I just wanted to write a quick update to keep everyone informed about the production process. I've done some major progress on several fronts:
1) As of a few minutes ago we have a package design and it will look something like this:
Kuddos to my dear friend and talented designer Carin from TEDdesignstudio.com for staying up until 2am to finish the design!
2) On monday I wrote a sizable check for the tooling of the short run production. This means the limited production has started for the press. I'm hoping to get this very limited production shipped out around mid July. Once again, if you're a blogger or a journalist who would like to review Smarter Stand or a distributor who would like to carry this new hot product, let me know by clicking the "send message" link next to my name at the top of the project page.
3) On Thursday I wrote an even bigger check for the tooling of the large run production. This means the machine that will make your Smarter Stand(s) is going to start getting built. If I was sane, I would wait until later to have a better sense of quantities in order before placing this big order but I reaaaaally want everyone to get their product before (and if possible way before) the promised date of October.
4) Non-slip pad cosmetic tweak: After a few of you have expressed concerns about the black non-slip pad being too visible, we found a way to get it as a translucent silicone pad. We need to do some testing but it should barely be visible on your iPad and should provide great stability for all stand positions.
5) Researching the possibility of adding clear clips as a color option: After I mentioned the possibility of maybe making the clips in clear/transparent plastic for the early short run production, a few people wrote asking if I could make it a new color option for the regular production too. I can't promise it just yet but as soon as the short run tooling is done we'll be doing some experimenting and I'll report back whether it can be done. If it can, I will add the clear "color" as an option you can choose from. In the meantime, please do let me know if this is a color option that sounds appealing to you. If it can be done, it would have the advantage of being very discrete and minimalistic looking.
Thanks again for all your support so far!