New to Kickstarter? Learn everything you need to know here.
Locus Timepieces essentially designed a new class of minimalist watches. We innovated a change in time that we want the world to see. We noticed that most minimalist watches look exactly the same which inspired us to make a minimalist watch like no other. Why would you want to fit in when you have the opportunity to stand out? We present to you "The Legacy". Everyone creates their own legacy no matter how big or small. When creating a legacy you must live in the present learn from the past and prepare for the future.
Our team consists of recent college graduates specializing in Engineering, Finance and Fashion. While extensively researching the minimalist watch market we came to a conclusion that not many designs are offered. We didn't let the current trend be our guide, instead we let our creativity and determination differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be that difference you're looking for. After working on the sole design for almost a year, we finally have a watch we are excited to show the world. We're very eager to launch our watch brand and bring the world new designs that will make you stand out.
HOW WE DO IT
- Supply Chain - Thanks to our direct to consumer approach and our great relationship with our manufacturer, we're able to provide high quality watches at an affordable price. We skip all the retail markups so that means more savings for our supporters.
- Design - Our team of designers, engineers and quality control specialists work around the clock to make all of this possible. This consisted of traveling to multiple places and getting feedback from other designers. Connecting with engineers to perfect our design, and ensuring that all the materials being used are exceeding our expectations.
- High Quality - All of our watches are carefully manufactured until perfected. A strong 316L stainless steel watch bezel provides tremendous durability to all our watches. Followed by our very reliable Japanese Miyota GL10 movement (used in high end Citizen watches) along with our high quality straps, we are very confident with the quality of our timepieces.
- Manufacturer - Our manufacturer controls production in strict accordance with ISO9001 Quality Management System in order to ensure that every product is in line with international testing standards. Quality is our main goal and we don't cut any corners to achieve it.
We want to prove that an affordable watch can be a high quality product without breaking the bank. Our watches guarantee luxury affordability and high quality. This is what the consumer demands and this is why we are providing it to you.
In our design we captured a significant idea. Time is controlled by no one and also has no boundaries besides the ones we place our self. This is why we created something different. We broke out of the boundaries normally seen in minimalist watches. Art can be interpreted in many ways each interpretation based on your lifestyle. This timepiece is our work of art.
No matter where you are in the world, always remember time can only be told by you! You are the one that decides what you do with your time. You are the one that determines whether your time was used wisely.
We want to design a whole collection of watches for our supporters. Our goal is to make a strong impact in the minimalist watch market.. Together we can change the watch industry through our innovated designs. In order for us to bring this watch to your hands we need to raise the capital needed to fund our first purchase order. We strongly believe that this is attainable with your help. Please help us by sharing our project on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram etc.. Anything helps! Thank you.
"There are an awful lot of so-called minimalist watches on the market but, truth be told, they are all remarkably similar from a visual perspective and many men will want to stand out from the crowd a little and that’s definitely what a Locus Watch will let you do." - Leo Davie -owner of The Coolector.
While in the process of creating numerous prototypes we were already creating a buzz. We explored many options when it comes to materials, size and colors. Experimenting and perfecting our timepiece's to what we present to you today. People would always compliment and ask "What kind of watch is that?". It's unlike other watches so its meant to catch your eye.
As you may have noticed, our logo is not on the face of the watch. We believe it isn't essential to the design. In fact, the sole design will become recognized because of it. The logo is engraved on the left side of the watch case as well as the back of the watch.
With time comes change and with change came Locus.
- Case Thickness: 7.8 mm
- Case Material: 316 L Stainless Steel
- Back Plating: 316 L Stainless Steel
- Clasp Material: 316 L Stainless Steel
- Band Material: Genuine Leather Strap, Stainless Steel Mesh Strap, Silicon Sport Strap.
- Band max length = 23 cm
- Band min length = 17 cm
- Band width = 22 cm
- Dial Window Material: Hardened Mineral Crystal. (Sapphire crystal as stretch goal)
- Movement: Japanese Miyota (Citizen) GL10
- Battery: Original 24 Months
- Date Function: Yes
- Water Resistant: 3 ATM / 30 Meters
- Case Diameter: 45 mm
- Face Diameter: 40 mm
- Total Weight: 57 g
- The Hour and Minute tickers are luminous.
Our high grade silicon sport strap is perfect for the everyday explorer. This very durable strap feels great and will endure any adventure.
Starting at $69. (Future retail - $110 + tax + shipping)
For a more sleek look, we introduce to you our high quality genuine leather strap. Look great with our awesome leather strap.
Starting at $80. (Future retail - $120 + tax + shipping)
For a more professional look, we introduce to you our best strap yet. This 316L stainless steel mesh strap fits perfect for those who need to look their best at all times.
Starting at $90. (Future retail - $130 + tax + shipping)
Just as a reminder that pledges are only charged at the end of the campaign if it is successfully funded.
Every order ships FREE anywhere in the United States. We are excited to announce that we will be shipping worldwide with the exception of Argentina, Belarus, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. You are responsible for duties, fees and taxes applicable to your region.
Each watch comes with a limited 2 year manufacturer warranty which includes any problems with the watch movement. Please contact us for further details.
Claiming your reward
We are just as excited as you are!! We will be sending out a survey at the conclusion of the Kickstarter campaign where you will indicate which watches you want and confirm your shipping address and other details.
Have a Question? We're here for you
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email us at Info@locuswatches.com. We'd be more than happy to answer any questions.
Engage with us
Risks and challenges
Our main challenge is spreading the word to help raise the capital needed to fund our first purchase order. Although there is always the risk of manufacturer delays, we are very confident that all watches will be shipped out no later than June 2016. We have a great relationship with our manufacturer and if any problems do arise we promise to keep everyone updated.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)