WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
- New Food Options - With hundreds of local cooks sharing their skills, there will be tons of new, creative foods to try!
- Request Foods You Can't Find - Can't find that Ethiopian dish you love so much? With our app you can post a request and a local cook can take up the challenge.
- Restrictive Diets - People with allergies or very limited diets can search directly by their specific needs. No need to call and ask every restaurant in town anymore.
- Delivery - Have your food delivered straight to your door by pressing a button. Why put pants on if you don't have to?
- Save Time - Cooking always takes way more time than expected. Get that home cooked meal without the hassle and plan your meals days in advance.
- Decide Faster - Search what you're hungry for. Browse through meals with pictures and reviews. No more debate trying to interpret wording on a menu.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR COOKS
- Creative Expression - You can make whatever you want. You don't have to follow a menu or make anything more than once. It's the perfect experimentation ground.
- Make Money Cooking From Home - You don't have to open up an entire restaurant to share your cooking skills.
- Work When You Want - You decide when to post meals or it you feel like cooking at all. Be your own boss.
- Create a Following - Make friends with people who love your food. Get your food out there and show the world your talent.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Less Waste - By knowing how many orders to make in advance, cooks will know exactly how much food is needed so nothing is thrown away.
- A Stronger Local Economy - Local cooks will make money doing something they love.
- A Healthier Community - People tend to make better food decisions when they plan ahead.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE
Our cooks are extremely diverse. Once the app is available, you should be able to get just about any food you can think of.
- Southern Comfort food
- Vegetarian and Vegan
- Baked goods like cookies and cakes
- Croissants and fresh bread
- Restaurant style fine dining
- French, Spanish, Japanese, Bosnian, and many other international foods
Also lots of food you have never heard of or even thought of because of the creativity of the cooks. One example was a wild looking red dish that turned out to have hot cheetos as a main ingredient! We expect lots of other crazy interesting meals like this.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
As of now we are developing the iOS mobile app. The Beta version should be done in late March. We are currently looking for 50 cooks to work with us before the Beta launch. For now we are in contact with about 20 local cooks who have said they plan to use the app. The amount of variety is huge and we expect it to grow much larger as we get more cooks. We are also in the process of partnering with local companies such as the Restaurant Depot and Rush (delivery service).
WHAT WE PLAN TO DO WITH THE MONEY
- iOS and Android Development
- Server costs
- Advertising on social media
- Chef materials (to-go boxes, labels, etc.)
- Cook acquisition cost
- Marketing costs
- Legal Fees
Risks and challenges
IS THIS LEGAL?
A question we often get is “Do you need to have a permit to sell food from home?”. When it comes to Tennessee, the answer is no, as long as you meet these three requirements.
1. You do not have any paid employees
2. You make only occasional sales.
3. You do not have any paid advertising.
We have designed our app and business model so that anyone who cooks using Gigamunch meets these requirements.
IS THIS SAFE?
Our top priority to provide our cooks and eaters with a safe and excellent experience. We ensure this by doing the following:
- Require our cooks to have a Food Handler Card
- Conduct background checks on all of our cooks
- Visit our cooks' kitchens and conduct a thorough inspection
- Require our cooks to show an up-to-date picture of their kitchen
- Give eaters the ability to review and report their experiences
- Take quick and appropriate actions on reports
- (30 days)