A prototype is a preliminary model of something. Projects that offer physical products need to show backers documentation of a working prototype. This gallery features photos, videos, and other visual documentation that will give backers a sense of what’s been accomplished so far and what’s left to do. Though the development process can vary for each project, these are the stages we typically see:
Proof of Concept
Explorations that test ideas and functionality.
Demonstrates the functionality of the final product, but looks different.
Looks like the final product, but is not functional.
Appearance and function match the final product, but is made with different manufacturing methods.
Appearance, function, and manufacturing methods match the final product.
We are living in a world moved by technology; a world that is changing in every single minute; and a world full of innovation that is kicking in and reshaping every aspect of our life. ROLLOVA is a product of that very nature - a digital ruler that transforms the way you measure things. Most importantly, a ruler that measures a variety of surfaces easier than ever before.
● Measuring just got easier - and more fun
● Replacing your traditional ruler with a pocket-friendly gadget
● The 10000:1 high-contrast ratio OLED screen provides brighter display and outstanding energy efficiency
● Measuring everything from flat surfaces to curved objects
● Full stainless steel body combining the best of ruggedness, precision, and style
● Compact size for measurement on the move
Our measuring gadget comes complete with a genuine leather case – sure to become your favorite pocket-sized ruler. It features an OLED screen that is compatible with Major Units of Length and engineered in a stainless-steel wear and tear resistant body. The design is minimalistic, and the measurement is accurate.
After a year of teamwork, we carefully considered every detail from concept to production. We are ecstatic to report that we have just received our production model; The Rollova is ready for the mass-production stage and our team will ensure it gets delivered into your hands as soon as possible. Our co-operation facilities can produce 2,000 unit of ROLLOVA per month!
We have prepared different bundles for all of you - our trusted ROLLOVA backers. Simply pick the one that fits you best! Also, don't forget to choose your favorite color for your new leather case!
IN THE END:
Risks and challenges
1. Manufacturing problems – We already received the production prototype from our manufacturers, but mass-production can require a lot of expensive trial and error, with the cost of materials and availability of essential tools changing regularly. This is why we've built in a large margin for error into our Kickstarter goal, and also why we have signed contracts with seven separate manufacturers who can deliver at the promised price even in difficult circumstances. We have also booked a flight to Guangzhou to supervise all manufacturer and mass-production process.
2. Design flaws – While we have gone to every effort to predict how ROLLOVA will work in real life, the reality is, we're Kickstarting this because Rollova is a new species that you never been seen before. That means that unpredictable problems with the design will likely come up. There is a risk, that one of these could be problematic, however, by using the most advanced computer-aided design(CAD) and experts in different fields, we've minimized this risk to the level than any company can. We've worked through many issues before and don't plan on stopping if we hit a road bump. We will always keep you updated on new developments.
3. Illness/injury/death – Unlikely, but this is a small team, and it's always possible that something could happen to one of us. For instance, Rollova is a compact product in rigid form. If someone swallows this product, that could be extremely harmful!) That said, we have a team precisely so create strength beyond what any one of us could create. In the event of something getting in the way of one us completing the project, we are all committed to pulling together, taking up the slack, and ensuring this project gets done.
4: Is there some other potential issue you're wondering about?
If you're wondering, others probably are, too! We'd appreciate it if you'd email it to us at me@firstname.lastname@example.org or fill our contact form on our official website. I'll personally make sure it gets answered for you.
With Best Regards
HOZO DESIGN. Co. | Co-founder, Design director
ONLY AVAILABLE IN THIS CAMPAIGN!
Emboss and etch your logo on Rollova & Leather Case
10 × Rollova Premium Bundle | We will collect your logo design at the end of this campaign! For more detail, please check the detail description in the below.