Media roundup, demo update, and guest art request!
The past week's been rather surprising for us in terms of media coverage. We never could have expected that a major Japanese news outlet such as Yahoo! Japan would write about our game! Now that we know the interest is there, we have something brewing for Japanese audiences that we're pretty excited about, although it might take a little more time before we can reveal it.
So, without further ado, here's this week's roundup:
- Siliconera - Their article gave us a nice little boost, so major props to them!
- Indie Haven
- Just Adventure
- Adventure Gamers
- JPGames - It's one of the German sites that wrote about us. Let's use this opportunity to announce that we're making arrangements for a German translation of the game, though we're not sure this will happen yet. A German-language version of the demo may come out during the campaign, though!
- Niche Gamer
- Cliqist - Be sure to check out their cool preview of our demo!
- Projet Saya
- Jeux Video - We missed them in our previous roundup, but this cool French article brought us a few backers as well.
- Visual Novel Brasil
- Jeux D Adventure
- Riot Pixels
- Adventure Advocate
- The Good Men Project
We also have more Youtubers who've played the game on their channels this week. We want to give special thanks to those who've accommodated our request to try our demo.
Phew! That was long! If we missed your coverage, please feel free to drop us a message.
We also want to thank everyone who've started threads about us on forums. We really can't cover all bases on our own, so thanks for the assist! We've done great strides, but the campaign could do so much better if the major sites such as Kotaku and Destructoid would pick it up. If you can drop them an e-mail or two about Exogenesis, maybe that'll convince them that we're worth writing about. ;)
The newest version of the demo brings us to v0.19.4 with these subtle changes:
- Improved mouth movements (let's see if you can find which characters have changed!)
- Fixed a frame rate issue caused by a specific set of actions
- More text edits
Guest art request
As you can tell, we love receiving guest art! If you want to be featured on our weekly update and help us promote the game, just send us your Exogenesis-inspired artwork and maybe post them on your DA, Pixiv, or any other social media accounts. Every little thing counts, and we'd love to see what you can come up with!
Speaking of promoting KS campaigns, we'd also like to give a shout-out to Mark of the Old Ones. They're on their final days of the campaign, so if you enjoy Metroidvania games, please do check them out!