About this project
Many triathletes race because of their stories. They race to honor a loved one; feel alive; stay sober; test their limits; beat cancer; feel a sense of peace; or for some other soul-defining purpose. I race for my son, Noah.
The Carrier's Features
- Water-Resistant Swim Compartment: Keeps wet items separate from other gear and serves as a much smaller bag to transport gear to the pool or the open water. Attaches to the main compartment to easily transport everything for a race.
- Core Kit: Holds small/fragile items (e.g., nutrition, sunglasses, etc.) and divides The Carrier into two sections, either horizontally or vertically, providing more flexibility.
- Complete Hydration Holder: Securely stores 1 to 4 water bottles – yes, 4! – for all of an athlete’s hydration needs. Cinches closed for extra stability.
- Stealth Pockets: Located discreetly on the outside and accessible from the inside, these pockets are great for stashing ID, credit cards, a phone, or a lucky charm.
- Shoe/Dirty Laundry (SDL) Bag: Isolates shoes and dirty items from other gear and is also water-resistant.
- Different Size Pockets: Thoughtfully placed inside and outside of The Carrier, each compartment and pocket was designed to make packing and accessing gear – from ear plugs and nutrition to bike and running shoes – easy and efficient.
- Multiple Positions With Double Flap Opening: Opens like a backpack that stands upright on its own or a garment bag laying flat, allowing access to gear, even in tight spaces, like locker rooms or transition areas.
- Light Interior, Mesh Pockets, & Easy-To-Use Zipper Pulls: These features make it easy to access essential items in seconds.
- Compression Straps: Compresses everything and keeps items in place – no searching later.
3 Ways to carry: Grab The Carrier by its top or side handle with one hand, or use the backpack straps and adjustable chest strap for hands-free carrying. The backpack straps have a stealth storage pocket.
Durable & reliable: Sewn from high-quality fabric that’s easy to wipe clean. The hardware, from zippers to pulls and buckles, comes from some of the best manufacturers in the world and follows the same specifications as backcountry backpacks.
A Sample of Our Field Testers' Comments
The Carrier is offered in two colors
Epic Black with Green Interior
Tahoe Blue with Grey Interior
Story38 Alliance Bumper Sticker
Story38 Alliance Kickstarter Limited Edition Swim-Bike-Run T-Shirt
Story38 Alliance Kickstarter Limited Edition AllStar T-Shirt
Story38 Alliance Kickstarter Limited Edition Visor
The funds will be used to procure raw materials and begin manufacturing The Carrier.
Risks and challenges
My team and I have spent a significant amount of time and energy finding the best partners to work with to produce this amazing product.
I have excellent pre-production samples, which is what you see in all of the photos on this page. Even before receiving them, a group of triathletes across the country successfully tested field samples in the real world.
On this journey, I’ve learned that there may be circumstances that affect my timeline and supply chain. If this happens, I pledge to remain transparent with the Story38 Alliance Backer community about the challenges and provide real-time updates.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The Main Compartment (minus the Swim Compartment which is easily detachable) can be used as a carry on for travel. In fact one of our field testers actually asked an airline during a trip. The dimensions of the Main Compartment are: 22 in (L) x 13 in (W) x 9 in (H). The Swim Compartment's dimensions are: 7 in (L) x 14 in (W) x 10 in (H).
Support this project
- (30 days)