Episode 24: Printing Begins + Summer Tournament!
We're already into June! Time really melts away. This was supposed to be a quick follow-up, but it's a bit meatier. Let's run it through!
- THE GAME HAS ENTERED PRODUCTION! More details below, but since the last update, we've received and approved everything and it's coming! Yay!
- The timeline is now: Game finishes production in July. Game gets on boat. Game is in US in August. Game shipped to you by August/September, depending on how long boat takes.
- Backers at Gen Con may be able to pick up their copies there, as we are getting a small amount shipped over by plane (expensive and infeasible for all the copies sadly)
Before we get into production, we've announced signups for. the Summer AEGIS Tournament!
Summer AEGIS Tournament: Open to All!
It's open to everyone wants to participate, demo files or no demo files. Just have Tabletop Simulator for Steam and a working computer!
- It's a Point Control tournament (see the rulebook) - details also in the signup form!
- There is also an interest signup for a 2v2 tournament, and if there is enough interest, we will hold that tournament later in the season!
- It will be like the Spring Tournament where pairings are made and matches are worked out between players on their own schedule.
- We are still hammering out structure and prizes, but we are leaning away from last time's single-elimination structure.
- The tournament will begin after Origins (June 20th or so).
Everything regarding the core game is done. Not only is it done, none of it can be changed! Pencils down until 2nd Edition, folks.
The tray is finished. Long live the tray! A day or two after the last update, we received both tray samples in the mail, and immediately jumped on both of them. The winner was almost immediately clear, and it's with great sadness that we must say that last update's green tray did not work. It was fancy, but ultimately both too small and too tall. The original design that was rejected ended up fitting the box and all components perfectly.
Check it out!!
Custom Dice + Standee Bases
New Tabletop Simulator Demo
With the completion of the game, we've also put together a new TTSim Demo with updated cards, pieces, teams, etc. We'll be sending that out to backers via email today.
Gen Con Events almost full
If you're heading to Gen Con, we have a bunch of games open across the whole weekend. Nearly all of them have exactly 1 or 2 slots left (of 6), plus tournaments for those who want to compete for some cool stuff! Test your mettle (metal)!
Sign up here!
AEGIS Story: The Big Recap and the New Wiki
Last time on AEGIS was quite a doozy. Etwal got mad, Diane shot her gun a lot, and Ainer is really done with this proletariat hero role he's gotten himself into. Before we go into the climax, we've done something cool: actually compiled all of AEGIS' stories thus far onto a handy Wiki page!