Last year we held a crowdsource funding drive to create a documentary which we named “Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony.” We are grateful for the tremendous support from thousands of people that helped us make that feature length film possible. The result has been praised and enjoyed by both Bronies and by the general public.
The film contained stories and material culled from over 200 hours of footage shot around the world. Part of the difficulty in making a film is selecting just the right amount of material to include. You want to include enough to keep people entertained and satisfied. Too much and you run the risk of losing your audience.
As with most productions, as part of the process, we shot some great stuff that was not included in the final film. Some of it didn’t quite fit the theme of the film in which we were mostly trying to introduce the general public to the phenomena of the Brony fandom and why it exists.
People have been asking us to release the additional material. That’s what this project is all about. We want to edit this material into segments and release it for all to see.
The good news is that the material has already been shot. The first funding drive helped pay for the professional crews and producers to travel and capture it. Now it sits on hard drives in a raw state.
We need to pay the people to do the real work of editing and administering the production process. Funds will also go towards perks and postage. Any extra funds will go towards our continuing efforts to promote the feature film which includes entering and attending film festivals, sending out press review copies, etc.
Once finished, the material will be released under a pay-what-you-want model online so that anyone who wants to see it can, at whatever price they can afford. We’ll also sell DVD’s for those who prefer a hard copy.
How much material we can release will depend on the total funds raised, but we would like to include the following:
• Segment about the fire at BronyCon. We captured the fire itself and the crowds having a great time outside singing and bonding as the fire department works.
• Extended segment on “Sethisto” and the team from Equestria Daily covering BronyCon.
• Segment on Convention Chair Andrew Brockert, including pre-BronyCon madness and his car accident on the way to BronyCon.
• Extended interviews with Military Bronies.
• Segment about a couple honeymooning at BronyCon.
• Segment on Megan Youmans and the Traveling Pony Museum
• Segment about a Malaysian Brony who makes a trip to America.
• Segment on the Pirate Party in Germany who uses episodes of MLP in “Pony Time” time-outs to cool down heated political meetings.
• Segment on a gay couple that attends B.U.C.K. and find acceptance in the fandom.
• Extended segment on the BronyCon Cosplay Contest.
• Segment on a young man who meets and gets career advice from Lauren Faust.
• Segment on a woman who came to meet Lauren Faust, her former childhood babysitter, at BronyCon. Lauren often drew pony pictures for her.
• Segment on a family of Bronies (Father, Mother and Teen).
• Extended segment on artist John Joseco.
• Segment on Tara Strong at San Diego's ComicCon.
Thank you for your support. Your help will make this release possible.
To support us, visit http://igg.me/at/bronies/x/1639096