General Schedule and Some Other Stuff
Just wanted to give you all a sense of where we're at.
- It looks like mass production is going to finish somewhere between late December and early January. The manufacturer will be sending me a final proof in the next couple of weeks which will be my last chance to change anything before all the boxes are completely sealed (I don't anticipate any changes) - I'll post some pictures of it once it gets here.
- After that the games are basically going to a couple of different places - the European copies are going to be air shipped to a fulfillment center in Germany, who will turn around and mail the EU copies out (this is so that my EU backers don't have to pay the VAT tax) - it looks like we're going to be using Stella International unless something major changes. The other international copies are going be sent to Agility, which is a fulfillment center who works out of China (I initially thought about using Send From China, but even communicating with them proved to be a nightmare, and I had read some recent horror stories where they really dropped the ball).
- The US and Canadian copies are going to be freight shipped to me, which takes a couple of weeks since its by ship, and then I'll turn around and mail them out via USPS. Mailing the games to Canada turned out to be considerably more expensive proposition than I thought... so there's a chance that I'll drive up to Canada and mail those copies out from within Canada myself (field trip!). That is, unless I can find another option (which is definitely possible, I'm looking into a couple of other things right now).
All of that said, the cut off date for changing your address is going to be December 20th. After the 20th, if your game gets shipped to the wrong address because you didn't change it, thats on you. I really want you to get what you paid for, so please take the time to make sure you're address is current. In case you missed the previous update, here's how you can change your address in Kickstarter:
- When you're signed in to Kickstarter, click on your profile icon.
- It'll open up a drop down menu. In the left column, under My Stuff, there is "Backed Projects", click on that
- You'll see a list of all the games you've backed. Find the game you want, and then click on the blue "+" icon on the far right. A window will pop up showing the game and what you've pledged. There are some tabs here, click on the one that says "Survey" and then click on "Edit address" (it should be blue).
I'll post about changing your address one final time as we near the deadline, but please don't put it off.
David Siskin, a backer of the campaign, had asked to see the cubes, so I wanted to post that for everyone:
In David's comment he had mentioned 10 factions, but to be clear there's only 8 factions that come with the game. The Deluxe and Supreme alternate factions are just that - alternate factions. They are faction cards that are used in place of the other factions (so Pink, for instance, might be a substitute for Purple or White).
As I had mentioned in an earlier update, we're going try to release an expansion sometime early next year. Among other things, the expansion is adding faction abilities. To make sure that the Deluxe and Supreme backers got faction abilities for their alternate factions, and as a preview and thank you to those backers, I included their faction ability cards plus an instruction card, with the 18 other cards that they're receiving. Below is a mock up of the front and back of the Teal faction ability card:
If those backers never get the expansion, thats totally fine, just throw extra cards out, but this way, if they do get it, their extra factions won't be left out. If you're curious to see more about faction abilities, or want to contribute thoughts/ideas, you can take this link to board game geeks and see our discussion thread there. Also, for those backers who are using the PNP materials, you'll see that most of the factions have undergone a series of changes for the purpose of game balance/usefulness, so check them out if you've already been using that stuff (all the images there are sized for printing):