About this project
This is a Kickstarter campaign for the Euro Edition of Chimera Station, the game of space station construction in which genetic experimenting on aliens is not only allowed but strongly encouraged in order to win!
Our goal is to develop a Euro Edition of the game with language independent module tiles, game board and player boards, and rules translations in as many European languages as possible. In order to do so, we need funds and translators to design the right iconography and translate the rulebook and the perk cards.
To add a pledge level for your language in this Kickstarter campaign, go to ourBoardGameGeek poll and vote for your language. As soon as we get to 10 votes for any given language we will create the associated pledge level. Voting on BGG will be closed on April, 20th.
In case we reach 50 backers for your language, then that language is unlocked and we will deliver it to all backers of this language.
English, German, French and Dutch are unlocked languages, even without 50 backers, as we've received enough intrest from distributors for these languages.
If a language has less than 50 backers at the end of the campaign (and it's not German, French or Dutch), we will deliver you the English version. (Of course it's always possible to cancel your pledge before the end of the campaign if you don't want an English version.)
Do you think you would be a good translator? Don't hesitate to send us a message!
Inside the box you will find:
Each Euro Edition will have all language dependent components in up to 4 languages in 1 box. Here's an example of 8 of the redesigned Modules:
Here's what they all symbolise (Clockwise from top left):
- Autosurgeon: Pay 2 coins to attach any 1 component from the supply to this worker.
- Covert Cloning: Gain 1 component from the supply for each worker in the worker lounge.
- Dispatch Station: Recall one of your workers. Workers here cannot be recalled or displaced.
- Medical bay: Trade 1 unattached component from your supply for any 2 components.
- Underground Lab: Detach any number of components from this worker. Advance on the research track for each component detached.
- Catering Service: Copy the effect of an occupied module. Pay food equal to the point value of that module.
- Symposium: Gain 1 food. Gain 1 additional food for every 2 levels of research you have achieved.
- Shopping Center : Gain 2 coins per worker on adjacent modules.
Chimera Station is a game for 2 to 4 players which will take 60 to 90 minutes to play. It is easy to learn but hard to master.
Players have five rounds to build the Space Station, which would be nearly impossible if they were using regular alien workers. Thankfully extra tools to enhance the aliens are at hand: brains, tentacles, claws and leaves.
Each round is made up of three phases:
- The placement phase, where workers are assigned various tasks or prepared for splicing.
- The splicing phase, where prepped workers are upgraded with new genetic components and then sent to fulfill one of the leftover tasks available.
- The feeding phase, in which workers are rewarded with food (space hamburgers).
So how does this "splicing" work? Let's listen to someone educated in the matter ...
If you want to find out more about the game, feel free to download the full rules (in English) by clicking on the link below. This rulebook does not have the language independent components that will be in the final product.
There is also an opportunity to play the game on Tabletopia:
For those of you who prefer a visual aid when discovering new games we have this great video by Rahdo from Rahdo runs through.
So far for the how to play. Let's listen to some people who already played the game!
Here's what Man vs Meeple thinks about the game:
Final thoughts on the game by Rahdo (Rahdo runs through):
And UndeadViking did a great review as well:
All of the above reviews were made based on the prototype of the original TMG retailer version of the game. Components will vary in the Euro Edition. The module tiles will be made language independent with clear icons.
We think of the unlocking of the languages as our stretch goals. Once we reach 50 backers for any given language, production is unlocked and the language will be included in the Euro Edition.
Probably some or most of you were expecting some kind of extra components or mini-expansions or the likes? We're afraid those were lost in some black hole along the way so we will not be doing any of those.
Why is this great news? It means we will be able to deliver the game to you at a good price (MSRP will be €55) and in time. The estimated delivery date is September 2017.
LANGUAGE UPGRADE KIT
Some European citizens backed the American Edition by Tasty Minstrel Games in 2016. As requested by some of those backers, we provide a language upgrade kit. Basically this is exactly the same box, but without the plastic meeples. Provided we reach enough backers for their language, people who choose this reward, will receive a box in their language with:
- Translated rulebook
- Translated perk cards
- Language independent module tiles
- Language independent gameboard
- Language independent player mats
- The cardboard food and money tokens (as they are part of the same punchboards)
In the pledge manager (after the KS campaign), you will be asked to choose your language. You'll have the choice between all the languages that we reached at least 50 backers for.
Shipping cost of the language upgrade kit is the same as the shipping cost of the regular rewards and will be added in our pledge manager.
The Supernova pledge level might deserve a bit more love and attention than the small block of text in the pledge level bar on the right hand side.
By pledging at this level you will get the following:
- One copy of Chimera Station - Euro Edition in your language. In case your language doesn't get produced this becomes an English copy.
- one copy of ALL our funded future Kickstarter games (at base pledge level).
- Our galactic gratitude for supporting us and having faith in the future of our company.
The shipping cost for Chimera Station - Euro Edition is included in the Supernova pledge level. The shipping cost of your future rewards is not.
Shipping is not included in your pledge level (except for Supernova pledge) and will be added in the pledge manager after the campaign has ended.
We decided to do just three different rates:
- Pick-up at one of our pick-up points: FREE
- Belgium: €5
- Rest of Europe: €7
Please note that we will not ship outside of Europe.
Taxes: As we ship from the European Union, there will be no import taxes or handling costs for EU backers. Backers from European countries outside of the European Union (Russia, Turkey, Ukrain, etc) have to take into account that import taxes may be applicable and are to be fulfilled by the backer.
Group pledges: If you want to do a group pledge, just multiply the right amount by the number of copies you wish to order. Shipping will only be added in the pledge manager for 1 copy.
Do you represent a board game store (brick & mortar) or board game club? Then Game Brewer probably wants you as a pick-up point. Contact us for more information on the special offer we can give you.
We already have some pick-up points but are aiming at having more all over Europe. This is the current list of all possible pick-up points:
- Board game store de Kolonisten (Turnhout)
- Board game store Worlds' End Comics (Gent)
- Board game club Spelen op Zolder (Zedelgem)
- Board game club de Pionisten (Vichte)
- Board game club de Spelhamels (Beerse)
- Event: Spellenfestival (October 1st, Bilzen)
- Event: Spiel '17 (hall 2) (October 26th-29th, Essen)
- Event: Ducosim Zomerbeurs (September 23rd, Amersfoort)
- Event: Spellenspektakel (November 11-12, Eindhoven)
- Board game store Dungeon Marvels (Barcelona)
We have special deals for retailers who want to stock Chimera Station - Euro Edition and order before the end of this campaign.
And we have very special deals for retailers that want to become one of our pick-up points in Europe.
Register on www.gamebrewer.com and find out more about our special offers.SaveSave
Risks and challenges
We learned a lot from our first project, Pixie Queen, which will reach our backers in June. A lot of things we did not anticipate to take as long as they did eventually led to delays. It was our maiden voyage. We learned. We will do our utmost best to avoid the same obstacles and deliver our future projects in time.
Chimera Station (deluxe edition) was already Kickstarted late 2016 by Tasty Minstrel Games (TMG). We would like to point out that this Kickstarter campaign is not associated in any way with TMG's Chimera Station's Kickstarter campaign.
Game Brewer acquired the exclusive rights for the retail version of this great game for the whole of Europe and this campaign is intended to assess in which languages we should produce the game and collect funds to develop language independent components.
The games themselves will be produced in Europe, with the exception of the plastic components which will be produced by Panda Games in China.
Feel free to ask us any questions you might have, we will make sure to answer you asap.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (27 days)