What is JaguarBoard?
It is a single-board computer similar to Raspberry Pi. The difference is that it is based on x86 architecture.
Why x86 architecture is a big deal?
Being based on the x86 architecture brings JaguarBoard better performance, with high level of scalability and compatibility. It allows developers and DIYers who are experienced with x86 architecture to enjoy the single board software development without having to learn about embedded systems such as ARM.
How is JaguarBoard Compared with Similar Products?
about the CPUs:
More options for operating systems:
- Widely Support Popular Linux Distribution include :Windows8.1/10, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Android... Bring you a diversified experience.
- Easily install through USB disk or USB CD/DVD-ROM
How Can We Use JaguarBoard?
You are the geeks. You are the DIYers. You are the developers. Armed with the range of development toolkits available for the x86 architecture and emboldened by the processing prowess of JaguarBoard, you are only limited by your imagination. Here are just a few examples:
- As a mini-PC
- As an Embedded System
- As a learning or research tool
Who Can Benefit from JaguarBoard?
- Embedded System Engineer
- Embedded Application Engineer
- Embedded Hardware Development Engineer
- Beginners of embedded development
- Hobby developers for Android / Linux / windows platform
- Colleges, Universities and Research Institution
- Training Institutions
Risks and challenges
This JaguarBoard is developed on X86 architecture, and we aim to support a wide variety of OSs. We have tested its compatibility with Microsoft Windows and many Linux systems and software applications to ensure it works. So far so very good! However, as we develop the JaguarBoard for DIYers and secondary development, you and your own project are the ultimate tests for JaguarBoard. We invite you to explore it. This is why we come to Kickstarter!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)