Lanikai Brewing Company mission:
To create a wide variety of flavorful, premium, handcrafted beer incorporating Hawaiian and Pacific Island ingredients while maintaining a "Made in Hawaii" production facility. Changing the world - one local craft beer at a time.
Island Inspired Beers Handcrafted in Hawaii
Starting out as homebrewers more than a decade ago, we have developed and refined over 50 unique beer recipes. During those early brewing sessions we often discussed the need for more local craft beer on the islands. The dream of starting Lanikai Brewing Company became a reality this past summer when we found our current home in downtown Kailua. As we continue this adventure, we are inspired by the unique beauty of Hamakua Marsh, a protected wildlife sanctuary located right outside our back door. Lanikai Brewing Company is proud to be Kailua's first brewery. Our primary focus is delivering top quality handcrafted beers for your drinking pleasure.
Your contribution will help us:
- Build an awesome tasting room complete with custom bar, four beers on draft, and island decor for your tasting pleasure. You will be able to pick up a few 22-oz. Lanikai Brewing Company bottles from the brewery to share with friends. The pictures below show the tasting room in its current state ready for build-out to satisfy your local craft beer needs.
- The funds will also be used to create a growler fill station.
Additionally, we have a few stretch goals once the $20,000 is reached for the tasting room. These goals will help us to bring more craft beer to the market and host a few awesome events.
- $40,000 will allow us to host an event at the brewery with food, beer and live music.
- $60,000 helps us to add additional fermenters to bring more varieties of beer to the market.
- $75,000 begins the barrel aged and sour beer program.
- $100,000 is the seed money to launch the inaugural Kailua Brewfest in 2016. This is a game changer - help us make this happen!
Lanikai Brewing Company has over 50+ years combined brewing experience. We are a dedicated and passionate bunch of guys who enjoy glassy waves, long paddles, channel crossings, epic hikes, ono grinds and most importantly craft beer.
We look forward to adding to the growing craft beer scene here in Hawaii and beyond!
State of the Brewery:
We are production ready. We are finalizing our permits to operate and are ready to start brewing our first several batches very soon! We take great pride in the quality equipment we had custom built for the brewery. The state of the art brew system will allow us complete control of each step in the brewing process while collecting data along the way and providing the ability to scale up quickly to meet growing demand.
- Completed facility build out and installation of brewing equipment
- Finalized first two recipes: Imperial IPA and Robust Porter
- Tasting room prepped for custom bar installation, draught lines and growler fill station.
- 808 IPA (Imperial IPA) - Hops and Pikake botanicals bring citrus, grapefruit and floral notes to our signature IPA. A solid malt backbone adds a touch of sweetness. 8.1% ABV / 75 IBUs
- Pillbox Porter (Robust Porter) - A unique blend of Tahitian and Hawaiian vanilla complement the malt sweetness of this robust brew. Caramel notes are balanced by a touch of hop bitterness and a spicy, herbal aroma. 6.5% ABV / 20 IBUs
- Additional recipes are currently in development - Planning to launch 2 additional beers in 2015
Reasons to support our Kickstarter campaign:
- Hawaii and the world needs more local craft beer...but especially Hawaii.
- You know you want to wear our super cool beer swag.
- We make BEER!
- Try Local, Buy Local.
- Beer will save the world.
- We make CRAFT BEER!
- Supporting local businesses, artists, & contractors.
- Creating local jobs.
- Lanikai Brewing Company makes LOCAL CRAFT BEER!
How to support the Lanikai Brewing Company campaign:
- Setup and sign into your free Kickstarter account
- Search Lanikai Brewing Company and you are ready to starting donating. We greatly appreciate any and all donations (big or small....who are we kidding GO BIG!)
- Share the link on your Facebook account.
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/lanikaibrewing
- Follow us on Instagram http://instagram.com/lanikaibrewing
- Tell all your friends and family about us and show some aloha for local craft beer.
That all sounds great but we know everyone wants to see pictures of the epic Lanikai Brewing Company swag for your contributions:
Risks and challenges
Were not going to lie starting a brewery has taken a ton of sweat, blood and money, but we have come a long way in the past 6 months. We fully expect to run into delays, issues and obstacles in the future, but experienced operational and management team at Lanikai Brewing Company is fully prepared to address these challenges and get our beer to market in the very near future.
Support our campaign by helping us create a tasting room to sample our beers while touring the brewery.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)