This project's funding goal was not reached on May 16, 2011.
About this project
***We will be updating this page shortly to demonstrate real world applications for the case, case reviews, and more, please keep in touch.***
Hello again Kickstarter community and iPhone 4 owners, we are very pleased to announce that after hundreds of hours of hard work we have finally completed our iPhone 4 "multi-case". This case utilizes our unique teeth and jaw feature, which allows it amazing versatility to accompany it's great appearance. We chose the name "Tiburon" to complement the case's unique look, its a powerful name that means shark in Spanish.
Here are several reasons you should consider the Tiburon case for your iPhone 4:
1. Great looks, Tiburon has a beautiful premium metal finish, no screws, and clean minimalistic look.
2. Strength, it's made from very high grade aluminum with twice the strength of standard aluminum. We also use a composite called Delrin for our hybrid case because of it's high strength and its capability to complement aluminum.
3. Minimalistic, you don't need to carry around a variety of accessories to achieve the same affect this simple case can give you. You can't always predict when you'll need the features our case provides, with Tiburon you don't have to worry about those bulky accessories.
4. Viewing angles, you can change the angle you view phone content to meet your comfort needs. Whether it's at your desk, on your flight, or on your night stand, Tiburon is always at the right angle.
5. Stability, we use the entire case as a base for the stand, holding your phone in place so you can interact with it, without worrying about it toppling over.
6. Orientations, unlike some kickstand cases our design allows you both portrait and landscape angles for a variety of situations.
7. Different, Our case is unlike anything else in the world, It's has several abilities and features never before seen in a phone case.
8. Universal media stand, our case works on almost anything of similar shape and size of your phone, including digital cameras and other smart phones. This case will work as a stand for viewing phone content or using facetime for example.
9. Cinematography, The adjustable stand works like a camera tripod, allowing you to get the perfect angle for your photos and videos and is designed to not obstruct your phones camera. You don't need to have someone holding your phone and you don't need to carry around bulky tripods and adapters.
10.Car Navigation, When deployed the cases triangular structure allows it to wedge between most car's dashboards and windscreens, enabling you to easily read your phone's navigation software. It's portable and easy to install if you have multiple cars or for your rental.
11. Rugged, Unlike kickstand cases you don't have to worry about wearing out or breaking your kickstand mechanism. Our case has no moving parts that can wear out.
12. Compatibility: Our case has enlarged ports for 3rd party headphones and chargers. It's also convenient to open so you can put it into your docks that are not compatible with phone cases and for chargers/audio plugs that don't work when the case is on. This case will work with either the AT&T or Verizon model and you can even swap out sim cards without having to dismantle your case.
13. Assembly: Unlike most aluminum phone cases, Tiburon needs no screw drivers, and no fasteners, its fully assembled and ready to go.
14: Maintenance: It's no secret that phone cases pickup particles from the environment they are in, our case makes it easy for you to keep phone and case clean from particles that can scratch and detract from your phone's appearance.
15: Longevity: Unlike most phone cases that you throw away, or sell off when you upgrade your phone, our case is still handy as a secondary stand for your new devices. It'll still benefit you long after your phone has past it's prime.
16. Support: Backers like you and site's like Kickstarter give entrepreneurs with innovative ideas like me a chance to make it in a very competitive environment. Most larger companies stick with what already works for them so there are few opportunities for great ideas like this one, unless we get support from people like you. The world needs people with great ideas to keep products innovative and competitive so we all get the better products at better prices.
17. USA: This case is designed, engineered, built and assembled in the USA. This means that we can watch over the production better, ship it to you faster, and help revitalize our local economy. We hand assemble and test them before we ship them to you to insure that they all work, and that they all fit together correctly.
Jawcase Tiburon Contributors:
Three gadget blog authors helped us during our design phase to improve the look, function, and compatibility of our phone case. We wish to thank them for their time and credit them for their help and advice.
Joe Weisflog of http://www.weisjttechhouse.com/
Austin Morrow of http://ontheedgeapps.com/
Nir Schneider of http://www.gadgetmac.com/
Your Choices of Finishes:
Q: How does Kickstarter work? What happens if the project doesn't get funded?
A: Questions about how the Kickstarter funding website works can best be answered directly from their own FAQ https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq.
Q: What is "Jawcase"?
A: Jawcase is an innovative phone case that converts into a universal phone stand, cinematography tripod, and temporary car mount without the need for any additional accessories.
Q: How does it work?
A: Our case uses it's top and bottom pieces to securely hold your iPhone in various conditions, view points, and orientations. Our case creates an extremely stable platform by utilizing the entire case as a base.
Q: What is the case made from?
A: The case is CNC milled out of 6061 T6 hardened aluminum alloy for all cases; for the "Hybrid" cases we use a ballistic composite known as Delrin for the back plate in conjunction with an aluminum top.
Q: How thick is the case?
A: The case is just 2mm thick at most points, with a bevel front and back to prevent unnecessary damage such as scratches to the touch screen.
Q: How do you keep the case closed?
A: We have two means to close the case, the first are magnets located at the bottom of the case that apply about 2lbs (1 Kilo) of force to close the case. The second part are pre-tensioned springs that apply torque to the front and back of the case at all times to keep it closed.
Q: I am concerned with signal loss associated with some aluminum cases, what have you done to address the issue?
A: Most of these concerns are due to case contact with the iPhone's band antenna. Aluminum is conductive and can bridge the gap between the antenna. Our case does not touch the band antenna. To further address concerns we also offer an option for a "hybrid" composite back on our case which covers more then 50% of the band antenna. If you live in an area with poor signal strength we recommend our hybrid case.
Q: Is the case compatible with third party chargers, cables, docks and audio jacks?
A: Yes, we've made the ports around the case large enough for most third party accessories. For the few accessories that do not fit, our case is easy to open so compatibility is not an issue.
Q: Is this case compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4?
A: Our case is compatible with both GSM (AT&T) & CDMA (Verizon) iPhone 4 models.
Q: What kind of warranty does this case have?
A: We offer a 15 day satisfaction warranty.
Q: Why is the funding goal of your project only $4000?
A: Though we hope to raise more then the funding goal, we are more then able to produce these cases with those funds. We are utilizing a manufacturing process with much lower initial costs then traditional injection molding. This allows us to produce not only a higher quality cases but requires fewer quantities then mass market plastic cases.
Our Website: http://www.jawcase.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (48 days)