About this project
Fields of Green takes place in the middle of the 20th century. Players take the role of farm owners trying to expand their property and business. By adding fields, livestock and facilities they build an economic engine that will bring them closer to victory.
Fields of Green is played over four rounds (years) during which players draft cards and add them to their ever expanding farms. At the end of each year comes the harvest season where they must water their fields, feed their livestock and pay maintenance costs, in order to receive valuable resources that will allow them to further expand in the next year.
Through various means, players eventually convert their wealth to Victory Points and the player who has gathered the most when the game ends, is the winner.
Fields of Green is designed by Vangelis Bagiartakis, designer of Among the Stars and Dice City.
Review from Rahdo
The Fields of Green rulebook can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
To include any add-ons to your pledge, please click on the "Manage your pledge" button on the top right corner of this page. Increase your total pledged amount to include any add-ons you would like to receive.
By the end of the campaign you will be asked to fill a survey where you will inform us which add-ons you have added in your order.
The game features illustrations from the following artists:
Tomasz Jedruszek (box cover)
Naomi Robinson (location cards, equipment)
Grzegorz Bobrowski (location cards)
Gong Studios (location cards)
Please back this project only after taking the following information into account.
The published product may have differences regarding sizes, quantities, colors and layout because of production limitations and/or adjustments.
Stretch rewards generated through this campaign will be given to all backers free of charge. Keep in mind that these Stretch rewards will not be exclusive and they may become available to acquire in the future at an additional cost.
IMPORTANT: Fields of Green is scheduled to be released at Spiel 2016 in Essen-Germany in October 2016. Note that the only guaranteed way that you will be among the first to get the game, is to select the ESSEN-PICKUP pledge level. Since this is a Spiel 2016 release, several customers and retailers may purchase the game from the fair which means they will get it before our group shipment goes out to backers. However, the Stretch rewards will not be sold to retailers outside of this campaign.
We expect to have the game delivered to backers within December 2016. Please keep in mind though, that there is always the chance of the production and handling process getting delayed for various reasons.
Our current shipping solution DOES NOT offer tracking. From past experience we already know that the percentage of lost items is almost 0%. However, If you require tracking for your order, please contact us at support[at]artipiagames.com and let us know. Please note that you will be requested to pay additional shipping costs since your order will have to be handled separately from our group shipping solution.
All orders will be shipped from Greece. If you have any concerns regarding customs and import taxes for large cost orders, please contact us at support[at]artipiagames.com and we will assist you on that.
In order to keep shipping costs as low as possible, we always try to find the most efficient solutions for mass shipping of games/items. Please note that you may be receiving the games/items you pledged for in more than one package.
Countries with higher shipping cost: We've been having tremendous delivery problems with games shipped to Brazil for which we were not responsible. For that reason we are forced to send packages to Brazil separately from our group shipment. As a result, backers from Brazil will be required to pay additional shipping costs (these extra costs are automatically added to your pledge) to ensure quicker and successful delivery. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Risks and challenges
PAST CAMPAIGN STATUS
1) The Pursuit of Happiness: All games from this campaign have been shipped and backers are receiving them right now.
2) Project: ELITE: Production is complete and games have been delivered to backers at Essen-Spiel 2015, UK Games Expo 2016 and GenCon 2016. All remaining games are currently on their way to two fulfillment centers (one in the UK and one in the US) from where they will be forwarded to backers.
a)UK Fulfillment center will be doing the packing before shipping the games out
b)US fulfillment center will receive already packed boxes that will be forwarded to their final recipients right away.
3) All other Campaigns: All other previous campaigns have been delivered.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE PLEDGING ON THIS CAMPAIGN.
Even though we do our best to ensure a quality product and a fast production, there is always the risk of delays. Supplier shortage, holiday traffic and weather conditions are just a few of the reasons a production could be delayed. Artipia Games should not be held responsible for delays caused by third parties. In addition, some of the items shown might differ from final product due to supplier/manufacturer error.
We've just upgraded our packing solution. From now on we will be using a shipping box of double thickness and bigger size to better accommodate the game box and protect it from any potential harsh treatment.
When dealing with a large number of orders, there is always a chance that errors will occur. If after you receive your order, you find out that there are items missing, please contact us at support [at] artipiagames.com and we will send you the missing items as soon as possible.
If your package arrives damaged, please take a few photos of all damaged items and email them to us at support [at] artipiagames.com. We will send you replacements for the damaged items as soon as possible.
We generally do not offer refunds unless we are completely unable to deliver the project. We will not offer refunds because of delays in delivery or changes/adjustments to the game's components, layout etc. or for damaged components that we are able to replace. We will examine any request for a refund separately and may refund only the cases we feel the request for a refund is justified.
Our current estimation for delivery is December 2016. We are optimistic that this campaign will be delivered sooner than that. However history has shown that no matter how well we plan things, there is always a chance of delays caused by third parties. Please understand that we want your orders to be delivered quickly as much as you do. Please note that some of the promo material may be delivered separately in a later date due to production time needed.
Fields of Green is scheduled to be released at Spiel 2016 in Essen-Germany in October 2016. Note that the only guaranteed way that you will be among the first to get the game, is to select the ESSEN-PICKUP pledge level. Since this is a Spiel 2016 release, several customers and retailers may purchase the game from the fair which means they will get it before our group shipment goes out to backers. Please back this project only after taking this information into account.
If a package is not delivered due to a backer's fault (wrong address given, backer didn't claim the delivered package from their post office, etc), the backer may be requested to pay additional shipping fees for the item to be sent out again.
As soon as this campaign is over, you will be requested to complete a survey through which you can let us know which items you have ordered as well as where you would like us to ship your order to. By keeping in mind that your order may be shipped sooner or later than the estimated date, please give us an address that will surely not change. (If for example you think that you may be moving to a new house around December, please give us the address of a friend or relative to ensure a successful delivery)
Please read the Shipping section above.
Please note that your order may be delivered in multiple packages. This is done due to weight limitations for group shipments. Each game or extras ordered through this campaign will most likely be delivered in a separate package. Even though the items you ordered will be shipped at the same time, there is always a chance they will arrive to you several days apart. This may occur due to each country's postal service sort-and-dispatch system.
Through this campaign you may receive updates on Artipia Games’ other upcoming projects. Such updates will be rare.
BY PLACING A PLEDGE ON THIS CAMPAIGN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THE RISKS & CHALLENGES STATED IN THIS SECTION.
REST ASSURED THAT EVEN IF SOMETHING UNPREDICTABLE HAPPENS, WE WILL DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO DELIVER YOU THE BEST POSSIBLE GAME IN EVERY ASPECT!
Thank you very much,
Although the core of the game is similar in both games (card drafting and spatial element) there are some key differences in this game from Among the Stars:
- No setup time. You just shuffle the 4 piles and can start playing. If you want to add any promos (or if a future expansion is made) you just shuffle the new cards with the rest. There are no Basic / Special locations that require you to set the draw pile in a specific way first.
- No board. Scoring is done at the end of the game. You don't track points after every turn.
- You choose the card types in your starting hand each round. This way, you can make each round feel different and it is also a way to affect (to a degree) what the other players will have access to.
- There is an additional type of abilities, those that trigger at the end of every round (Harvest abilities) provided you are able to pay their Harvest cost. This ended up being a very significant change to the game (bigger than it may sound).
- There is an additional resource (Food) and an additional location associated with it (Silo).
- Resource management. In Among the Stars, every round you get 10 credits and the challenge is on how to spend them in the most efficient way - usually you don't care about generating more money because you will get more next round. In Fields of Green, you have to manage your resources (money and food) carefully and make sure that you can generate enough of them at the end of the round, to make it through the next one.
- The scope of the game is different. In Among the Stars the goal was always to maximize your points. In this one, if you want to win, you must build an effective engine: Generate Water through Water Towers, use it to water your Fields and generate Food. Use that Food to feed your animals, generating money, and use that money to build expensive Buildings that provide you with many points. Choosing each round a card based solely on the points it provides won't cut it.
Support this project
- (28 days)