There are so many iPad cases in the market today, almost countless options. So why is the Ergo Book so special? What do we do that really sets us apart? And the answer is very simple: Everything.
- StretchFlex Strap for ergonomic use - Easy for hand grip, presentation and portability
- QuickSpin 360 allows for use in Portrait, Landscape & Typing modes - Rotate your iPad 360 degrees and use it in any way you want without an ugly bezel or thick rotation mechanism
- Frame slides out for easy photo taking - Protects the camera when not in use and keeps the design clean without an unsightly camera hole in the back
- Super-slim design - Offers secure protection and is only 17mm thick!
- Smooth and stain-resistant SatinShell cover - The SatinShell gets its good looks from a custom, high quality polyurethane laminate
- Precision Molded and secure fitting frame - Keeps your iPad secure and easy to put in and take out
- Sleep/Wake magnet function - Conserves battery
TUAW -- Looks like it will be a winner for both iPad Air and iPad Mini owner.
Beta News -- Unfortunately, the market is so flooded that it is nearly impossible to impress with a new case. Surprisingly, a company called Acme Made has done just that with the Ergo Book.
AppModo -- “The slide and spin mechanism is genius -- so much so, that you wonder why the big-boys like Logitech and Belkin never thought of it.”
Best Stuff -- The Ergo Book is yet another testament to Acme Made's proven history of providing designed protection for your devices
Pad Gadget -- The real star of the show with the Ergo book is the hidden rotation system that allows you to flip your tablet from portrait to landscape mode with just a turn.
iLounge -- It's the shell's ability to rotate and slide that sets it apart, atcheting every 90 degrees, the iPad holder can slide up and down, enabling the tablet to stand in portrait orientation.
Trend Hunter -- It's a common occurrence that a tablet protector will indeed protect while diminishing usability, but that isn't the case with the Acme Made Ergo Book
The Ergo Book secures your iPad inside a protective frame and allows you to smoothly rotate a full 360 degrees so you can view and share your iPad at any angle. It’s true, a few other iPad cases offer this function today, but none so clean, slim, and effortless as the Ergo Book – and without a large and bulky bezel in the back that ruins the modern and clean aesthetic of the iPad.
The StretchFlex Strap on the Ergo Book makes it effortless for you to view and share your iPad. It’s perfect for presentations or just watching movies on the couch. Some other cases feature a strap, but none has the stretch memory, flexibility and ergonomic qualities as Ergo Book.
The StretchFlex Strap is perfect for taking photos, but we wanted to keep a clean, sleek design throughout the entire case. Our unique design approach was to remove the camera cutout in the back that we feel takes away from the overall case aesthetic. We built in a hidden function on the frame that allows you slide out your iPad and seamlessly shoot photos and video.
With the QuickSpin 360 function, you can use your iPad in typing, landscape and portrait modes with a fast turn of the frame. This feature is so perfect for FaceTime.
What's really incredible about the Ergo Book is how slim and clean we were able to design it considering all the functionality that's built into the streamlined profile. Our dedicated commitment to creating a clean aesthetic inspired us to do everything we could to produce a slim, rotational case that no one said could be done.
Our custom cover has a smooth, soft touch – hence its name: SatinShell. We made sure this elegant solution does more than look pretty – the laminate has properties that resist stains, moisture and abrasion.
The SatinShell is made from a coated and texturized polyurethane fabric that gives the case a high tech, yet satin finish that just feels high quality.
The genuine leather version shown in the "Colors and Styles" section below is made from 100% full grain, soft genuine leather. It feels just fantastic to hold.
Quality and functionality were top-of-mind as we designed the Ergo Book; but so was protection. The precision-tooled, snap-in frame secures your iPad in place so it's protected on all sides. We like to think of it as that extra peace of mind that protects your iPad as you use it at home, work, in a café, or while traveling.
And last, but certainly not least, the Ergo Book includes wake/sleep magnets that save battery life and show we left no stone unturned to design the highest quality, most functional case with a slim and stylish profile.
The Ergo Book comes in three styles shown below. We would possibly be open to more colors if requested by popular demand. Might make a great stretch goal as the project progresses :)
Soft SatinShell Black
Soft SatinShell Grey
Genuine Leather Black
- Compatibility - iPad mini, iPad mini Retina display, iPad Air
- SatinShell Ergo Book Material - Polyurethane Satin Fabric outer casing with Polycarbonate protective inner shell
- Leather Ergo Book Material - 100% Genuine Leather outer casing with Polycarbonate protective inner shell
- iPad mini Ergo Book Dimensions (Metric) - 14 x 1.7 x 20.5 cm
- iPad mini Ergo Book Dimensions (US) - 5.5" x .7" x 8.1"
- iPad mini Ergo Book Weight - 6 oz
- iPad Air Ergo Book Dimensions (Metric) - 17.9 x 1.7 x 24.5 cm
- iPad Air Ergo Book Dimensions (US) - 7" x .7" x 9.6"
- iPad Air Ergo Book Weight - 8 oz
Born out of a passion for design, minimalism, and ergonomics we've been working on this project for over a year designing the uses, selecting the best materials, finding the perfect high-quality components, and carefully vetting partners overseas.
To take this from an idea to a prototype, we spent countless hours designing the unique mechanics of the product and building several iterations of the Ergo Book in our office by hand and testing them until we reached the best possible experience. We have manufacturing partners eager to begin tooling and production overseas, but we need your support!
The money raised by this campaign will allow us to get to our next major development milestones for material procurement, tooling, and mass production. We will make this happen on time!
The following timeline has been quoted and verified by our manufacturing partners and development team.
- Mid June 2014: Kickstarter project funded (Woohoo!)
- Late June: Production kickoff overseas, finalize tooling
- Late July: T1 production samples tested for quality and functionality
- Late August: Golden Sample approved. Mass production kickoff
- Mid September: First product shipment
- Late September: Product arrives to your doorstep
Learn more about Luis at his Linkedin Profile
Learn more about Kevin at his Linkedin Profile
Learn more about Nancy at her Linkedin Profile
And as a final note, we wanted to thank you. Not for backing this project specifically, but for being here. Just by reading this text it shows you're the kind of person who supports dreams. Who supports entrepreneurs. Because of people like you, thousands of projects have been given a chance to come to life and thousands of people have been given the opportunity to pursue their passions... a truly special gift. So for that, just for being the type of person who supports the dreamers, for giving us and others the chance to make our inspirations come to life, whether you pledge for us or not, you have our most sincere gratitude. And we thank you.
Risks and challenges
Risk: Preparing for mass production
Overcoming the Risk: We have been in the case and accessories business for over 10 years and have very strong relationships with several vendors overseas who will surely be able to complete this project on time.
Risk: Quality Assurance
Overcoming the Risk: We make sure to source from only the highest quality manufacturers and design our products using only the highest quality materials. We take extreme pride in the quality of our products and audit and inspect our factories regularly. This project will be no exception.
Overcoming the risk: We currently have detailed quotes from our manufacturer as well as our back end development team as to how long the development of this project will take. Currently, we have no indication that says this project will not be able to deliver on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (26 days)