Hello folks! We are about to release a magnetic miniatures game with stunning miniatures, amazing arts, fun mechanics and...well, you got it: magnetic miniatures!
--- You just want to keep in touch? Subscribe here! ---
This is a crowd-revision campaign aimed at gathering your support and feedback to finalize the rules and play-testing phase: go through the page to discover more and join our "ZG crowd-reviewers community" for €1!
Zero Gravity is a capture-the-flag team battle game, where up to 4 Teams of 4 Heroes and 10 Troopers fight against each other with as many as 30 Beasts wondering up and (upside)down the board, disrupting the gameplay.
We designed and crafted a unique magnetic board that allows miniatures to stick and move also on vertical walls and hang to the ceiling.
On top of the miniatures, there is also a ton of other components, like magnetic bombs, mines, crates, flags, not to mention tokens, Team sheets, achievement cards and so on. We have developed a lot of material, all the graphics are ready as well as the first draft of the Rule sheet.
Being active since 2012, we built a sound experience in designing card games and board games. After our latest successful Kickstarter campaign in 2016 (Warage, a juggernaut card game including more than 1,000 cards split into 14 chapters - take a look at it here), we decided to work on a miniatures game.
We wanted to deliver a unique experience based on a truly innovative game concept – and there came the idea: why not shifting from the traditional planar setting featured by 99% of the existing miniatures games, to a real 3-dimensional environment?
And this is the genesis of Zero Gravity: the very first magnetic miniatures game.
We tested the concept with off-the-shelf material, then we prototyped a first miniature to test the usability and materials and finally we launched a full-speed development in which we designed all of our miniatures.
We will launch a campaign in September, featuring detailed videos of a high-quality prototype, with state of the art custom material and miniatures. The board will look amazing: the initial “cubic” concept evolved into an 8-face arena, to address one of the several ruling open points we have been working on.
Our latest campaign taught us that backers from all over the world can provide invaluable insights and feedback on the projects they love. This brought us back to the roots of crowd funding, inspiring us to create this preliminary campaign to fund the final playtesting and involve as many backers as possible to debug and comment on the rules of Zero Gravity, a first-of-its-kind game.
Zero Gravity rule sheet includes several key elements linked to the use of a 3-dimensional environment, on which we want you to provide your view and thoughts:
- Are they clear and well described?
- Does anything look cumbersome or unnatural to you?
- Is the overall structure of the rule sheet easy to follow?
- What examples should we add or explain differently from what we did?
- What makes you jump on the seat?
- Do you see any flaw?
We will not need an in-depth review of the entire rule sheet from all of you: we will simply give you access to the rules and let you be free to provide any feedback or post any question. We consider this crowd-review a crucial step to make the game perfect by the launch of our main campaign.
For example, this is a list of some elements of the rules on which we would welcome your comments:
- Winning conditions: how to collect Cheers from the crowd
- How to move a team member
- How to attack an opponent or a beast
- Sponsor cards
- Scenario phase: beasts activation
You can see that there's a lot of to be reviewed, tested and fine-tuned before running the Zero Gravity Kickstarter campaign. We literally can't wait to show you all what we've up our sleeves, but we want to be ready for it and your comments and financial support to finalise and thoroughly playtest the game is essential!
With your pledge you can:
- Contributor level - €1: get access to the (restricted) editable draft version of the rule sheet and comment each and every part you like, to help us address translation issues, mistakes in the rules or even help us in the drafting, if you see fit;
- Ambassador level - €10: same as Contributor, moreover you get your name (or nickname) printed in the rule sheet, to leave a mark on something you've contributed in refining to perfection;
- Fanatic level - €25: same as Contributor, moreover you get the 3D printable file of the 4 teams' Commanders, to have an in-depth look at the most important miniatures of the game. Here is a sample of the "Irish Sharks" Team commander miniature in 3D:
We plan to launch the Zero Gravity Kickstarter campaign in September. We thought hard about it and we rather prefer spending some more time to further refine the mechanics and rules than having you pledging a game with flows (it happens way too often here on Kickstarter!). Ultimately, we want a perfect game for you and your gaming group!
Once this campaign ends, hopefully successfully, you will immediately get the link to the editable rule sheet. We will be reading your comments, amending the text appropriately, and get all the material ready for the official launch. Moreover, with the money raised, we will get in touch with other professional game designers to have a second (third, fourth...) qualified opinion.
You will be informed all the way through and notified when the campaign to fund the production of the game will start.
Let us know, any feedback is very much welcomed!
--- You just want to keep in touch? Subscribe here! ---
Risks and challenges
With your pledge we will test the game and refine the rule sheet to the best of our abilities. We are committed in delivering the final game to all backers of the world: you are helping us in this first phase and we won't let you down. The risks we can identify are:
- although unlikely, we could need more time than expected to launch the Kickstarter campaign. We will keep you all informed about our efforts every step along the way.
- you cannot get access to the Google doc for some technical issues. We will try to solve it for you but, in case we cannot manage, we will be happy to refund you.
- some of your comments/opinions may not be accepted for several reasons. We will give you explanations in any case.
- depending on the volume of comments we might need a little time to process all of them - this is not a race but a deep study for us, please grant us the time to evaluate well all the options!
We want to be as ready as humanly possible, thanks for your help and interest!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)