“But we are strong, each in our purpose, and we are all more strong together.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
NIGHT IS FALLING is an eerie ten-issue comic book series centering around a group of neighborhood kids who join forces to thwart a sinister plot involving an ancient vampire who has crept into their town during the hot New England summer of 1977.
In NIGHT IS FALLING, brother and sister Valerie and Joshua Haskell are moving from New York City to Jonah's Harbor, Maine, ostensibly because their dad has a new job in the town. But it's a chance for a new start in many ways, as Valerie has been dogged by cruel rumors at their former school, and Joshua has been kicked out for fighting. They soon discover that the Jonah's Harbor kids who take them into their circle have been keeping a dangerous secret, and cultivating a plan to save the town from an unspeakable evil.
Jonah's Harbor, Maine is a tiny coastal mill town, which in the summer of '77, finds itself once again in transition. The mills are closing, and previous industries (shipbuilding, shoe manufacturing, poultry) are gone for good. Will the town's salvation come in the form of new businesses taking advantage of the cheap land and an eager labor pool, or will a darker force capture Jonah's Harbor in its evil grip?
WHO WILL LOVE NIGHT IS FALLING?
- People who grew up on movies like Fright Night, Lost Boys, The Goonies, Stand By Me, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Gate, Monster Squad, Gremlins, E.T., Cloak and Dagger, War Games… any of those timeless classics from the 80s where it’s up to the kids to save the world. (And a story that isn't afraid to put our heroic kids in serious danger.)
- Readers of bleeding edge comics like Sabrina, Afterlife with Archie, Monstress, Lumberjanes & Motor Crush
- Fans of Stephen King stories/films like Salem’s Lot, It and Stand By Me (The Body) and other spooky tales set in New England
- People who love the commitment to detail and setting in the hit series Stranger Things
- Fans of Dracula and other classic vampire stories
- Fans of Neil Gaiman’s young adult horror stories Coraline and The Graveyard Book - We've got some vampire violence and light swearing but depending on your child, we'd rate our book a PG-13.
- If you'd enjoy a comic with the pacing of an old school horror film, atmospheric visuals, and starring a cast of characters you care about, THIS IS YOUR BOOK!
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU GET WITH NIGHT IS FALLING #1?
- Night Is Falling #1 is a full color comic book that will be 30+ pages in standard American comic size, on high-quality gloss paper. It's the first of 10 planned issues that cover our 1977 story arc.
- Backers get a digital and/or physical copy of the book.
- Includes 30 pages of story (no ads) plus great bonus content at the end of the book.
- At higher pledge levels, great bundles of extra collectible merchandise, including an enamel pin, a metallic mini-print, and a Kickstarter exclusive Salem's Lot parody t-shirt that's sure to be a conversation starter!
- At the highest levels, limited opportunities to get original art on sketch covers, an extremely rare Kickstarter exclusive variant cover, an original vampire story starring you, and the chance for a pet, yourself or a loved one to be immortalized forever and drawn into the first issue of Night Is Falling.
THE CREATIVE TEAM
Also, when time permits, we slay vampires.
If you share our love for vampire stories, especially ones inspired by modern film classics where average kids become heroes that embark on fantastic and dangerous missions, we think you'll really dig what we are up to. Those are the kind of stories that shaped us during our formative years. Our whole team feels in this modern climate, tales of heroic kids are particularly resonant and we want to bring more of these stories into the world.
Below you will find examples of what you can receive depending on which tier you choose. Free US Shipping!
THE PLEDGE LEVELS
ALL OR NOTHING
With Kickstarter, it's all or nothing funding. Meaning this project will only get funded and made if it reaches its goal. And you won't be charged for your pledge until after our campaign ends, so please don't hesitate to make a pledge now if you can't afford it until later.
With your help, this will the the beginning of something big!
If you've made it this far, thank you so very much for your interest in Night Is Falling. Our long-term goals for this project are to expand far beyond this 10 chapter story. If this project is a success and finds its audience, we hope to branch off into live-action continuations of the story which may include audio drama, web series and perhaps even a feature film. The world of Night Is Falling starts small but we have big ideas to expand the universe and mythology of our story.
With your help, we have many monstrous roads to travel together!
WANT TO GET A BITE-SIZED TASTE OF NIGHT IS FALLING BEFORE YOU BACK? SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE 10-PAGE PROLOGUE!
If you like what you've seen so far, and want to help us bring the world of Night Is Falling to life, please select one of our pledge rewards and click the green BACK THIS PROJECT Button to climb in the coffin with us. And don't forget to share this with your friends. There may be someone you know who would love this story.
Any help you can give us to get in front of them would be so awesome. Thank you!
Risks and challenges
Although our creative team is new to the world of comics, we have run several successful crowdfunding campaigns in the past for various creative projects and have delivered on each one of them. We've written, directed, shot and edited a 22 episode web series with a cast of over 40 actors and delivered an award-winning world-renowned series. We are no strangers to the hard work and long hours it takes to deliver a high-quality product, and we've surrounded ourselves with some very accomplished mentors in the comic publishing community. That being said, we are a team of humans, and there could very well be life hurdles we cannot predict along our path. We promise to be as transparent as possible and to give ample updates along our creative journey, You will be made aware of any issues we encounter. No one wants to see this book get made more than we do, and we will give it all we have to make this as awesome as it can be.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)