"Tiger Naturals" - The Soap to Save Wildlife (Canceled)
"Tiger Naturals" - The Soap to Save Wildlife (Canceled)
We are an all natural soap company creating a beautiful tiger themed soap that will do good for your body and save Tiger populations.
We are an all natural soap company creating a beautiful tiger themed soap that will do good for your body and save Tiger populations. Read more
WHO ARE WE?
Tiger Natural Soaps started out as a project for an entrepreneurship class but I want it to grow into something bigger and better to help more because of the passion for an animal so many of us have connection with. I have made soap in the past but had the idea to create all natural soaps with a very cool orange and brown (school colors) tiger stripe pattern, then sell them to students on our campus. One day while watching T.V I stumbled upon a documentary about some of the worlds most endangered species and was saddened by the fact that the tiger was near extinction. My school's mascot is the Tiger and if this animal becomes extinct, then our school (along with the the other Tiger schools around the country) may very well have no identity. Not only that but the future generations of the world may never get a chance to see a tiger up close to witness it's majesty. That's when I came up with the idea to donate a portion of every soap sale to help preserve the Tiger populations around the world. An animal that is so ingrained in our culture, having songs about (Eye of the Tiger), Universities dedicating their image to it or being able to get tiger striped anything, deserves all the help it can get.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
We are working with a group on our campus called "Tigers for Tigers" which is a national coalition who's sole mission is to save the tiger! They have made tremendous efforts in the past by raising awareness to the current state of this animal, donating funds our local zoo, sending supplies and equipment to organizations to parts of Asia where conservation efforts are greatly needed. Tigers along with many other predators are an integral part of their ecosystems, keeping populations in check all the way down the food chain which stabilizes the ecosystem. Click the above T4T logo to learn more about their efforts!
WHAT ARE WE MAKING?
We are making the uniquely designed tiger bar soap shown above, with the tiger paw print in each bar. If you support this project not only are you helping preserve one of the worlds most iconic animals but you are providing your body with a healthy alternative to all the commercial soaps riddled with artificial chemicals, fragrances and dyes. These additives make the soaps cheap smell good and last longer but also dry your skin causing damage in the long run. Also they are not very effective in cleaning by themselves, and if you cant pronounce the ingredient on the label why are you putting it on your body?!
WHATS IN IT?
All our ingredients have amazing benefits like moisturizing and clearing pores to help rather than damage. We use coffee grounds which acts as an exfoliate to remove any disagreeable scents and greases from your hands then the Shea butter plus olive oil leaves your body silky smooth. These bars are gentle yet tough enough to use after working on the car or in the garden. This is one very versatile bar of soap!! Click the image above to learn more about the wonderful benefit of using Shea butter!!
However to help more people and tigers we need to make more soap and to make more soap we need more material, better molds, better equipment and a good packaging. Unfortunately we are broke college students who spent a majority of their money on prototypes plus initial materials, and that is where you come into play!!
WHAT WE NEED...
- Bigger Molds: We need 3x 10 lb log molds to make bigger soap logs and these come out to $300 after taxes and shipping cost. A kitchen mixer to quickly get the soap to trace quickly, it takes significantly longer using a hand drill with and attachment made to mix paint. the mixers are relatively cheap and we have sourced a good solid model priced at $200.
- Materials: Another important thing we need the materials to make to soaps like the essentials oils, base oils and lye. We want to buy these items in bulk to keep the costs down in order offer our natural soaps at a great price however buying bulk is expensive. The materials cost around $700 to make all the soap to produce all the rewards.
- Packaging: We want to deliver a biodegradable/ eco-friendly material our soaps will come packaged in. Our logo (TBD) will be on the front of the soap with out company name plus ingredients and important information you need to know about our company mission. Working with a company to do this will cost $300
- Better Soap Cutter: Cutting soap is a long and time consuming process when you have a single bar cutter. We are looking to invest in an effective soap cutter with a good reputation called The Tank which retails at $330 after taxes and shipping.
- pH Tester: Most importantly we need a pH tester for this product to ensure that every bar being shipped for use is safe and healthy. In manufacturing there is always error and we want to catch that error before it gets to your door. We need to invest in two Oakton EcoTesters which retail for $50 each before shipping.
$4000 Stretch Goal?!?!
This project is very near and dear to us and there is no shortage of effort here to see that all the rewards are delivered. As a result, if we make it to our 1st stretch goal of $4,000 we will have our company be fully incorporated in NY state which is a $735 fee and try to get out product certified Organic. We will also use the additional funds to market our product more and raise awareness for tigers
$6000 STRETCH GOAL?!?!?!?!?!?
If we make it to our second stretch goal of $6000 then I will dedicate a portion of my body to the tiger and get one tattooed on myself!! No lie, I am absolutely serious about this....This is how passionate I am to this cause, enough to actually make this animal a part of my body....Forever! We will also allow you, backers and supporters, who like our Facebook page to participate in a poll to pick the next animal to support and soap to make!! This new product will be available to purchase to support our company and the animal you choose.
Eventually we want to expand the conservation efforts to other animals like the Giant Panda, Silver-back Gorilla, African Elephant and more endangered species with each having their own unique soap to help their own unique cause. The only way this can be done is if you all support our Tiger Natural Soaps Kickstarter!!
***Disclaimer: Non of the proceeds obtained from this kickstarter campaign will be donated to charity. This campaign is meant to grow this company in order to make us more legitimate. Only items purchased outside of kickstarter will be subject to charitable percentages.***
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge would be getting the soaps shipped on time as our team is comprised of college students who have to endure through treacherous test, quizzed and dreaded lab reports while working part time jobs to get ends to meet. However we are all eager and willing to do whatever it takes to balance school and this ambitious project.
While creating the great tiger striped soaps for our backers we will also be selling them on campus and other places around Rochester to raise funds and awareness for the Bengal Tiger, so we will be quite the busy bunch if/ when this project becomes %100 backed or ever better over funded!!! The more you guys fund, the more soap we can make!!!
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our project.
You can check us out here on Facebook.
- (37 days)