Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on April 28, 2012.
About this project
MYTHIC: The Story Of Gods And Men
Mythic is and action/strategy based RPG brought to you by the same team that left Activision / Blizzard in search of something better! MYTHIC is an open world concept that will allow you to choose where you want to go even if it does not coincide with the story line and current missions list (hey, sometimes we just like to explore to level up right?!). The gameplay characteristics will be similar to that of World of Warcraft and the graphics quality should be up there with Skyrim. Game will be release on PC first and then ported to Mac. Depending on funding amount reached we will aiming to get a multiplayer version online by Summer 2013. Game engine is custom but built based off of Unity3D and animations will be done via motion capture thanks to some friends at Disney/Pixar!
Choose Your Fate
- Biblical: Arch Angel Michael and Lucifer
- Greek: Zeus and Hades
- Egyptian: Ra and Anubis
- More classes coming soon with demigods in each category!
Lands of the Ancients
- Giant free roaming maps and terrains of the ancient world including Egypt, Greece, and the Middle East (more options waiting on votes between africa and asia).
- The main storyline will be to destroy the other Gods and take back full worship and control of the earth and all humanity.
- Sub missions will change throughout the game based on the choices you make!
- You will have the choice to change your class of Good or Evil once in the game at a story driven point... choose wisely.
- Taking back over run temples and villages will increase your "worship" thus allowing you to unlock new more powerful godly abilities.
- Smiting enemies will level up your character (this is the only traditional thing about MYTHIC!
- Depending on who you choose and whether you are good or evil, the storyline will adapt and change throughout gameplay. This will allow the user to experience all the the boss battles against the other Top Gods.
- Each boss battle will have multiple outcomes driven by your choices ( not just win or lose! )
In game shot of forest terrain
In game shot of northern mountain terrain
1.) Question: "Is 80k enough to fund this game?"
Answer: "In short answer, yes! Our team has been able to raise a substantial amount from various VC's and Angel Investors as well as pulling out our own wallets!
2.) Question: "What will you do with the extra funds if the project passes the 80k mark?"
Answer: "We will put 100% of all funds raised here back into the game to ensure we did everything possible to make the best possible experience for our backers and customers!"
3.) Question: "So what exactly is my donation being put to use for?"
Answer: "We are trying to raise the 80k in order to secure the motion capture animation team and studio time for the games sound track. If we can save a little then it will be put back into programming the game engine."
Kicking It Forward?
We will be donating 5% of our profits once MYTHIC is released! This way we can "Kick It Forward" by helping the funding of new awesome games, as we have seen quite a few great projects come out of here already!
SWAG! (everyone loves goodies!)
MYTHIC Book Bag
MYTHIC God Swords
MYTHIC is a new game and to our knowledge there has never been another title called the same (there might have been an older publisher with the name mythic in it however?).
We are still polishing up the engine right now and testing against assets that are (grey box characters and very rough). This is because as much as we love working with Unity3D, we are finding things that we need to custom write to improve game play. We have multiple environments near finished with the exception of building assets that are being worked on as I type this and some fancy interstitial movie scenes that we are going to have to complete after our animation block of time later this summer.
We have put in around $300k into the project already and need another $280k to finish for our May 2013 deadline. The $80k we are trying to raise on here is indeed a must have as our angel investor is only willing to spend another $200k on top of the $100k that his company has already invested. The $200k that we started with was put up out of my own pocket as this is our dream and were willing to personally pay to see it through!
It indeed is a lot to do in one year but we have all been writing schedules and sticking to them for the better part of the last decade and we believe that it is a realistic goal for our team.
We have 2 former creative directors, 1 VP of production, 1 former CTO, 3 senior programmers,1 UI designer/programmer, and 4 3D experts ( 2 world/ 2 assets ).
If you enjoyed playing WOW between 2009-2011, or Diablo 2 then you are very welcome! We worked many hard years to put a part of each of us into those titles. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears... But now we are FREE to create!
- (45 days)