Play Stump - The Drinking Game - Wherever You Go
Play Stump - The Drinking Game - Wherever You Go
Portable Stump game. Take your party or tailgate from failed it, to NAILED it!
Portable Stump game. Take your party or tailgate from failed it, to NAILED it! Read more
About this project
It’s Game Day.
Imagine yourself sitting on your tailgate, cold beer on ice in the cooler, chicken grilling and dripping onto the coals, you just confirmed your fantasy team game day roster and you're ready to go. There's a slight crisp breeze in the fall air and there are fans everywhere. Your buddies just arrived in their truck, it's time to tailgate!
Do you break out the pong balls and red cups to play beer pong on the table you forgot to bring? Not in this wind.
How bout that frisbee game with the buckets? Or the bag-throwing game? The wind might play a factor but good luck finding the space to play it on gameday.
You know exactly what game you want to play for today's tailgate: Stump! Your friends are curiously confused and intrigued on how to play the game and where the hell you got a tree stump from. And they stand mystified when you tell them players throw and catch a hammer. Before you know it, you've got half the parking lot coming over to play and you've only played 2 rounds. Good thing you brought plenty of nails... and beer.
The story above has happened to us a bunch of times and let me tell you, playing stump has proved to create some great memories and helped us meet a lot of awesome people along the way. This is why we wanted to create the Travel Stump, so others can share in this amazing experience.
WARNING: THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN KNOW TO ATTRACT SERIOUS TAILGATING ATTENTION!
What is stump and how do I play?
Drink beer, hammer nails, and feel like a MAN. Stump is a drinking game, to play, hammer one nail for each player into the stump. Your objective is to sink the other player's nails but...
you've got to use the 'stump hammer toss' every time you swing, with beverage in hand, otherwise you CAN'T PLAY.
- If your nail is hit, drink.
- If your nail is hit flush with the top of the stump, you're out, finish your beer.
- Whoever has the last nail standing WINS and sets up for the next round, using their surviving nail as a tactical advantage.
- The 3 different tosses give the player different amount of attempts to hit other nails.
- A single backflip is one hit
- Under the leg is 2 hits
- Behind the back is 3 hits. (Try not spilling your beer on this one!)
Why Stump is Great
It's a game that everyone who witnesses it, wants to play.
- Drastically improves drunk hand-eye coordination.
- It can be played inside or outside unlike many drinking games because....
- It is unaffected by wind. Ever try to play beer pong at the beach? Even the slightest wind can screw that game up.
- Fun in large or small groups. Can accommodate up to 20 players at once
- It is great for tailgating, barbecues, graduations, frat parties, or just hanging in the backyard with a bunch of friends
- Everyone aged 21+ will enjoy this game.Unlike Beer pong or flip cup that may seem to immature or “college” to the older crowd, stump is a more “refined” and “manly” game that may attract the “college bro” but also the hardcore tailgater who’s been been at every game since the Cowboys first won the superbowl.
- Builds one's confidence in using hammers. Tim Allen will be very upset if you didn't know how to use one.
- Get some serious likes. Stump guarantees to help create profile-pictures that get more likes than your beach picture.
Jimmy Fallon and Elijah Wood play Stump
Problems with the Regular Fullsize Stumps
- You a lumberjack? Getting a stump is tough, not everyone owns a chainsaw and a truck and can safely, and legally, cut down a tree. Unless you can, and in that case, carry on soldier.
- Good luck finding one. If you’re not cutting your own, you’re probably finding your own which may be rotten and/or full of bugs and/or unevenly cut and/or not tall enough. Our Travel Stumps are evenly balanced and are all at a perfect height of 30 inches high.
- You’re probably breaking the law. If you are cutting your own, not everyone has the legal right to cut down a tree and transport it from the cut site as per DEC regulations in your state!
- Do you even lift? Stumps can weigh 200+ pounds! How can you get that to a tailgate, let alone a party? With ours, its easy to carry, easy to setup, and can quickly be taken down
- No one even knows about it! Something to note: Many people are unaware of the game! 93% of the people we had test the game had never played and 87% had never even heard of it!
Our Product: The Travel Stump
- A Stump Set that can be shipped anywhere in the nation and carried to any event by one person.
- Weighs about the same as a 30 pack of beer.
- Withstands 250 lbs of impact force.
- Takes 3 Seconds to setup or take down.
- Fits in almost every vehicle we've seen.
- Replacement stumps will be available when you run out of space to put nails.
- Leaves the game unaltered and improves where the previous cut-your-own solution was lacking!
- Each Travel Stump will be made from hand cut Southern Yellow Pine. Milled to a perfect flat top and bottom and branded with our logo. We found this wood holds up great to the abuse from constant hits from a hammer and is the cheapest to ship.
- Comes with carrying handle and bottle opener.
- The base is made from powder coated steel and has a locking feature so when it is unfolded your stump will never fold up without your permission.
500 Games of Stump per Set.
That's 2 Football Seasons*
Your travel stump can accomdate up to 2,000 nails per side. So when you fill up one side, just flip it over for the and keep playing on the other side! That’s a lot of games of stump!
Run out of Log?
If you do max out your log, replace it with a new one from us! Each new stump will be $24.99 plus shipping.
As seen in
* Hammer and Nails Not Included
Due to liability, We DO NOT provide a hammer and nails with the Travel Stump. However we recommend the game be played with a fiberglass handled ball-peen hammer and 3"-4" common nails, all available at your local hardware stores or below on Amazon.
30 lbs. of 3.5” Nails at 12D on Amazon - $45 (this many nails will get you enough games to last a few seasons, plus playoffs!)
How’d we get here?
Hardwork, Testing, and Beer.
By working our butts off of course! We created many sketches, technical drawings, and renderings, which resulted in the fabrication of 4 prototypes. Our facebook has “photo trail” of all our sketches and renderings. The different prototypes were used to test different materials, folding mechanisms, and sizes. After making a few design changes, we came up with the perfect formulation of style, functionality, durability, and sex appeal. The next step was bring our design to different manufacturers. With the help of a specialty sawmill and steel manufacturer we will be able to deliver this amazing product to your door, assembled, and ready to play, right out of the box!
What do I get if I back the project?
Scroll to the bottom to check out our rewards or checkout the sidebar!
I don’t want to buy, but I like you guys
If you’re not sure on buying please ask us any questions via kickstarter, tweet at us, or email us. You can also help spread the word by sharing this project online and offline. Stump may not be your thing, it’s ok, but I bet you know some people who’s thing it definitely is! Hint: Just share it on facebook by clicking share under our video! ;)
Photos From Development
See photos from our promotions
Steal Toe shoes
Hammers are heavy and nails are sharp!Ball-Peen Hammers are recommended, especially for new comers.
Enjoy and Drink responsibly
This game should be played at your own risk! We will not be providing a hammer or nails with this set. If you chose to buy a hammer, throw it in the air, and drop it on your foot this is out of our control. Please be careful.
Thanks for viewing!
Risks and challenges
Although our product is nearly complete and we have found manufacturers willing to work with us at a reasonable price, our manufacturing plan can still be perfected. Right now the Stump Company consists of just us, Brendan and Clayton, and we currently still assemble each Stump by hand in our workshop just North of NYC. This is the best method for us at the moment because we can personally control the quality of our product and we enjoy the work. The downfall is we are limited to a capacity of about 500 stumps a month. However we do have the room to expand, our shop is 100,000 sq ft and we have plenty of friends willing to join the company! Another risk is in the wood the Stump is created from. We use real wood for our stumps so each piece is slightly different than the one before it. Wood also dries at an uneven rate, which can cause checking (cracking) if the drying occurs too fast. We are taking the necessary steps to mitigate this risk but it still lingers in the back of our minds. That being said, we are ready for your order and are sure you will love the game of Stump as much as we do!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)