and make you a satisfied supporter.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (38 days)