What is the CMD-Geek?
The „CMD-Geek“ is an IDE (development environment) for the Windows Batch-Script. This IDE includes a Database who contains all Batch-Commands from XP up to Win 10 and can present them all with their syntax and description. The „CMD-Geek“ is currently in private development and is in need of support to cover the costs of Licenses, Development and Software-Support.
Why do we need such a software?
Batch-Script is a way to do things on Windows-Systems fast und very easy. But always to search for the right commands or getting some syntax-error can be frustrated. So we want to build an IDE wich has a Command-Database to search for the needed command and a wizzard-function where you can build your needed command without any typo's or the wrong syntax.
I don't know how Batch-Script works. How does it help me?
We also offer you a DVD with some Video Tutorials where you can see how script with batch and become a master batch scripter. And this is also a very easy way to start developing. What can the CMD-Geek do when he is finished?
At Release (end of Development) the CMD-Geek will include the following features:
- Batch-Command-Database with over 1016
- Commands Script-Pather for a better overview of the script-code
- Command-Wizard, for the a easy way to create commands without any typo’s or syntax error‘s
- Command-Search-Engine – No need to search for the needed command anymore. Just say what function you need and the CSE will deliver you the right command or sub-command.
- Execution-Protocol – all executed commands will be recorded in the background to see a execution history, what commands had been executed in the active session
- Result- Protocol – all shown outputs of the CMD will be redirected into the CMD-Geek and can easily be copied, overworked or in other was processed.
- Direct CMD execution – Batch-Scripts don’t have to be saved at some place and the started. You can execute them directly in the CMD-Geek and see the results in it.
- 4 Execution-Mods – the CMD-Geek includes 4 Execution-Mods who will make it possible to execute a Script internal (CMD-Geek), external (CMD), Silent (No Window) and remote on another system in the network
- Search-Mask for script and Log
- Script-Check Function – Batch-Scripts can be scanned for what system they are compatible and what commands has to be replaced for the target system
- Dynamic Design – all Colors of the CMD-Geek can be replaced like you wish it
- Update & Upgrade Interface
- Support & Know-How Forum
For what do you need support?
We need money to cover the costs of needed Licenses for different Windows and Server Software wich we need to develop and test alle the Batch commands for a high quality batch-scripting on all systems.
Can i test the CMD-Geek before i donate to you, to see what it would be like?
Sure, we have created a little preview version for you. The Version is only a sneak peak what the CMD-Geek can do when it will be finished. So some features has been disabled.
You can get the Demo-Version over here: http://cmd-geek.net/
Over the next Weeks we will eventually update the Demo-Version from time to time.
Risks and challenges
The Risk is that, when we don't reach our goal, we will not be capable of creating oll this features we want to put in and this would be very sad for everyone who uses batch.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)