- Concept by: Steven Fields
- Design & Art by: Steven Fields & Greg "Jazzy Bear" Brown
- Released & Distributed by: TwoGeeksGaming
- Printing by: MPC
- 100% custom face cards, aces, pips, jokers, and coloring
- All 54 cards have their own individual artwork
- Each deck has 2 distinct art styles, Figures & Elements
- Custom Tuck Box
- 310 GSM (Black Core) card stock with Linen Finish
- Limited production run
- The first deck in a continuing series of themed minimalist playing cards
What exactly are the SMArt Series Playing Cards?
This will be an ongoing series of "Themed" poker playing card decks that will always have that minimalist art style. We plan on releasing several decks (or series) a year and each of these decks will have a different theme. We have always loved that look of the Minimalist art style and in what you can convey with just simple lines, blacks & whites and solid bold coloring. It is a style that is very unique and really stands out.
Our face cards are the 10's, Jacks, Queens, Kings, Aces, and Jokers. These have what we refer to as "Figure Art".
Our pip cards are the 2-9 and have what we refer to as "Element Art".
We spent a lot of time and went through several versions when developing the card back. This ultimately was the one we decided to use. It is a completely mirrored back and works on several visual levels.
One of our all time favorite tuck boxes is the Heretic set by Stockholm 17. It is a thing of beauty in its nearly all black design. Right from the start, we knew we wanted to keep that minimalist look throughout everything and it made sense to make our tuck box very stark. Bits of color, mostly blacks and greys, and with just enough information on it so you knew what deck you had in your hands.
Prices include S&H costs. If you have any questions or special requests, please Private Message or Email us.
STANDARD DECK ($15 US / $18 World)
New - MINIVERSE DECK ($30 US/ $33 World)
This is an all new limited production companion deck to our standard one above. It is basically the equivalent to a red poker deck... while the standard deck would be considered a black poker deck.
New Features - Back of the cards are now red (of course). All the King cards have different & new figures not seen in the standard deck. The background behind the main art for the front of the cards is reversed. Alternative versions of the Joker cards. Alternative red colored tuck box.
UNCUT SHEET ($40 US / World - Email for Quote)
This is a 310 GSM Linen Finish Uncut Sheet. It has all 54 playing cards (includes the Jokers) and the card back design as well. This truly does look awesome on the wall.
MIGHTY HEROIC MINIS T-SHIRT ($30 US / $40 World)
We have two styles and several options for you to choose from. So you can get that perfect T-Shirt for yourself or someone else:
CUSTOMIZABLE T-SHIRT ($40 US / $50 World)
We wanted the backers to be involved in having fun with us. So, we are letting you do something very cool with "Make-Your-Own" Customized T-Shirt. You can choose from 1 to 8 pieces of our artwork that are in this campaign and we will take that art and design your very own one-of-a-kind t-shirt.
3D PICTURE CARDS - 2 Pieces ($12 US / $14 World)
You will receive two 4x6 3D Picture Cards that actual transform from one image to another when you look at them. This process is also known as Lenticular printing.
BOOKMARK SET - 5 Pieces ($7 US / $9 World)
A five piece set of 2x6 double sided & reversible Bookmarks... which includes all 20 face card Figures represented on the playing cards.
MOUSEPAD ($10 US / $14 World)
Premium 7x8 Fabric Mousepad that is made from durable, high-density black foam, which stands up to everyday wear and tear.Thickness 3/16 inch.
(Includes some alternative figures not seen on the playing cards)
MAGNET SET - 4 Pieces ($9 US / $11 World)
A four piece set of 2.5x3.5 UV Coated Vinyl Magnets.
(Includes 2 new figures not seen on the standard deck)
ART OF MIGHTY HEROIC MINIS - COLLECTORS EDITION BOOKS
Hardcover Edition ($22 US / $25 World)
Digital PDF Edition ($6 US / $6 World)
A beautiful 6x8 premium 20 page collectors book. This will showcase all the art that made it into the game, as well as, some alternate costume versions and other art that didn't make it onto the final cards. If you want to have it all... then this is the thing for you. Comes in either a Hardcover bound edition or a digital PDF edition.
(*BONUS - Hardcover also includes the Digital PDF Book version as well)
So what has changed from the previous campaign?
1. MPC will now handle all the card production. This way it makes things a bit more manageable for us.
2. Much lower funding goal of only $2100.00 instead of the original $8000.00. This one should easily be obtainable.
3. Deck prices are a little bit cheaper... for the most part. We've tried to pass those savings onto our backers. Every little bit helps nowadays.
4. We've put up all new and really interesting Add-On's for you to get. Some we have never seen offered before in a campaign, Please check those out above.
5. We had to remove some of the previous characters. BUT, there are new ones in their place that are just awesome. Check them all out.
6. All the artwork has been improved and enhanced. The background have a more 3D look and feel to it and all the figures have a slight shadow behind them that makes them seem like they are jumping off the card. Really cool looking stuff.
7. Our backers had suggested easier to read cards. Well... you asked for it and you got it. First, we made the numbers/pips and suits much larger. Next, we removed the right handed side numbers/pips in favor of a more streamlined look, as well as, going back to the industry standard of Red/Black coloring on all the cards.
I noticed that Mighty Heroic Minis states it is Series 1.1. What does this mean?
It just simply means that this is Series 1 Deck 1.
So... series 1 will always be your Mighty Heroic Minis. In the future, if we do a second deck of all new characters, it would be Mighty Heroic Minis – Series 1.2 or Series 1 Deck 2. That way you always know what specific deck you have in your hands.
I see there is a tier that has a “Limited Edition” Mighty Heroic Minis LE deck. What is that?
It is truly a unique deck of cards. It uses MPC’s new High Gloss technique for printing. So far there have been about 5 or so decks on the market that use it. But, when you see them, you will be blown away. I was stunned on how beautiful and different they are than anything else out there. Check out this video to see what we are talking about.
How are the funds going to be used?
Two Geeks Gaming is a small design company specializing in Card Games, Tabletop Games and Custom Artwork. We have invested thousands of dollars into getting the company started and designing this one deck. We also have three more decks planned for release in the upcoming 2016 year.
So the bottom line is this... if there are any profits made from this campaign, it will go right back into development for our next deck and future projects.
Risks and challenges
The artwork, design, planning, and budgeting has already been completed. MPC has already given us the preliminary thumbs up for moving onto production. We just need to give them the very last designs and of course the funds for manufacturing.
The only risk now is Natural disasters or acts of God... or possibly an unexpected issue with our manufacturer. Which I honestly don't see happening, as we are only using a very reputable company in the card industry. They have even run their own successful Kickstarter campaigns. We also padded in an extra few weeks just to make sure we would meet our deadline.
I will post regular updates, so you can keep track of every stage of Mighty Heroic Minis and see it come to life.
Once again, thanks for all the support Kickstarter!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)