Episode 25: Gen Con!! AEGIS on the Boat
Summary of today's update:
- AEGIS is proofed, ordered, printed and paid for. And now about to be put on the boat to America, where it will be fulfilled to all of you lovely people, finally. Expected fullfillment date is September.
- We have nice pictures and videos of the final copies below
Furthermore, we are at Gen Con this week, and will have the game for backer pickup and also a limited number of copies for sale!
- We also have some fabulous cross-promotions and deals for those going to Gen Con too!
LET'S JUMP INTO IT
The Final Version
IT'S GEN CON TIME
1. The Booth: 3060
Our booth is going to be a hub of joy and wonder. We will be demoing the game there nonstop throughout the weekend, showing off the production copies of the game!
2. Backer Pick-Up and Sales
The 42 Deluxe boxes are exclusive to backers/preorder folks and will not be sold to anyone else. Any we have remaining after the con will we sent out backers, with VIPs taking priority. This is also similar for 6-Player mats, where we only have <10 available for the general public and the rest on us are for backers.
- At Gen Con, the price of the core box + expansion deck + 6player mat is >$95, compared to the $79+free shipping deluxe pledge (for the number crunchers out there)
3. The Convention Promo
Designed to be a version of Ellgelion that represents it first being formed, this robot features an experimental comeback mechanic. Scrap Awakening is a twist on Scrap Combining, and it allows you to bust this robot out when you're on the ropes, using any destroyed robots as materials to create it. This makes a normally-unwieldy robot much simpler to combine into, though it is much less versatile than the other versions in the box. Similar to other 'variant robots', this card uses the game piece for the normal, in-box robot of the same name. Like other promo cards, this robot doesn't have a normal card back and isn't legal in tournaments (or playable in Draft)
For those who want this super cool thing but never make it out to conventions, don't fret, we'll have it available online and for backers at some point in the future.
4. The Deals
- The Coupon: A limited number of people who purchase the game at Gen Con and show us our coupon in the coupon book get a free dice pack or expansion deck. Spicy indeed - a necessary draw for folks considering our very out-of-the-way booth.
- Pigment+AEGIS+Cheese Weasel: Those who are participating in Cheese Weasel's annual ConQuest scavenger hunt will have exclusive right to buy Copper Frog Game's Pigment from us, which we've also worked on. Those who buy both Pigment ($15) and AEGIS ($50) can get get the pair for $60
- And lastly...
Story Again on Delay
In the desert to the south, Stell and Gamound are face-to-face with the first level four robot to awaken in the war, the berserk Ellgelion. What fate awaits this battlefield? Find out next update, I promise.
Meanwhile, reacquaint yourself with the characters of the AEGIS story here.
Wish us luck at Gen Con, it is most certainly going to be a fast and furious week after an exhausting stretch of preparation.