Introducing the Z.O.D. gaming tiles, by Ill Gotten Games!
We designed these 3d-printable files to be optimized for home printing and cover a wide (and expanding) variety of themes and genres. Whether you use them for RPG dungeon-delves, wargaming scenics, or anything else, these tiles print and assemble fast and easy and come off your build plate ready to paint!
- Z.O.D. tiles are optimized to print along the Z axis, meaning you can get high definition on details, use less material (0% infill), and fit more tiles per print.
- Because of the vertical printing, each floor tile is reversible, printing with two floor textures each.
- Z.O.D. tiles print easily in one piece and never require support material.
- Tiles easily slide or snap together for a firm hold, ensuring that each piece you print is textured to be part of the map.
- Each tile segment prints in an average of 45 minutes, and you can print one at a time to avoid curling if that's an issue for your machine.
- All genre themes will interlock, allowing you to mix and match from any set.
- Z.O.D. tiles are designed for use with 28mm/Heroic scale miniatures, though we will offer options for 15mm and 6mm scale gaming as well.
- Wall tiles use their own channels and do not infringe on the floor grids, each of which perfectly accommodates a 25mm/1" base.
- Try printing your Z.O.D. tiles in black filament (ABS or PLA) and skip the priming phase, painting directly onto the surface!
We've released the basic set (Dungeon and Starship themes) on Thingiverse, so you can go and give those a download and start printing now! By pledging, you get expanded options for the core set, plus the Modern City and TechnoHell themes!
After we've met the initial goal, we'll begin unlocking stretch goals. If you pledge $20 or more you'll get anything we release as a stretch goal, so be sure and keep an eye out for updates as we preview new goal levels!
For those of you that don't know Ill Gotten Games, we curate a vast library of open source designs that you can find on Thingiverse, Pinshape, and other 3d printing file sharing platforms. If you're looking to populate your dungeons, we have an ongoing collection of "Delving Decor" suitable for that very purpose, along with 3d-printable buildings, characters, and more. You can also find us on Patreon, and though these sets will be available for sale after the Kickstarter, our patrons will continue to get Z.O.D. expansions as exclusive rewards as we release them.
If you get around to printing the basic set, you might find these perimeters helpful;
- Try printing one tile at a time first.
- Print at 0% infill for the best results.
- You don't need support, but a raft may be helpful (depending on your printer and material).
- We print ours at a .2 layer height, though you could try for higher resolution if you prefer.
- We've had equally good results in both ABS and PLA.
Risks and challenges
We've stress-tested these designs and are ready to deliver and expand the range as soon as we receive funding! You can expect a prompt digital release at the end of the campaign.
We'll be releasing the core themes (and Wayfarer PDFs) once pledges are received and surveys are completed, with stretch goals and custom tile sets to be released incrementally throughout October as they're completed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)