THE BEST WAY TO MAKE YOUR BED
Innovation does not often happen in the bedding space. The fitted sheet changed the way we make our beds and was only invented in its current form in 1990. It’s time to disrupt this space once again.
For a product that we spend a third of our lives with, there are a lot of frustrations with the duvet cover, including:
- Putting the comforter in the duvet cover
- Making the comforter stay in place in the cover
- Making the bed look good in the morning
We searched high and low for a duvet cover that was easy to use, luxurious, and elegantly designed. We could not find what we were looking for and decided that we could do it better. After 18 months of brainstorming and prototyping, we have developed a revolutionary product. It is the duvet cover like you have never seen before. We call it the Nova Duvet Cover.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
The World’s Most Innovative Duvet Cover
With the Nova Duvet Cover, it now takes 80% less time to make your bed.
- The easiest way to stuff your comforter in the cover: We moved the opening from the bottom of the duvet cover to the middle. Now, stuffing your comforter after wash is effortless.
- The comforter is guaranteed to stay in place: Never wake up with the comforter bunched in a ball again. We added four interior corner ties inside the cover to ensure the comforter stays in place.
- No more buttons, no more pain: Buttons are for shirts, not for duvet covers. They fall off easily and take too long to close. We replaced the buttons with a durable zipper so your bedding is now easy to close.
- The perfect bed, every time: You do not have time to make a perfect bed every morning. With our tailored flap and accent strip that mimic the top sheet, say goodbye to your top sheet. In just one motion, you can now get the perfect look without the hassle.
THE DESIGN IS IN THE DETAILS
We obsessed over every detail, from the thickness of the piping to the strength of the zippers. We worked with the best bedding factories in the world to choose luxurious materials and fabrics. You will love the result: 100% 400 thread count single-ply extra-long staple cotton, woven in a durable yet luxuriously soft sateen weave.
Colors & Sizes
The Nova bedding set comes in:
- Two colors: Charcoal Gray (with white piping, shown in the video) and Soft White (with charcoal gray piping, shown above). Color preferences will be collected at the end of the campaign.
- Five sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, King and CalKing. Sub-size preferences (Full vs. Queen or King vs. CalKing) will be collected at the end of the campaign.
- Our cotton filled comforter is in The “Ultimate” Nova Bundle. This product is one-of-a kind and the best alternative to a down-filled blanket. Filled with lofted cotton (similar to a sheet of cotton balls all stuck together) and enclosed in a white cotton cover, it will keep you warm without overheating. We also love that it is machine washable.
Currently, we offer the Nova in two beautiful colors: dark charcoal gray and white. Many of you asked for the Nova in more colors. We created a few exciting stretch goals: the Nova duvet cover in the color of steel blue (unlocked at $40K) and light gray (unlocked at $60K). These colors will be available to all backers in all tiers once the stretch goals are met!
PROTOTYPES & PRODUCTION PLAN
Our team spent over 18 months of brainstorming, prototyping and testing the Nova duvet cover before coming up with the final design.
We are the makers behind Crane & Canopy. We believe in smart and elegant design for your home. We are a fully vertically integrated brand, handling everything from design and manufacturing to shipping. By using the world’s best factories, we cut out the middlemen responsible for high prices renowned in this industry. Without all the intermediary steps, we deliver high-quality and beautifully designed bedding at a fraction of the cost.
A BIG THANK YOU
We thank you for your support. We can not express enough gratitude to all those who have helped us get to this point.
Risks and challenges
In textile manufacturing, success is all about factory relationships. For the last two years, we have been working with our factories to deliver beautifully designed patterned bedding.
For the Nova duvet cover, we have finalized the fabrics, the zipper, piping, and dye tones and have already traveled to our factories to train them on the requirements for all the intricacies of this special design.
We have built in enough time to compensate for any delays or problems we may run into and will keep you updated and well informed so you know just how close you are to getting the perfectly made bed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)