Dear Memory Club,
Greetings! We have been hard at work on the book, and have some fun developments to share:
1. To those who, as all or part of your reward, selected a Digital Gift (An Unforgettably Good Salmon Recipe, Cocktail Recipe, David Kinch's Paula Wolfert Playlist, or the complete set), you will be receiving a direct message via Kickstarter with a link to download your selection. We hope you like it! We were blown away by the creative contributions from Daniel Patterson, Jeff Bareilles and David Kinch—a huge thank you to all three.
2. Several of you have asked about our t-shirts: Within about the next 10 days all of the t-shirts, tote bags, aprons and postcards will be shipped to all who ordered them. If you have changed your mailing address since filling out your survey, please let us know by this Wednesday, October 21 and we will update your information! Please enjoy them with pride (and send us a picture of you with your finery!)
3. Now that almost everyone has completed the BackerKit surveys (thank you!!), we can share the results of our informal poll. Regardless of our final decisions, your answers were extremely helpful; thank you again for taking the time to fill them out. It’s fascinating how evenly split the answers were on how to organize the recipes. In case the text in the image below is hard to read, the answers are also below. And if you haven’t filled out your survey yet, there’s still time; go to unforgettable.backerkit.com.
Which would you rather see on the cover of the book?
- A picture of Paula 71.3%
- An image of a delicious dish 23.6%
- Other 5.1%
How would you prefer the book’s recipes be organized?
- Chronologically 51.4%
- By course (starters, mains, desserts) 48.6%
How important is it to see images of the places that inspired Paula’s recipes?
- Essential 58.8%
- I’d rather see more pictures of food 41.2%
What are you most hoping to get out of this book?
- Recipes and techniques 15.6%
- Adventure stories from Paula’s life 8.4%
- Insights on aging, food and memory 4.1%
- Other 1.1%
- All of the above 70.8%
We will send more updates as the project continues. We can’t thank you enough for making this book possible.