Thank you to everyone who has contributed. We’ve been busy learning about all the amazing aspects of the My Little Pony fandom and making plans for what to include in the documentary.
A lot of you have been asking about our goals. While you clearly helped fund a comprehensive shoot of the BronyCon convention itself, the next step is to make this thing 20 percent cooler. What that means is that we want to pay for as many shoot days leading up to BronyCon as possible. It would be great to see people in their home environments and learn about their lives outside of the convention setting. Please spread the word to help us drive toward the $100,000 level which will help make this possible. If you know anyone who has not already made a pledge, please direct him or her to this Kickstarter campaign.
Note that we are now set up for those who only have Paypal. They can participate at http://www.bronydoc.com/ Since those totals don't get added to Kickstarter, you will find updates with the contributions made via Paypal periodically in the comments section.
In advance of the convention, we are looking for MLP fans that fit these descriptions. If one of these sounds like you, please email us your story, your name, phone number, city you live in and a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for:
• Someone who is going on an artistic journey to BronyCon. You are making art, creating music or even creating special food to take to the convention.
• Someone who lives in a world non-friendly to the Brony culture. You may live at home, or work in an environment where you would be judged for watching MLP but you're ready to reveal yourself as a Brony to your friends and family and ideally will be attending BronyCon.
• A man and woman who are both MP fans, live in different parts of the country, have meet online, bonded over MLP, have been dating on-line and now will be meeting for the first time in person at BronyCon.
• A father and son who are both fans and have bonded over MLP.
• A mother and son who are both fans and have bonded over MLP.
• A parent who has a son or daughter with a disability and has been helped by becoming a MLP fan.
• A 30-something working professional who is a Brony and will be going to BronyCon.
• A man in the in the Military who will be going to BronyCon.
• A college age woman who will be going to BronyCon.
Mike, John & Laurent