UNDER THE RADAR IS...
a community that celebrates soul-enriching, well-crafted, faith-inspired music. We are primarily a media ministry, creating videos, podcasts, articles, & albums to connect discerning listeners with artisan-quality songwriters. We also plan special events, fundraisers, concerts, tours, and music festivals. And, oh yeah, UTR is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization as well.
WE ARE MOVING FORWARD WITH A BIG, NEW VISION...
to modify our approach in order to fulfill our mission with today's media consumer in mind. We plan to offer more high-quality video content, a new mobile-friendly website, updated branding, new podcast strategy, and more album compilations. We are hoping to become one of the leading voices in Christian independent music.
YOU ARE BACKING UTR'S CREATIVE RELAUNCH...
and the one-time expenses beyond our normal operational expenses. This campaign will specifically provide the following items that will benefit the whole UTR community:
* A new (good) website is not cheap, but worth every penny because it's the organization's welcome mat. We'll be building a robust and beautiful site worthy of a leading media organization. Plus going mobile-friendly is a much needed change for UTR!
* New branding will help modernize the look and feel of the organization. Good branding is vital in attracting a new audience.
* New video content will be a large-scale strategy for sharing well-crafted music moving forward. On-demand high-quality video is in high demand, and UTR can be a leader for faith-inspired independent music.
* New audio content will continue to be produced, but not within the confinements of a syndicated radio program. Our audio content will be more free-form and might even take some new creative directions.
* Our multi-artist compilation albums are the #1 way people are interacting with UTR - even more than our radio show - according to a May 2016 survey. This campaign will help us launch FIVE new NoiseTrade-style compilation albums.
* Stage 1 of launching a 24-hour music channel begins with research and development, including possible equipment upgrades. This campaign will get the ball rolling on seeing this long-term dream fulfilled.
HERE'S THE BREAKDOWN ON FUNDING OUR CREATIVE RELAUNCH:
AND IF THE GOAL IS EXCEEDED...
things get even more interesting. Introducing two stretch goals!
STRETCH GOAL #1 - $17,700+
If we exceed this stretch goal, UTR will produce a tribute album honoring the late, great Rich Mullins (2017 will be the 20th anniversary of his passing), featuring remakes of Rich's music by UTR artists. Every Kickstarter backer (level 3 & up) will receive a free download of the album when complete (target August 2017).
STRETCH GOAL #2 - $20,000+
If we exceed this stretch goal, UTR will use the funds to turn 1/2 of the office space at UTR into a mini video studio, where many future UTR interviews and live performances can be filmed.
Under The Radar Radio is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. According to IRS Regulations, no gift or services can be exchanged for a tax-deductible donation. Therefore, funding in exchange for a reward tier does not qualify for a tax write-off, however all funds will be directed into the non-profit ministry. To make a tax-deductible donation to UTR, please visit www.supportUTR.com. [Making a pledge "without a reward" at the top of the page does qualify as a tax-deductible donation!]
Risks and challenges
As with every Kickstarter campaign, we must reach 100%+ of the goal to receive a single penny of funding... it's all or nothing. Honestly, our biggest risk is that a successful campaign gives folks the feeling that UTR is no longer in need of new financial support. As a non-profit organization that has NO government funding, we rely on the generosity of ministry supporters (YOU!) to survive, grow, and thrive. While the Kickstarter funding can help us pay for the above-and-beyond expenses that go with implementing our vision strategy, these funds do not support our operational expenses. We hope that our need for sustaining support is not lost if we have a successful Kickstarter campaign.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)