What is Diffusion: Unconventional Photography?
Diffusion is an independent annual that highlights and celebrates unconventional photographic processes and photo related artwork. Diffusion strives to spotlight artists pushing the boundaries of traditional photographic processes as well as introducing new and innovative voices through articles, interviews, and image galleries.
Described as ‘a wonderful bundle of inspiration,’ Diffusion is supported by an audience of photographers, gallery directors, educators and art enthusiasts worldwide.
We have successfully published three volumes since 2009 and are going to press with volume IV, Spring 2012. Diffusion is produced, printed (offset press) and bound in Portland Oregon. See what we've done so far.
What is the purpose of this fundraiser?
- HARDBOUND EDITION: The intention here is to create a hardcover edition of our 2012 annual. The edition will be ad free around 96 pages, full color offset, hardbound with dust jacket.
- THE DELUXE EDITION WITH PRINTS: Our four featured artists have graciously donated limited edition prints specifically for this project. The Deluxe Edition will include the hardbound edition coupled with four 8"x10" prints from each of our featured artists — nicely packaged in an archival box. The limited edition prints are signed and numbered by Jennifer B. Hudson, John Chervinsky, Leah McDonald, and Jim Leisy. See image details below.
What does the funding go toward?
Most of the funding will go toward production, printing, and binding of our special edition books. 10% will go toward our featured artist print costs. Approximately 15% will go toward fundraising fees and merchandise.
We are honored to have Luz Gallery in Victoria, BC hosting the Diffusion Annual Exhibition in July and we will use this opportunity to celebrate the launch of the Deluxe Editions. If we exceed our funding goal, some of the funding will go toward offsetting the artists' shipping costs to Victoria for the event.
This fundraiser is not intended to fund the soft cover version of Diffusion, Volume IV. The annual will go to press as usual and is not dependent on this project. That said, if we do meet and exceed our goal, a portion of the extra funding will go directly to printing the magazine.
What is in the book?
FEATURED ARTISTS (profiles and portfolios)
- Jennifer B Hudson by Jennifer Schlesinger
- John Chervinsky by Aline Smithson
- Leah McDonald by Polly Chandler
- Jim Leisy by Blue Mitchell
- Exploring the Muse: Susan Kae Grant, Ken Rosenthal and Polly Chandler by Susan Burnstine
- Transient Reflections and Fixed Impressions: Thoughts on the Physical Photograph in a Digital Age by Jeffrey Baker
- Abstract Photography by Ryan Nabulsi
THE MUSE JURIED GROUP SHOWCASE
BOOK REVIEWS AND MORE
Visit the website to see the full contents.
Prints in the Deluxe Edition
Print from the "Medic" series by Jennifer B Hudson T.B.A. View the series here.
See more work by Louviere+Vanessa here.
BLUE MITCHELL PRINT
View larger images here.
- (30 days)