Errors of the Human Body is a psychological thriller set in the world of genetic research by Eron Sheean, the writer of The Divide Read more
This project was successfully funded on March 8, 2011.
About this project
The feature film Errors of the Human Body is a psychological thriller/drama set in Dresden, Germany, going into production in February 2011, written and directed by Australian Eron Sheean and produced by Instinctive Film. **** Eron Sheean is the screenwriter of the upcoming post apocalyptic thriller The Divide - directed by Xavier Gens (director of Frontiere(s) and Hitman). The Divide will receive its world premiere at a great film festival (we can't yet mention until the official announcement) this March in the US. Check out a very early teaser we cut during production of The Divide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
With 'The Divide' behind him, Eron is 8 weeks into preproduction on his feature directorial debut, 'Errors of the Human Body', which now shoots in just 10 days. The Film has been developed over the past 5 years in collaboration with the famous Max Planck Institute for Cell Biology and Genetics in Dresden, Germany. The result is a gripping, psychological thriller which begins shooting mid February in Germany (in English!).
The film stars Germany's Karoline Herfurth (Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, The Reader and We are the Night), Iceland's Tomas Lemarquis (Noi the Albino) and Canada's Michael Eklund (who gave a staggering performance in The Divide, and whom Eron consequently attached to play the lead role of Geoffrey Burton in 'Errors').
As a production company, Instinctive Films has made numerous films in the past and we are now pulling in every favor we may have garnered over the last few years in order to make this a successful journey. We have a fantastic, experienced film crew. The film will be shot on the Arri Alexa, one of the best HD cameras on the market, by Australian cinematographer Anna Howard ACS (www.annahoward.com.au). We have unlimited access to the incredible Max Planck Institute in Dresden as our main shooting location. We have a great package, which we believe will lead to a commercial product. We have the entire team deferring pretty much all of their fees, committing their heart and soul to make this film.
People love the project and strongly believe in Eron’s vision for the film, and films to come. The script is brilliant, unique and navigates unchartered territory in the world of genetic research and science and unlike most low budget independent films, this one actually stands a huge chance of success and worldwide distribution. This is due to the producers’ track record and support of the production company Instinctive Film (www.instinctivefilm.com) in association with Berlin based High5films (www.high5films.com) and of course the overall creative package. We have already managed to secure distribution deals on the strength of the script and cast in Germany with Pandastorm (www.pandastorm.com) and in Australia with Curious Films (www.curiousfilm.com) who recently released ‘Winter's Bone’ successfully.
The industry is tough and gets tougher every year for independent film - distributors pay less and less and still expect the same high quality product. The way for us to control the destiny of this film is to streamline the process. We’re cutting down everything that won’t be on screen which allows us to achieve high production values without compromising the film in any way. This means calling in favors, deferring services and wages and begging where we can. In the end, we still produce the same high quality film we would produce by spending $2 million, but for a fraction of that cost.
We have secured private financing from a few investors, we have brought in existing relationships with the two aforementioned distributors and achieved presales that contribute towards the budget. We have managed to get everyone involved to agree to majority deferrals in fees, services and general costs and as a result we are making the film for just 20% of its actual budget.
We are now offering a unique interactive experience and unique perks to supporters everywhere whose contributions will enable us to make this film with more freedom, less complications and allow us to give the film the essential marketing boost required to give it the best chance at success. The contributions will go directly into any additional post production requirements, such as VFX and a strong viral marketing campaign, as well as provide a budget for festival submissions and attendance.
We welcome your support to bring this to life, and as a result want to offer you the opportunity for an interactive involvement in the exciting filmmaking process, during preproduction, production, postproduction, the cast and crew screenings and eventual world premiere.
For further information please download the presentation pack (pdf), watch the presentation video and mood teaser and also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube!
Thank you and hope to see you at the Premiere!
Eron Sheean and the team!
To access the Exclusive Members Site, please email email@example.com requesting the link and password!
Join the fun, lets make this unique vision come to life, together.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $5 or more
1. Option 1. Exclusive Member access to the movie website where you can access the regular video diaries, blog with the director and see behind the scenes footage captured during preproduction and production.
Pledge $25 or more
2. Option 1 above + a poster of the movie autographed by writer/director Eron Sheean.
Pledge $50 or more
3. Option 2 above + an Exclusive copy of the DVD autographed by the cast and director posted to your address.
Pledge $100 or more
4. Option 3 above + an autographed copy of the limited edition Bluray by the cast and director posted to your address.
Pledge $200 or more
5. Option 4 above + get a 'sponsored by' credit on the website and receive Skype access to the set during production, to say a virtual Hello to the cast and crew during production.
Pledge $500 or more
1 backer Limited (19 left of 20)
6. Option 5 above + get your 'Sponsored by' credit in the DVD end titles and a limited edition Errors of the Human Body branded hoodie from our merchandising.
Pledge $1,000 or more
2 backers Limited (18 left of 20)
7. Option 6 above + get an invitation to the cast and crew screenings being held in Berlin, London, New York and Los Angeles with free drinks at the after party.
Pledge $2,000 or more
3 backers Limited (7 left of 10)
8. Option 7 above + get an 'Associate Producer' Credit in the end titles of the movie, on all formats the film will be presented on and an invitation to set during production (cost of travel is your responsibility) but we'll put you up for a 2 nights in the cast hotel.
Pledge $5,000 or more
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
9. Option 8 above + get 1 night paid by the production at the members only Soho House Berlin www.sohohouseberlin.com, dinner with the director and producers and a 'Co Executive Producer' credit in the end credits of the movie.
1 backer Limited (4 left of 5)
10. Option 9 above + get an 'Executive Producer' credit in the Main Titles of the Film along side the Director and Producers credits and 2 tickets to the World Premiere AND a unique one of a kind sculpture inspired by the film, made by our nutty director, with a personalized message embedded into the sculpture. (Yes, Eron sculpts in his free time!)
- (45 days)