Liberal Dan Radio 2013 Redux
Liberal Dan Radio 2013 Redux
A live and downloadable left leaning political podcast that covers today's issues with humor and an original point of view.
A live and downloadable left leaning political podcast that covers today's issues with humor and an original point of view. Read more
What is it?
This is the second attempt at a Kickstarter project to fund the Liberal Dan Radio Program through the end of December 2013. Funds collected will help to pay for expenses involved in running the show (including the purchasing of equipment, advertisement, and paying staff and on air talent). The nickname "Liberal Dan" comes from a New Orleans Conservative radio host who gave me that name when I called in to counter the points of him, his callers, and his guests. I would randomly meet people who would be excited that they had just met "Liberal Dan". Several "YOU ARE LIBERAL DAN" exclamations later, I knew I had to do something. I really enjoyed the previous radio show that I had co-hosted and I knew that an internet podcast was the way to go. And after another friend of mine let me on his blogtalkradio.com show, I was hooked.
What have I done so far?
I registered the domain name liberaldan.com. I created pages on Facebook, and account on YouTube and a Twitter account. Finally, I started recording shows on BlogTalkRadio for about a year now. However, I would like to see the show expand.
What are my future goals?
I intend on making this show last well beyond 2013. However, a good start with a Kickstarter campaign will be a great way to enable future success. And who knows, perhaps I will also have a Kickstarter campaign for the 2014 year.
Why should you support Liberal Dan Radio as a listener?
Because I believe that I produce a show that is both informational and entertaining. I have had some very interesting past guests. I have spoken about very serious subjects but we have had fun analyzing the issues. I also like to put some humor into the show by taking a snarky look at the headlines for the week. I mock bigotry and intolerance in the weekly "Words of Redneck Wisdom" bit. As the show grows I will be able to produce more funny bits that go right along with the news and opinions. I will also interject some random items from time to time (like sports, gaming, and other various topics). But don't just take my word for it. The podcasts are available on iTunes for download or they can be downloaded from blogtalkradio.com. Listen to a few shows and you might just like what you hear.
Why should you buy commercial advertising or a sponsorship?
Because the show is a live show and a podcast, your commercials do not just play when the show is live. They will also play whenever anyone downloads the podcast and listens to it. There is no limit to the number of times that your commercial could be heard. Also, the show is just starting and will grow with time. Your business will have the opportunity grow with it. Finally, any "per show" or "per hour" advertising or sponsorship gained as a backing reward for this year will allow you to renew for at least next year at the same pro-rated rate (as this ad buy is for 3 months and next year is 12).
How do the reward levels work?
All reward levels contain only what is stated and do not contain items from lower reward levels unless explicitly stated in the reward or in via a stretch goal. If you want a t-shirt/bumper sticker and an advertising package, just choose the advertising rate level and add the cost for the other reward level to it.
Some rewards say "hour" and others say "show". What is the difference?
A show can take place once per day. However, a show could contain multiple hours. Currently the show airs once a week for an hour.
Why do the 2nd hour and beyond sponsor levels cost much more?
It is to make sure that I would have enough money to cover the costs involved to do the show full time.
Are there Stretch Goals?
In a word: YES!
50 shirts: I intend on using cafe-press to fulfill my t-shirt orders (However that could change if a better alternative arises). Once 50 shirts are ordered I will improve the quality of the shirt from a "value" t-shirt to a standard white t-shirt. This will also enable orders of XLT/2XLT/3XLT.
100 shirts: If 100 shirts are ordered, I will throw in a bumper sticker with each shirt order.
Risks and challenges
Risks and challenges include:
1) Production of bumper stickers and t-shirts will be done by a third party. The required time to make the items, have them shipped to me, and then repackaging them to be shipped back out to you all depends on their production time. Of course, I will keep everyone notified of the production schedules as applicable.
2) The creation of commercials requires both parties to come to an agreement on any background music (to make sure it is pod safe) and on the content (to make sure it is both g-rated and takes the appropriate time). The commercial should also sound good. The amount of time it could take to complete the commercial will depend on all those issues. I also have final say on if the commercial (or banner advertising on the website) is suitable to be played on air (or placed on the website). There is a month between the end of the Kickstarter and the start of when your ads will officially run. If the commercial is created prior to October I may even start running them early.
3) Vacations, holidays, sick time and technical difficulties (including weather events that prohibit me from connecting to the internet) can interfere with the operation of the show. If you are buying a set number of commercials this will not affect you. But in the event that a show is missed, for any reason, reasonable attempts will be made to reschedule the show or to increase commercial time given in future shows. But there may be weeks where the show does not air (like on Thanksgiving Day and November 7th). By purchasing advertising time "per show" or "per hour" you understand that you only get commercials when the show would air.
4) Any reward level that gives you banner advertising on Liberaldan.com will require the reward recipient to deliver the image to me before I can display it on liberaldan.com. There will be no placeholders until that graphic arrives.
5) Any sponsorship, advertisement or banner ad placement will expire on 12/31/2013 unless an agreement is reached otherwise to extend the arrangement.
- (52 days)