Thank You To All Robot Fans Everywhere!
You were the Key to Victory.
Follow updates on the game at these places:
- AEGIS Facebook Page!
- Our Twitch Page where we do streams and open Q&A every week!
- AEGIS Twitter!
- Zephyr Workshop Website!
Zephyr Workshop is proud to bring you A.E.G.I.S., the premier tabletop game of combining robot combat! It’s a fast-paced, team building strategy game, where your squad of five giant combining robots fight as one united front. Build your squad from dozens of options in 5 different classes (Assault, Evasive, Guard, Intel, Support) to destroy your opponents!
So what are you waiting for?
Build your team, combine your robots, FIGHT AND UNITE!
There are five different classes of fighting robot, each one full of incredible potential!
They fight as one, combining their powers and their forms into massive fighting machines! You must choose wisely and command them in battle to defeat your opponents!
- In A.E.G.I.S., you build a team of five robots to destroy your opponent’s team of five, selected from dozens! Each robot has a piece you move around the battlefield, and a card that tells you what it does!
- BUILD YOUR TEAM - Assemble a team of five robots out of the five different Classes! Build around the strategy you want to use! Each Class of robots has unique powers and strategic options. An aggressive team could be built from Assault and Evasive robots, but a more long-range and defensive team could be made of Guard and Support types. Which Classes you use defines the way you play, and there are infinite possibilities!
- YOUR ROBOTS SHARE ENERGY - Each robot on your team produces and shares Energy with the others. Energy is used for moving and attacking, where each space moved costs 1 Energy, and each die rolled costs 1 Energy. Simple, right? The various Classes of robots consume and produce Energy differently! Assault robots consume a lot with their attacks, but Guards don’t! Evasive robots don’t provide a lot of Energy, but Supports can! Build teams that manage Energy effectively to be the best!
- GATTAI YOUR ROBOTS TOGETHER - The most important aspect of team building is how your robots Combine with one another. Combining your robots is your main way to change strategies in mid-combat.If you have an A-Class and an S-Class, they can combine into an AS-Class, allowing for more power and versatility. Add an I-Class to that and you have an AIS Class, a robot that's even more independently powerful! If your whole team is compatible, combine them all together into an AEGIS Class robot!
WIN! Out-strategize your opponent and incapacitate their robots!
FIGHT AND UNITE again and again using the dozens of robots to construct new and exciting strategies across multiple different game modes for 2-6 players!
(Assets Pictured Below are Prototype Assets - See the original video on Initiative Tabletop's YouTube Channel!)
Got Tabletop Simulator for Steam? Well, you can try the game out right now! Fight as the intrepid hero Ainer or the staunch general Gamound in this 2-player demo!
The Five Nations of Sigaea are deadlocked in a bitter war. A special few across the world have discovered and unlocked the ability to synchronize with powerful, long-forgotten robots, and now the Five Nations are in an arms race to see who will be the first to combine into an omni-powerful AEGIS-Class robot and shift the balance of power!
If you're in the US or are backing at $79 or above, shipping is calculated in your pledge, so you can simply back A.E.G.I.S. and wait for it to arrive on your door step! We wanted to make this as simple as possible for you, so no stressing after the Kickstarter about shipping fees.
We're working with FulfillRite who has a history of delivering games on time and in great condition.
You can expect A.E.G.I.S. on your doorstep in January 2018 at the latest. Simply back and wait, play on Tabletop Simulator if you have a copy!
Hey (and welcome back!) We're Zephyr Workshop, and we created this awesome robot smashing game. A.E.G.I.S. It's been years of hard work from very many talented people.
We love strategy games, and noticed there was a severe lack of combining robots and simple strategy games. We decided to change that, and create the experience we wanted to play - to great praise! When we started creating this game, we set out with these clear goals:
- Make a wargame/strategy game with simple rules, affordability and fast playtime.
- Make a game that appeals to those who don't normally play tabletop games, but enjoy titles like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars and X-Com
- Make a turn-based strategy tabletop game that evoked the feeling of explosive combining robot combat
- Build an aesthetic from scratch and not just recolorize existing popular things
We believe (and so do the fans!) that we have succeeded!
A.E.G.I.S. has been in development since 2013 -- Initially as a senior capstone project at Becker College and then as a self-published title which was in print through 2014 and early 2015, and then toured the country with Greenbrier Games through 2016! It's been a saga. The game has been played with hundreds and hundreds of people at events across the country, and it has evolved over time to be more streamlined, accessible, and content-robust.
Fans have seen the game at PAX East, Gen Con, BoardGameGeek.CON, Templecon, Game Developer's Conference, the Boston Festival of Indie Games, and North East Comic Con, among many others. Over the last couple of years they have watched A.E.G.I.S. evolve into what it is today.
It can't be understated that A.E.G.I.S. has been a pure passion project. We didn't set out to build a game, we set out to build an IP. We wanted a world with a distinct style all its own, that still would be familiar enough to pull at the heartstrings of everyone everywhere who loves fighting Super Robots. From Power Rangers to GaoGaiGar, Gurren Lagann to Voltron, Medabots to Evangelion, to G Gundam to Getter Robo, and everything in between - this is it. This is the definitive tabletop game about explosive combining robot combat... and we put everything we had into it.
Zephyr Workshop, an independent game company based out of Worcester, MA, is comprised of alumni from the Becker College and MassDiGI Interactive Media Design program. It is the only two-year winner of Start-Up Worcester, and strives to build distinct IPs with unique worlds and characters across several mediums, along with contracting design and art services to clients.
Daniel Zayas is the most awesome consultant ever and helped us put this page and campaign together.
While not directly involved with this campaign, Greenbrier has helped us a ton and this game wouldn't be anything it looks like to today without their support. The effort of Jeff, Zach, Walter and the gang laid a lot of foundations for us to succeed here. Stephen Gibson (Grimslingers) did some great art for us, seen in the top image of this campaign! They are great people it's a shame we had to make a logisitcal split.
We have worked with numerous freelance artists to bring this game's world to life. From Maung Thuta, who did the art for several robots and the board and splash illustrations, to Daniel Olsen who did amazing work illustrating and designing our Commanders, and Andrew Kim who drew some beautiful backgrounds and brought the world of AEGIS to life. Kenny Howell and Dan Greene came in with some heavy graphic design assists, and many of the assets and web images you see are contributed to by them. And then Emily Hancock comes in with touch ups, color adjustments and motion graphics.
Risks and challenges
Risks and challenges
A.E.G.I.S. has been in development for three years and we’re ready for Kickstarter! With Zephyr Workshop’s enthusiasm, passion, and experience, we’re ready to combine into complete awesomeness!
The game design is fully complete, so when the campaign ends we can begin the production process. There is the possibility of circumstances beyond our control going wrong, shipping could be delayed from production, or something could get lost in the mail.
We’ll keep you updated with any major milestones of the project, production and delivery. If you have any questions you can always contact us via this Kickstarter page, email or in person.
Why we need you:
A.E.G.I.S. exists because there is a huge lack of combining robots in board games. Everything started as a group of friends who realized this tragedy and decided to combine and create a game around a medium we love.
We’ve been pouring our souls, sparks, oil, and parts into the game for over three years because we know there are more fans out there who want what we do-- more robots! Lend us your power to help us get the game in retail stores!
Help us spread the awesomeness of combining robots! Fight and Unite!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)