"To create a solid timepiece for today’s urban warrior with styling that transitions from rugged outdoor play to weekday functionality with a unique band fitting system that puts you totally in control".
Created by Jorzaky Watches, The Warrior is no lightweight. With casing machined from a single piece of stainless steel, this watch is a true heirloom timepiece designed by a watchmaker passionate about traditional workmanship and contemporary design.
Where does the passion come from? The man behind Jorzaky is a qualified watchmaker whose industry cred comes from more than 20 years of working with the world’s leading surf and sports brands, as well as luxury brands TAG Heuer, Zenith, Ebel, Louis Vuitton and Dior. He gets what men want in a watch, he gets what men need from a watch. And, he understands how men use (and break) watches, which is why he’s put everything into making a timepiece that will last.
The Warrior is unapologetically over-the-top. From the engineered 50mm stainless steel casing, to the 2mm thick Sapphire Crystal face and the dual sealing system; The Warrior is designed to stay solid on your arm - wherever you are, whatever you’re doing.
Our unique band fitting system also gives you full flexibility over the look of your watch. Whether you choose to wear the flexible, silicone band for weekends or a more refined alternative for weekdays – The Warrior can pull it off.
The Warrior is definitely a solid unit. There has been no compromise in materials and each watch is individually engineered and assembled by hand by a watchmaker. No assembly lines. What you’re getting is a watch assembled by the man who created it.
THE WARRIOR’S FEATURES:
Option 1: Basic module features (as featured in the video): Time, Alarm, Hourly chime, Day & Date, Stopwatch, Back light.
Option 2:Tide Module features (see image below): Dual Time, Alarm, Hourly Chime, Countdown timer, Stop watch, Future tide calculator, High and low tide indicator (based on global tide cycles), EL back light.
The Warrior has ‘watchmaker’ written all over it. Only a professional who’s seen first-hand what’s needed in a quality man’s performance watch could come up with this list of features:
- The Jorzaky Unique Band Fitting System giving you full flexibility over your styling.
- Heavy duty spring bars attaching the band to the casing and buckle.
- Top loaded construction allowing module to be fitted from the front. Not having a case back reduces the potential of water leakage.
- Screwed down top sealing plate to give even pressure on the O-ring seal and Teflon gasket. Most watches have a threaded case back, which adds uneven pressure on the case back seal and creates more chance of water leakage.
- 2mm thick Sapphire Crystal watch face for premium scratch resistance, as well as an AR (anti-glare) coating.
- Solid front-loading case made from a single piece of 316L Stainless Steel, as is the sealing plate and pushers.
- Curved Pushers with dual rubber O-ring sealing system.
- Digital Module for longer battery life and superior time keeping. We've very deliberately chosen a digital module for longevity. No perishable parts, no moving gears to wear out, no need to re-oil/service.
Fitting the band is as simple as locating the spring bar in the lug slots and pushing it down until it clicks into position.
A band tool, used for removing bands, will be provided with every watch.
Your Jorzaky watch will come in a zip-up carry case that can be used to safely store your watch when not in use.
- Water Resistance: 200m
- Case Thickness: 14.3mm
- Case Diameter: 50mm
- Weight 180 grams
- Band Diameter (between lugs): 20mm
- Band Material: Silicon Rubber
WHY ‘THE WARRIOR’?
For three years, Dean Lucas, the man behind Jorzaky has worked with the world’s leading experts to create prototypes in search of the right combination of solid masculine ‘grunt’ and urban style.
Jorzaky watches come with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. This means that if there is any internal failure or any failure resulting from improper assembly on our end we will replace or repair the watch free of charge.
Risks and challenges
I see shipping as my biggest challenge and potentially risky, as this part of the process relies heavily on third parties. I will attempt to minimize this risk by partnering with the best in the business as I have done in all other areas of this project. The best I can assure you is that as with any challenge I will do my very best to keep pledges informed and involved.
I've spent the past few years working hard to cultivate and develop strong supplier relationships including traveling overseas to meet my contacts and see the quality of their work first hand.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)