Hi, I'm Nicholas Taylor, I've been making chainmail items for about 18 years off and on as a hobby. Recently, I've started adding rubber rings into my chainmail. I must say I love it! It looks cool, it offers padding, has room to stretch out. I could go on and on....
I have 3 main purposes for running this kickstarter:
1. to raise capital to fund more supplies to make bigger items (shirts, headresses, belts etc.)
2. to offer you the chance to get your hands on a really cool dice bag in the color/s you want.
3. and my own selfish reason that running a project would be awesome!
The Dice Bags
My dice bags are handmade of anodized aluminum and EPDM rubber, which makes them stretchy to help pad and prevent damage to your dice. The rings measurements are 16 gauge thick and the inner diameter is 5/16". Each bag can hold approximately 70 dice. Currently the drawstrings in the pictures are leather, the end product drawstring will be paracord. Which will be available in different colors.
You will get the option of choosing one color for the rubber rings and one color for the aluminum rings. The choices are:
Update - Silver / aka Bright Aluminum will be an option as well.
Update - Color Combos!
Update - These are the Cord Locks and Cap we are going to be using!
Unlocked! $700 - Dice Charms! One will go on each end of the drawstring.
Unlocked! $2,000 - 100 Count Bags! All pledges will have the option of upgrading to a 100 count dice bags. Room for 30 more dice at the same price as a 70 count.
Unlocked! $5,000 - Stripe Design! All pledges will get the option of adding up to 6 stripes on their dice bags. Each stripe can be any color combos.
Update: To recap on what you get so far
- 1 70 dice count stretchy chainmail dice bag per $25 pledged
- Each bag will come with your choice of color: paracord (drawstring) cord lock and 2 cord end caps.
- 2 dice charms FREE
- option to upgraded each bag up to a 100 dice count bag. FREE
- You can choice up to 6 stripes each having one metal color and one rubber color to pick, for a total of 12 total colors.
Reversible Dice Bag Liner - This add on will cost $5 more per bag to your pledge. Check Update #8 to see video.
Risks and challenges
My main challenge I will face is ordering the materials. The company that I order my materials from is amazing, but sometimes the stocks run low on certain colors. If a color that I happen to need ends up being back ordered, those who pledged for those metals will be notified of the delay.
The other challenge would be if this project really kicks off. Making the delivery dates could become an issues. My solution is to have my lovely wife, Mindy, and my gaming buddy, Josh, to help out.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)