* Updated on 11-20-13 @ 2:00pm EST
Over the past 10+ years, Acheson Creations has become a household name in high-quality, inexpensive tabletop wargaming terrain. All of our terrain is designed and produced in house. Our largest non-Historical line of gaming terrain is our Fantasy range that already consists of 100+ items. With this Fantasy Worlds project, we hope to delve into new and fantastic frontiers while expanding our existing line, all at an extreme savings to you.
First up, we’re offering three new Mushroom Clumps. Over the years, our various giant mushroom pieces have sold very well so it is time we offer additional variety. These mushroom clumps are perfect for building a mushroom forest for your elves or gnomes to live in. They’re also perfect for young children to hide in when on the run from a certain Queen of Hearts. Each clump features a variety of heads that can be attached to whichever stem you choose.
We’re also offering a Mushroom House perfect if your character is an old hag or hermit wishing to live out his or her remaining years in solitude. The giant mushroom house would also make a fantastic dwelling if you’re a diminutive, blue-skinned woodland creature constantly hiding from the evil sorcerer and his feline companion.
And don't think the little blue dudes are the only ones to get a hovel... for all you pixies out there, check out the shiny Apple House for only $16.00 on the Pixie level (see Update #4 for more photos and details).
Don't care for Pixies or Gnomes? Check out our Orc Thatch, Mud & Timber House (FAS161) for $18.00. This new pledge level is for new supporters and is also available as an Add-On. And, for those of you pledging at the Master Defender or Warlord levels, this Orc house can be swapped in place of the Apple House.
Next up, we’re offering two monsters from our Kaiju Kaos line. Whether your character is a pulp adventurer, an aspiring filmmaker, or a dame in distress, beware of Kongo the Giant Ape. Kongo is a one-piece urethane plastic casting and comes with a sculpted 4-inch-diameter base.
If giant apes aren’t your thing, check out Ragnarokk the Rokk Monster! He comes with an integral 5-inch-diameter base and will likely tower over most of the tabletop. Ragnarokk is sure to be able to take on nearly anything in his path and destroying him will certainly earn your character a pile of gold pieces and experience!
Kongo the Giant Ape and Ragnarokk the Rokk Monster are both sculpted by Cline A. Siegenthaler (www.redgremlin.com) and produced by Acheson Creations.
For all of you Hogwarts-hopefuls out there, be sure to check out our Crystal Skulls! Each 3-inch-diameter skull will fit nicely in the palm of an adult hand and/or look magical as a centerpiece of your roleplaying game table. Each Crystal Skull is solid and is cast in a durable translucent plastic that allows us to dye it in a variety of colors. For this project, we’re offering blue, green, purple, red, and yellow options. If you’re not into color, check out the glass-like Clear Crystal Skull!
Whether you intend to use them as a point of contention in a tabletop skirmish or as fantastic accessories for your cosplay costume, our Crystal Skulls will not disappoint and will amaze your fellow adventurers.
Unfortunately none of the photos do the skulls justice, but take our word for it when we say these Crystal Skulls will definitely catch the eye of the beholder and sparkle in the light.
Our initial project offerings are rounded out with the Bridge of Sorrows. This 19-inch-long bridge is ideal for playing games that take place in the dark and enchanted forest or in Cthulhu’s domain of R’lyeh. Whether your character is heeding the Lovecraftian Call or is readying to encounter dark elves or trolls in a forbidden realm, the Bridge of Sorrows is an amazing sight to see! Just don’t lose your sanity while crossing it!
Additionally, if you need more mushrooms to provide cover, break line of sight, and possible throw at unsuspecting foes... check out our MUSHROOM FOREST pledge level. For $50.00 you can get fourteen (14) different items from our existing mushroom terrain and accessories.
Thank you for checking out our Fantasy Worlds Kickstarter. As you can see in the introductory video and photos, most of the initial items are already underway and by the end of this campaign, all the masters will be ready to mold. Your support will enable us to take these new designs and put them into production. And as the video suggests, if we reach our goal we have a variety of Stretch Goals in mind including more terrain and more monsters. Pledge today!
Everyone at the Master Mage, Defender, Master Defender and Warlord levels will receive one (1) Crystal Bridge for Free as part of their pledge. Please message me with your color choice.
Designed for use with 28mm miniatures (although it would work for smaller or larger scale as well), this bridge set is comprised of 5 pieces of solid, nearly transparent, resin and measures 14.5 inches long when assembled.
More photos available in Update #2
Everyone at the Master Defender and Warlord levels (or $200.00 pledge equivalent) will receive one (1) Oriomnizoa the Pestilence Monster (kk0626) for Free as part of their pledge.
Stretch Goal #2: Oriomnizoa the Pestilence Monster is sculpted by Cline A. Siegenthaler (www.redgremlin.com) and comes from our Kaiju Kaos miniatures line. Oriomnizoa is a 6 inch diameter gaping maw perfect to use as a trap, opponent, objective or Hellmouth in your games. Official game stats for Kaiju Kaos will be provided as a PDF from WargameVault.com. More photos in Update #5
Cryos the Ice Monster is Unlocked! On Sunday evening (with about 68 hours to go), we hit our goal of 50 Backers and now everyone who pledges $10.00 or more will receive one (1) Ice Monster in a Kickstarter exclusive transparent blue for free! This is the same blue as that the Crystal Bridge, Crystal Skull, and Crystal Box Set are pictured in.
Photos of Cryos the Ice Monster can be found in Updates #10 & #13!
We also Unlocked the Shoe House on Sunday evening! The sculpt is done. Photos of the actual item coming soon!
Skull Tower was Unlocked with just over 2 hours to go in funding this project! Everyone who pledges at the Master Defender or Warlord levels (or $350.00 equivalent in pledges and Add-Ons) will received a Skull Tower as part of their rewards.
All Unlocked Stretch Goal items are now listed as Add-Ons below!
Add-Ons are a great way to get more of what you want and also help us meet our goal.
If you would like to add any of the following items to your pledge, please be sure to include the product code and quantity desired in a Message and I will confirm all Add-Ons once the project is over.
* Please note that these Add-On items are only available to supporters at the $8.00 level or higher.
- AF341: Wigwams (Set of 3) = +$40.00 per set
- FAS12: Shoe House = +$20 each
- FAS20: Skull Tower = +$150 each
- FAS81: Apple House = +$16 each
- FAS113: Green Crystal Box Set = +$40 per set
- FAS114: Red Crystal Box Set = +$40 per set
- FAS115: Clear Crystal Box Set = +$40 per set
- FAS116: Blue Crystal Box Set = +$40 per set
- FAS138: Mushroom Clump #3 (Gatherer #3) = +$8 each
- FAS141: Mushroom Clump #2 (Gatherer #2) = +$8 each
- FAS142: Mushroom Clump #3 (Gatherer #1) = +$8 each
- FAS144: Bridge of Sorrows (Cthulhuian) = +$50 each
- FAS145: Mushroom House (Hermit) = +$30 each
- FAS147: Clear Crystal Skull (White Mage) = +$25 each
- FAS148: Blue Crystal Skull (Blue Mage) = +$25 each
- FAS149: Green Crystal Skull (Green Mage) = +$25 each
- FAS150: Purple Crystal Skull (Purple Mage) = +$25 each
- FAS151: Red Crystal Skull (Red Mage) = +$25 each
- FAS152: Yellow Crystal Skull (Yellow Mage) = +$25 each
- FAS153: Clear Crystal Bridge = +$45 each
- FAS154: Blue Crystal Bridge = +$45 each
- FAS155: Green Crystal Bridge = +$45 each
- FAS156: Purple Crystal Bridge = +$45 each
- FAS157: Red Crystal Bridge = +$45 each
- FAS158: Yellow Crystal Bridge = +$45 each
- FAS160: Mushroom Forest (14 pieces) = +$50 per set
- FAS161: Orc Thatch, Mud & Timber House = +$18 each
- FAS162: Purple Crystal Box Set = +$40 per set *NEW ITEM*
- FAS163: Yellow Crystal Box Set = +$40 per set *NEW ITEM*
- FAS164: Ice & Snow (Clear Crystal with white basing) Crystal Bridge = +$45 each (see an example here)
- FAS165: Ice & Snow (Clear Crystal with white basing) Crystal Box Set = +$40 per set *NEW ITEM*
- kk0016: Dead Cyclops, Battlefield Debris = +$20 each
- kk0030: Tomb of Andvari = +$10 each
- kk0314: Bothrea the Tentacle Monster = +$8 each
- kk0402: Rokkjaw = +$15 each
- kk0403: Ragnarokk the Rokk Monster (Hunter #2) = +$30 each
- kk0407: Kodama the Weed Monster = +$25 each
- kk0413: Cryos the Ice Monster = +$10 each *Kickstarter Exclusive Color*
- kk0609: Giant Ice Worm = +$15 each
- kk0610: Giant Clear Ice Worm = +$15 each
- kk0611: Giant Green Ice Worm = +$15 each
- kk0612: Giant Red Ice Worm = +$15 each
- kk0613: Giant Blue Ice Worm = +$15 each
- kk0614: Giant Yellow Ice Worm = +$15 each *NEW ITEM*
- kk0615: Giant Purple Ice Worm = +$15 each *NEW ITEM*
- kk0625: Kongo the Giant Ape (Hunter #1) = +$20 each
- kk0626: Oriomnizoa the Pestilence Monster = +$25 each
Risks and challenges
Acheson Creations has been in the business of making high-quality tabletop terrain since May 2000. Despite our longevity and experience, we are a small company with limited resources and personnel. If this Kickstarter is successful, it will take some time to hand-pour each and every item (and that's after making every mold). We have taken this into consideration and tried to account for the labor time involved in our estimated shipping dates. We will strive to deliver as soon as possible. To counterattack anything negative that might delay us, almost every handmade master design has been finished before this campaign even launched... we're just waiting on your support to pay for the production of our Fantasy Worlds.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)