Yosemite People Peace!
Happy Holidays Yosemite People!
I wanted to send out a progress report right before the holiday season kicks-off!
I'm happy to report that so far Yosemite People is still scheduled for a spring release.
We're in the thick of production and design. Here are a few highlights:
- Yosemite People now has a National Library of Congress number!
- Yosemite People has an ISBN number and bar code!
- All essays, interviews, and stories (with the exception of my Introduction which I'm writing now) have been edited by our outstanding editor, Ann Lucke!
- 90% of negatives have been scanned and are now being retouched (dust, dust, dust!) and converted into duotone files.
- I'm patiently waiting for an order of "wet proofs" of 30 images that I expect to see in a week's time. These proofs are prints using the exact inks and paper stock that will be used in the book. They will demonstrate how the resolution is looking, the tonal range, density, how warm/cool the images should be, and paper see-through.
I'm busy for sure. I still need to finish writing the Introduction, Acknowledgments, and wrap up the design. I'll keep you all updated with more details in the coming weeks for sure. Next updates will include information about our printing process and exciting news about book signings!
Before the end of the year I'll be posting names of all of our Silver Sponsors (pledges of $5 or more) on the Yosemite People web site. If for any reason you don't want to be listed, please shoot me a note. Also, I can always edit the list later as well.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!