My name is Dan King a.k.a The Game Boy Geek and over the last 4 years I have produced over 1000 board game videos that have had over 4.5 million views. My mission from day one has always been Helping You Find the Next Board Game You'll Love.
In the past year I produced 508 videos where I reviewed, taught, compared, and played through games.
YOU (the viewers) benefit from my videos by:
- Helping you find the next board game you'll love by attacking reviews with hi-energy.
- Investigate 5x more new games than normal by quickly using my 2 minute "Allegro" format.
- Helping you stay away from certain games that you may have otherwise spent money on. Making you aware & providing details of the latest games in the industry.
- Enjoy your games faster by teaching you how to setup & play the game without having to learn from the rule book (Rules School).
- Find games that are best for your non-gamer friends & family from our "Gamer Tested - Spouse Approved" series.
- Get a real feel for how a game plays by multi-camera play-throughs.
- Learn about which games I think are the best from top 10 lists.
- Get the latest information from the largest conventions in North America.
- Listen to my reviews via an audio podcast while you're on the go.
What We Need & What You Get
Donations to the Game Boy Geek will allow me to get closer to helping you find the next board game you'll love full time. The $20,000 goal will allow me continue spending approximately 25 hours a week on the channel in addition to my normal 40 hour full time job as an engineer. Over the last 4 years the 1000+ videos I have produced equates to almost 5 videos per week.
Beyond the $20,000 goal will help me more closely approach my channel full-time. It will also allow me to do the following: Procure more equipment needed to create better videos. Travel to more conventions which helps me stay at the front end of the industry and review the latest games. Allow me to get closer to working full time spending more time on video production which will equate to more quantity & better quality. Spend time planning on new and innovative ways to keep you informed on the latest in the board game industry.
Join Dan's Private Facebook Group where he will share upcoming ideas, polls, occasional behind the scene videos, and ask for direct feedback.This group is run under Facebook's "Closed" privacy settings and only Dan will be able to approve anyone being added (which is no one outside of the backers).
Thinking about designing a game? Maybe you've designed many, but you're running into some design challenges. Why not talk to the industries most well known and experienced game designers for a 1 hour consultation? There is only 1 slot for each designer.Timing to be mutual agreeable and to be done via skype, or similar.
Thinking about publishing a game? Maybe you've published one before, but you're running into some publishing challenges (manufacturing, or business perspective). Why not talk to the industries most well known and experienced publishers for a 1 hour consultation? There is only 1 slot for each publisher.Timing to be mutual agreeable and to be done via skype, or similar. Available publishers are Iello, Renegade Game Studios, Stronghold Games, Bezier Games, Grey Fox Games,
These limited game bundles also include all 5 promo packs in this campaign (Family-Mini, Family Pack A, Family Pack B, Strategy Pack A, Strategy Pack B)! That is a total of 37 promos with a value of $165.
Bundles only ship to U.S.A & Canada, and are FREE shipping for the games, and all the promos!
Risks and challenges
I do work full time as an engineer and I do travel for this position from time to time. Excessive travel or high peak times at work could cause a drop in content, although over the last 4 years I have produced on average 5 reviews per week while working 40 hours as an engineer.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter